Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The debt the British people owe to Gerry Adams...

Until the sectarian divide gets signifcantly breached the South isn't going to want the North and who could blame them?

The sectarian divide has been breached by the introduction of the GFA, but I fear that it will take another generation or two before all 32 counties reach non-sectarian Utopia together.

But practically speaking, starting from now, reaching across the sectarian divide to forge alliances based on real shared interests is the way forward, no? How else would you do it?

Given the naked sectarianism of Unionism/Loyalism. Why is the onus on crossing the divide always placed upon Republicans?

The sectarian divide has been breached by the introduction of the GFA, but I fear that it will take another generation or two before all 32 counties reach non-sectarian Utopia together.
You're not kidding. I suppose you can't blame the older ones, hard times like that become part of your bones.

And a thorn in everyone's side.

Then again, you could say the unionists want a disunited Ireland. So, really the onus is on both to come to a decision. The majority of people south of the border don't give a fuck.

Maybe they should give a fuck.

Maybe the dysfunctional nature of southern society and the southern polity is not unconnected to the fact of partition, just as the dysfunctionality of the northern statelet was a direct product of partition.

well that happened for some good and some not so good historical reasons.
moving on from the present situation requires the people in the north to figure out of way of living that does not require bigatory.
good luck with that one.

Back
Top Bottom