Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The DNC "hack" was a leak from within the US and not Russia.

Trying to type phrases that Pickman has never heard people say, of course.

tbh I was just trying to give him something to witter about instead of trashing the thread/throwing insults/accusing me of being some past member of this forum/being a grammar nazi/ad nauseum

Trying to type phrases that Pickman has never heard people say, of course.

tbh I was just trying to give him something to witter about instead of trashing the thread/throwing insults/accusing me of being some past member of this forum/being a grammar nazi/ad nauseum
yeh cos you've never ever posted here before 24/11/2016. i'll believe you. millions wouldn't.

But why are they inside a Dyson Sphere rather than anywhere else, like a giant zoo or the rainforest?
I wanted to underline just how many monkeys it would take for a sentence to be formed that was outside Pickman's immense aquaintance.

Coz if he ain't heard it, it is more than likely that it has never been uttered.

Doncha know.

And yes, they are minature monks and not primates, apparently: Spelling errors are to be repeated at all times.

I wanted to underline just how many monkeys it would take for a sentence to be formed that was outside Pickman's immense aquaintance.
It would take an infinite number of monkeys. It doesn't work unless you have infinite monkeys or they have infinite time. So you can't fit them inside a Dyson Sphere, unless you are giving them infinite time, in which case one monkey is all that's necessary.

But why are they inside a Dyson Sphere rather than anywhere else, like a giant zoo or the rainforest?

I think he meant trillions of monkeys, which would necessitate considerable volume for not just the monkeys work space and equipment (keyboards, monitors, power generation etcetera) but also their life-support systems (sleeping areas, transport infrastructure, waste-disposal, healthcare, recreation, atmospherics etcetera) and support staff (vets, tech-support, general zoo-keeping personnel etcetera). Probably need at least one fully developed planet as an industrial base for keyboard production alone to be fair.

Also this whole crazy setup would require the kind of total energy source only encapsulating a star could provide. Trillions is infinitishness on the cheap so it makes sense really. Economic.

I think he meant trillions of monkeys, which would necessitate considerable volume for not just the monkeys work space and equipment (keyboards, monitors, power generation etcetera) but also their life-support systems (sleeping areas, transport infrastructure, waste-disposal, healthcare, recreation, atmospherics etcetera) and support staff (vets, tech-support, general zoo-keeping personnel etcetera). Probably need at least one fully developed planet as an industrial base for keyboard production alone to be fair.

Also this whole crazy setup would require the kind of total energy source only encapsulating a star could provide. Trillions is infinitishness on the cheap so it makes sense really. Economic.
They don't actually need any monitors.

Back on topic:

Quick round up of the US position:
00-vitaly-podvitsky-putin-did-it-2014.jpg

To be honest, I'm more optimistic about Trumps pick for secretary of state. To think it could have been Gulliani or Bolton (or at least, the impression was given). Not to mention the idea of Victoria Nuland or something had Hillary got the job. Instead we have an oil-man who knows how to get things done by working with governments all over the world and with a keen interest in stuff that drives development and growth... although the wrong kind of stuff. Plus business people know what the word "negotiation" means. Maybe I'm less concerned about that because I think petroleum is on its way out due to processes that political appointees in even a super-power are less able to fuck about with in the long run.

The problem is, with government power and money, they can continue to prop up the oil economy long after its economically and environmentally viable. We need to be making the carbon neutral switch soon because we have enough oil reserves in place to burn past any safe mark for climate change. Oil companies are already the biggest corporate "welfare queens" in the US. Not only are we losing 4 years, with Trump, but possibly another decade or two before economics or natural forces enforce the change already on the way. And if you look at most wars the US has been involved in, they've all been related in part to resource extraction. With all the accusations of oil companies employing private armies, I doubt making an Exxon executive our Secretary of State, is going to be the anti-war move.

The problem is, with government power and money, they can continue to prop up the oil economy long after its economically and environmentally viable. We need to be making the carbon neutral switch soon because we have enough oil reserves in place to burn past any safe mark for climate change. Oil companies are already the biggest corporate "welfare queens" in the US. Not only are we losing 4 years, with Trump, but possibly another decade or two before economics or natural forces enforce the change already on the way. And if you look at most wars the US has been involved in, they've all been related in part to resource extraction. With all the accusations of oil companies employing private armies, I doubt making an Exxon executive our Secretary of State, is going to be the anti-war move.

It's probably more of an anti Big War move, considering the stakes of Big War I'd say that's something. But you're right of course in terms of where we are generally with the environment. But considering the United states has been happy to intervene and invade in relation to such things as the banana-trade you don't need oil to feed the military-industrial-financial-congressional driven beast of war in my opinion, it can justify itself on the basis of any old form of capital really.

Why would monkeys be inside a Dyson Sphere?
:confused:

Because the Russians put them there to subvert the election :eek:

(or maybe it was the CIA, or maybe they just crawled in there on their own without any conspiracy. TBH I'm losing interest in the whole thing now...)

Back
Top Bottom