Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The DNC "hack" was a leak from within the US and not Russia.

yeh. we're assessing the reliability of this information about the nsa legend who doesn't appear to have predicted any invasions. and it is found wanting.

So it is still "the Russians wot did it" because 1) the honest foks at the CIA said so and 2) we haven't got any "reliable" testimony that it may have been someobody ther than the Russians.

Brilliant! LOL!

So the Clinton ... to have those who Crossed Them rubbed out?

Who said that btw?

So it is still "the Russians wot did it" because 1) the honest foks at the CIA said so and 2) we haven't got any "reliable" testimony that it may have been someobody ther than the Russians.
all i am saying is that this nsa legend doesn't stand up. perhaps you can point me to where i have said 'let's trust the cia' so i can correct it. so, the basis for your claims is bollocks but i haven't said anything along the lines of 'and by default this means the cia are truthful'.

Not my claims. Those of Craig Murray.

So do you believe it was Russia behind it? If so, please explain your reasoning.

There is absolutely no reason to believe this 'Russian hack' claim, unless the idea that the US might indulge in propaganda is so challenging that any logic will be employed to avoid it.

I'm reminded of the emperor's new clothes. People always miss the point of the story. The salient point is not the fooling of the emperor. It's the fooling of the people who all think they can see the clothes until the child pipes up.

I'm reminded of the emperor's new clothes. People always miss the point of the story. The salient point is not the fooling of the emperor. It's the fooling of the people who all think they can see the clothes until the child pipes up.

It's not though is it? The point is that they won't say anything, not that actually think they see the clothes.

Monkeygrinder's organ I stand corrected you are right, however the people believe that the clothes are there, they just cannot admit to not seeing them

"36-year NSA veteran widely regarded as a “legend” within the agency and the NSA’s best-ever analyst and code-breaker, who mapped out the Soviet command-and-control structure before anyone else knew how, and so predicted Soviet invasions before they happened"

either

a) Unamed yet obviously identifiable if he/she exists, 36 year NSA veteran has just ensured he will spend the rest of his days in an orange jumpsuit and never reap the benefits of his/her fat state pension for some act of unfathomable randomness

or

b) This is toss

Gordon Welchman died in 1985

"is the US a banana republic?"

Could it be aspring to be?

It has been said that the banana republics were not, as we thought, developing countries going through the growing pains of a liberal-democracy-to-be but actually the blueprint for our own future societies designed and set up by our own governments and ruling classes.

c.f. Thatcher, Reagan and Pinochet

"36-year NSA veteran widely regarded as a “legend” within the agency and the NSA’s best-ever analyst and code-breaker, who mapped out the Soviet command-and-control structure before anyone else knew how, and so predicted Soviet invasions before they happened"

either

a) Unamed yet obviously identifiable if he/she exists, 36 year NSA veteran has just ensured he will spend the rest of his days in an orange jumpsuit and never reap the benefits of his/her fat state pension for some act of unfathomable randomness

or

b) This is toss

sounds like its William Binney whose already burned his boats with his former employers

It has been said that the banana republics were not, as we thought, developing countries going through the growing pains of a liberal-democracy-to-be but actually the blueprint for our own future societies designed and set up by our own governments and ruling classes.

I don't disagree, but I was referring to this...

how many of you are there?

Besides, the nature of banana-republics is quite straight forward, they are economic colonies whose role is to convert capital into profits by supplying Western markets with bananas.

Besides, the nature of banana-republics is quite straight forward, they are economic colonies whose role is to convert capital into profits by supplying Western markets with bananas.
Indeed, when we say bana republic we really talk about bananas. It is not meant to refer to a small state that is politically unstable as a result of the domination of its economy by a single export controlled by foreign capital. In the context of the question of America has nothing to do with stuff like this 10 ways America has come to resemble a banana republic. No, it's about bananas. Straight ones, curvey ones, green ones, brown ones

That is "we" as "we as a society" which should be clear, but I apologise if it wasn't. Try "as was thought" instead.

Try that, or try a good strong hot beverage.
no one i know thought that banana republics were developing countries going through growing pains on their way to becoming liberal democracies but, as camouflage points out, economic colonies.

Indeed, when we say bana republic we really talk about bananas. It is not meant to refer to a small state that is politically unstable as a result of the domination of its economy by a single export controlled by foreign capital. In the context of the question of America has nothing to do with stuff like this 10 ways America has come to resemble a banana republic. No, it's about bananas. Straight ones, curvey ones, green ones, brown ones

The United States is dominated by a single export... Capital. ;)

no one i know thought that banana republics were developing countries going through growing pains on their way to becoming liberal democracies but, as camouflage points out, economic colonies.

In that case nobody said it ever. In fact those words have never been uttered in the history of the English language and could only be formed in such an unlikely sequence by a Dyson Sphere full of monkies with typewriters over a period of several million years.

With our President-elect's cabinet appointments, I'd say that we're becoming more of a petrostate.

To be honest, I'm more optimistic about Trumps pick for secretary of state. To think it could have been Gulliani or Bolton (or at least, the impression was given). Not to mention the idea of Victoria Nuland or something had Hillary got the job. Instead we have an oil-man who knows how to get things done by working with governments all over the world and with a keen interest in stuff that drives development and growth... although the wrong kind of stuff. Plus business people know what the word "negotiation" means. Maybe I'm less concerned about that because I think petroleum is on its way out due to processes that political appointees in even a super-power are less able to fuck about with in the long run.

In that case nobody said it ever. In fact those words have never been uttered in the history of the English language and could only be formed in such an unlikely sequence by a Dyson Sphere full of monkies with typewriters over a period of several million years.
monkeys. unless it is an affectionate diminutive for monks.

in any case, you said it above.

Back
Top Bottom