Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The DNC "hack" was a leak from within the US and not Russia.

Infowars? I'll have to add that to the list.

1) Accuse them of anti-Semitism when they criticise Israel's foreign policy.

2) Accuse them of backing terrorists when they meet people that are from pro-Palestinian organisations.

3) Accuse them of being anti-Western for opposing the arming and funding of terrorists in Syria.

4) Accuse them of being pro-Trump when they criticise the DNC ongoing shenaningans.

5) Accuse them of being a Brexiter when they object to the ongoing corporatisation of the EU.

6) Accuse them of being "letting the Tories in" when they fail to support a member of Progress.

7) Accuse them of being "cultists" and "hard left" when they fail to back NewLabour's proposals of further austerity.

8) Accuse them of being sexist when they fail to support Liz Kendall or Angela Eagle.

9) Accuse them of trolling when using the term "Blairite" (and suspending them from the party before a leadership election) while calling them "dogs" (literally).

10) Accuse them of being pro-Putin when they express skepticism of their intelligence services who llied to us about Iraq.

You forgot "accuse them of being reptilian shapeshifters when they are obviously reptilian shapeshifters".

Yeah they're much more conniving and underhanded

ASSANGE JUST LEAKED PROOF IMPLICATING HILLARY CLINTON IN THE MURDER OF DNC WHISTLEBLOWER SETH RICH -

Oh fuck off this is David Kelly all over again.

Once again, fuck. off.

Hiding from rape charges, and acting as Putin's puppet? He's scum.

With regard to the rape charges, I agree wholeheartedly. However, he has done a great service in releasing information into the public domain, which we wouldn't otherwise know.

American politics and establishment seems to be absolutely rotten to the core.

I was remarking to a work colleague the other day, that for the last couple of months of the campaign, virtually every day there was another allegation about Trump's behaviour, yet the US public favoured him over Clinton. Had the Democrats put anyone else up against Trump, I feel that they would have won. It's a sad day when Clinton is so reviled that Trump won.

With regard to the rape charges, I agree wholeheartedly. However, he has done a great service in releasing information into the public domain, which we wouldn't otherwise know.

American politics and establishment seems to be absolutely rotten to the core.

I was remarking to a work colleague the other day, that for the last couple of months of the campaign, virtually every day there was another allegation about Trump's behaviour, yet the US public favoured him over Clinton. Had the Democrats put anyone else up against Trump, I feel that they would have won. It's a sad day when Clinton is so reviled that Trump won.

As has been reportededy widely Russians hacked and did not release the information on the RNC. This isn't some laudable truth dump it's Partsian politics and worrying for anyone

As has been reportededy widely Russians hacked and did not release the information on the RNC. This isn't some laudable truth dump it's Partsian politics and worrying for anyone
I am talking about the information released way before the election.

Is all politics not partisan?

The widely reported in this sentence is doing a lot of heavy lifting.

Think the point being that if the intelligence services of a foreign country obtained potentially damning information about both main political parties of another nation, but chose to release information on only one party, one might conclude they were hoping to sway an election towards one party over the other.

The Russians (ATP28/29) hacked everybody even vaguely significant politically and economically, that's what they (and their US, UK, Israeli, Chinese etc equivalents do)

Well the point is, maybe Russians might indulge in espionage, but that doesn't mean this particular release of information to wikileaks had anything to do with them.

There's partisan and then there's a foreign govt selective releasing information for the benefit of one candidate and to harm the other.

Imagine the USSR releasing stolen British Government papers to aid the Labour party in the 1983 election. Still sound okay?

Reactions: CRI
The tricky thing here is that as far as I can tell there are no forensics to say for sure that either of the hacker groups in question actually did release that info to Wikileaks.

There does appear to be plausible evidence that they were in the DNC networks, but those two groups have been found in all kinds of politically significant networks over the last decade or so, so that in itself isn't conclusive evidence of anything beyond them doing what they normally do.

That's not to say that they didn't give stuff to Wikileaks, but I think treating the assertion that they did as proven fact is problematic for a variety of reasons.

Edited to add: especially when both sides in the US election are still spinning the shit out of everything in sight.

Last edited:
The tricky thing here is that as far as I can tell there are no forensics to say for sure that either of the hacker groups in question actually did release that info to Wikileaks.

There does appear to be plausible evidence that they were in the DNC networks, but those two groups have been found in all kinds of politically significant networks over the last decade or so, so that in itself isn't conclusive evidence of anything beyond them doing what they normally do.

That's not to say that they didn't give stuff to Wikileaks, but I think treating the assertion that they did as proven fact is problematic for a variety of reasons.

1. They've been found in lots of places, including enemies of Russia. And Weirdly they've never hacked any Russian Systems.

2. Notes were written in a version of Word registered in Russia.

3. The pattern of hacking suggests it mainly occurred in Russian time zones.

4. One hacker who claimed to be Romanian, was clearly typing his answers into google translation.

The FBI have a legal responsibility to provide evidence "beyond reasonable doubt" the CIA do not.

Sure, the evidence that those two groups are Russian is pretty conclusive, but that doesn't change my point in the least.

Quite. The point is, while the FBI is shackled by providing irrefutable evidence, the CIA is not. Furthermore, it would be naive to assume that the CIA have additional evidence they're unable to publicise. Senate/Congressional inquiries aren't bound by the legal requirements of a criminal prosecution and can hear testimony from privileged security sources.

The point is we're never going to get fingerprints on the ip address levels of evidence, but there should be intelligence that should allow tsome action on it. Whether we will or not depends on republican partisan hackery, and how competent Trump is, if he's a liability expect him to get chucked under the bus.

Also the thing that actually brought down Nixon, wasn't the break in per say, It was the whitehouse staffer who called the FBI and demanded the investigation into the break in be shut down, and essentially tried the "don't you know who I am, and your career is over" routine. That's obstruction of justice. And because he was told to make the call, that's conspiracy to obstruct justice.

The Trump administration will have to tread very lightly around the FBI investigation into the hack.

That may be so, but in a situation where both 'sides' are spinning the shit out of everything in sight, such claims are ... problematic.

Think the point being that if the intelligence services of a foreign country obtained potentially damning information about both main political parties of another nation, but chose to release information on only one party, one might conclude they were hoping to sway an election towards one party over the other.

Again, whilst reprehensible, not surprising.

There's partisan and then there's a foreign govt selective releasing information for the benefit of one candidate and to harm the other.

Imagine the USSR releasing stolen British Government papers to aid the Labour party in the 1983 election. Still sound okay?
No, of course not, but again, it wouldn't be surprising.

I have had no faith in the 'honesty' of any government for a long time.

Also the thing that actually brought down Nixon, wasn't the break in per say, It was the whitehouse staffer who called the FBI and demanded the investigation into the break in be shut down, and essentially tried the "don't you know who I am, and your career is over" routine. That's obstruction of justice. And because he was told to make the call, that's conspiracy to obstruct justice.

The Trump administration will have to tread very lightly around the FBI investigation into the hack.

Don't forget that Trump can fire the head of the FBI any time he wishes.

I would say, that it is more a case of two utterly corrupt agencies, treading warily around Trump.

That may be so, but in a situation where both 'sides' are spinning the shit out of everything in sight, such claims are ... problematic.

That's the whole point, isn't it? There seems to be no government, or senior civil servant, who is capable of speaking the truth in any situation.

There is concern over 'false news'. There should be more concern of government hiding behind 'data protection' and 'commercial sensitivity' to obfuscate with regard to their actions.

I am all in favour of complete transparency. Every government contract should be published, with details of all bids, and the reason why a particular company got the job. Ditto with the BBC, all salaries should be in the public domain.

Last edited:
Don't forget that Trump can fire the head of the FBI any time he wishes.

I would say, that it is more a case of two utterly corrupt agencies, treading warily around Trump.

No FBI directors have 10 year terms, and have to be fired for cause, see William Sessions

Also it's not just the consensus of the CIA/FBI/NSA that Russia hacked the election, a variety of foreign intelligence services and internet security companies agree.

The only people are saying it's anyone but the Russians are Trump, Putin, Assange and Wikileaks.

Last edited:
No FBI directors have 10 year terms, and have to be fired for cause, see William Sessions

Also it's not just the consensus of the CIA/FBI/NSA that Russia hacked the election, a variety of foreign intelligence services and internet security companies agree

In that case you will have no problem finding us statements to that effect from the CIA, FBI, NSA and foreign intelligence services.

I think that it is entirely possible that it is true that, indirectly probably, the Russian intelligence services had a role in the Podesta leaks but at the end of the day, perhaps the DNC shouldn't have rigged the primary against Bernie Sanders and if they hadn't then there would be nothing worth leaking in the first place. Interesting that liberals have been focused on the RUSSIA! narrative since the DNC leaks, rather than, you know, those actually responsible for the undermining of the democratic process.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom