Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The dubious journalism of the BBC's Laura Kuenssberg

But why did they not say fuck off Guido; or fuck off Krishnan; or fuck off any of the other many other journos who did it before she did in the hour before she did? The people I saw getting criticised most when it happened were Laura Kunesberg and Beth Rigsby from Sky News. Not the other 20 odd male journos who had done it. That’s not to say I agree with any of it. But it’s a bit telling. And also actual legit journalism tbf. Even the man filmed has said he doesn’t have a problem with it. It’s not exactly doorstepping Gareth Edwards parents to tell them he’s HIV positive.

I agree with you to some extent re the consensual thing across class divide but actually that’s to do with the patronisation of the working class which is an entirely different issue in this context imho.
Look I know what you are saying but in this instance it’s obvious why Laura was criticised. Widen the scope a bit and men are also getting it all the time.
And they did say FUCK OFF GUIDO

Ffs stop trying to make this as some misogynistic rant against LK. She was the one who decided to make this a party political lynch mobbing against a parent with a sick child, like the political allegiance should matter, not the sick child and the state of the NHS.

What stands out is her political allegiance matters.

Ffs stop trying to make this as some misogynistic rant against LK. She was the one who decided to make this a party political lynch mobbing against a parent with a sick child, like the political allegiance should matter, not the sick child and the state of the NHS.

What stands out is her political allegiance matters.
It’s not even that (well it is) but what pissed people off initially is that she started off by suggesting it was a stunt when his bairn was ill in hospital. Analysis after the event trying to twist that can fuck off.
Other than that solid post.

A bit unfair. In my opinion she is a very good reporter with a good grasp of what is going on. It is her reporting of the facts that come across as being biased that makes her unsuitable for the BBC.

ETA & her not being able to seperate the professional relationship to a personal one to people she obviously has to spend a large amount of time with.

Caveat. I rarely watch TV political reportage, preferring to read but....

It made me laugh. What next?

'Old Boris, blond ail. Possibly the worst bowel movent in the world'.

Last edited:
I prefer this one for Carlsberg ads.
classwar.jpg

Guido also thrives off shit like twitter storms... ignoring him is probably going to work better than ranting on his twitter. Not that I think ranting on twitter is ever a good response, but it's particularly counter-productive in that case.

You must be fucking kidding if you think a state broadcaster can be impartial. Jesus, people here still have faith in this shit.
I suppose we should be thankful that a member of the public can actually get near to the PM. Enjoy it whilst it lasts. :(

BBC have barely reported policy votes at Lab conference...none of the big papers have either, other than shock about the private schools bit. I've had to go looking to find out results of votes... on Twitter in fact.

I dunno about all this. I mean most people don't get their news from twitter (they get it from eg BBC news so her reporting on that more relevant) and the above could be explained by things being politically busier yesterday than Friday.

Basically I think the twitter bubble distorts things for those in it and doesn't really matter to the vast majority

It doesn't matter to most but it does give a decent idea of how the media bubble especially views things. Both in terms of political preference and the requirements of their own jobs. Their/her indifference to Labour policy and love of gossip and dissent doesn't end when they come to picking the on screen stuff. None of them are that professional.

Not long before most people are getting their news online too I reckon, probably more YouTube than Twitter mind.

I dunno about all this. I mean most people don't get their news from twitter (they get it from eg BBC news so her reporting on that more relevant) and the above could be explained by things being politically busier yesterday than Friday.

Basically I think the twitter bubble distorts things for those in it and doesn't really matter to the vast majority
The twitter bubble created or at least facilitated by high profile journalists using their platform to present a distorted view of a situation.

It doesn't matter to most but it does give a decent idea of how the media bubble especially views things. Both in terms of political preference and the requirements of their own jobs. Their/her indifference to Labour policy and love of gossip and dissent doesn't end when they come to picking the on screen stuff. None of them are that professional.

Not long before most people are getting their news online too I reckon, probably more YouTube than Twitter mind.
Yeah I agree with first para although think a better example of impact would be a journalists actual broadcast/published work not their twitter output.

Not sure on second - yeah people access news online but most people aren't political wonks and the stuff they will access on twitter won't be the trivial day to day politico stuff. It doesn't really matter.

Yes and I avoid twitter where possible for this reason. Also it gives the illusion of some kind of ability to reply to what powerful people say, when in reality it's barely one step up from shouting at the TV. And at least when you're shouting at the TV, only the cat can hear you and not potential employers from ten years in the future.

Yeah I agree with first para although think a better example of impact would be a journalists actual broadcast/published work not their twitter output.

Not sure on second - yeah people access news online but most people aren't political wonks and the stuff they will access on twitter won't be the trivial day to day politico stuff. It doesn't really matter.

Aye, it'd definitely be nice to see more proper talk and study of their output and the bias in that but then the people best positioned to investigate that sort of thing are journalists - and they have no interest in doing so, even on a basic level. The career of Andrew Neil is a case in point, even when he was called out for being a blatantly partisan joke of a human being he just shrugged it off and before long the matter was dropped. Understandable that political obsessives on Twitter try to come at it from that angle, it's the one most of them have access too. As you say though, it doesn't mean much to most outside of it.

And on the second I'm going more or less purely by anecdote. Of the people I know a lot more these days are getting their news from YouTube, equal to or above BBC/C4/Sky/papers. Some are just tapping into US/other talking heads, others following more niche commentators/reports and some just disappearing into the abyss of conspiracy nonsense. So good and bad, but it's happening across all ages and types, mostly because they lost all respect for the papers long ago and only tune into TV news to see what TV news is saying, they view it as opinion pieces, not proper journalism. Not that YouTube has proper journalism either mind, but it's something different I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom