Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The big Brexit thread - news, updates and discussion

A tory led remain was your favoured option. Let's be clear on that.

This is your mess. You demanded that brexit have more importance than winning the election and imposed a policy that led to both a hard brexit and losing the election. Genius stuff. and you talk about enabling? Take some responsibility instead of bleating tory-led tory-led.
Let’s be clear, it was my favoured option over a Tory brexit which is what we have now. This is the mess of whoever voted for it.

Is it really non-engagement when one position is consistently branded as being nose-led by false consciousness?
Can't say, tbh, but then I've always believed and argued that working class voters encouraged to vote for either version of neoliberal superstructural arrangement were doing so against their own interests.

Let’s be clear, it was my favoured option over a Tory brexit which is what we have now. This is the mess of whoever voted for it.
Let's be even clearer then - the tory-led part of your oft repeated tory-led brexit is redundant. You would oppose any brexit at all - and i would guess, especially a labour-left led one given your fantasist hyperbole over the last 4 years about trots and reds under the bed. Which is what led you and people like you to force an election losing strategy based on that position on that labour-left as only brexit matters and to a situation where the hardest brexit possible is now the most likely outcome whilst crowding out any voices looking for an other form of brexit via shrill liberal priestly denunciation covering yourself in the eu flag of anti-racism. But, nothing to do with you. In fact, everyone else is guilty.

Can't say, tbh, but then I've always believed and argued that working class voters encouraged to vote for either version of neoliberal superstructural arrangement were doing so against their own interests.
You wouldn't support a strike that didn't end in immediate full libertarian communism? You wouldn't have a position?

Let's be even clearer then - the tory-led part of your oft repeated tory-led brexit is redundant. You would oppose any brexit at all - and i would guess, especially a labour-left led one given your fantasist hyperbole over the last 4 years about trots and reds under the bed. Which is what led you and people like you to force an election losing strategy based on that position on that labour-left as only brexit matters and to a situation where the hardest brexit possible is now the most likely outcome whilst crowding out any voices looking for an other form of brexit via shrill liberal priestly denunciation covering yourself in the eu flag of anti-racism. But, nothing to do with you. In fact, everyone else is guilty.
I would oppose any brexit at all, and if anything the shitshow since the vote has hardened that view. And worse is to come.

A Labour left brexit or indeed a Labour left led anything was never on the cards.

No, i just have never believed that really existing Brexit offered the class any chance of incremental advance, let alone a radical one.
But if you thought that it did then you'd be all in right? But you couldn't be because you don't take part in what you call bosses fights.

I would oppose any brexit at all, and if anything the shitshow since the vote has hardened that view. And worse is to come.

A Labour left brexit or indeed a Labour left led anything was never on the cards.
Irrelevant in highlighting your cheap tory-led content-free rhetorical attempt.

But if you thought that it did then you'd be all in right? But you couldn't be because you don't take part in what you call bosses fights.
I suppose so. If I'd have accepted, for want of a better descriptor, the Lexit position, I guess I'd have engaged.

In the very next paragraph, I suggested "hitting the pause button" - but instead you chose to highlight a few words and misrepresent my position, because you're a dishonest, trolling, alt-right sack of shit.

Who on earth do you think you are fooling?

Stay in the EU, leave the EU, leave the EU and rejoin it in 10 years, whatever, history will record it as a trivial trade dispute between wealthy neighbours - there should be overwhelming public support for hitting the pause button for a year or two until things get to somewhere approaching normal.

Your next paragraph is almost as hilarious as your first.

So you deludedly think the public would be happy for further extension of some unknown time span?

And how would this be achieved? Another referendum?

You are one of the many reasons people voted the Tories into power with a massive majority.

Who on earth do you think you are fooling?

Your next paragraph is almost as hilarious as your first.

So you deludedly think the public would be happy for further extension of some unknown time span?

And how would this be achieved? Another referendum?

You are one of the many reasons people voted the Tories into power with a massive majority.
Who do you think you're kidding mr hitler

What I don't understand is that the economy is collapsing amidst a global pandemic, nobody knows what the fuck is going to be happening from one week to the next, and the government is still steaming ahead with this ridiculous Brexit shit.

Stay in the EU, leave the EU, leave the EU and rejoin it in 10 years, whatever, history will record it as a trivial trade dispute between wealthy neighbours - there should be overwhelming public support for hitting the pause button for a year or two until things get to somewhere approaching normal.

You think the EU's economic response to the pandemic warrants having anything do with it? It gave Hungary more emergency funding than it did Italy, it capped pooled debt response at 0.7% of GDP and while it is letting states temporarily their businesses, its doing so in manner that moving forward exposes a significant number of countries to vulture capitalism.

In real politik terms, direction of the world is very much impacted by which American takes oath on 20/1/21. EU can if it wants, spend the time prior to that bullshitting that UK standards have eroded from EUropean ones (their choice), potentially though that has a GLOBAL impact on the drive for Covid herd immunity.

You lost the vote. A willingness to compromise from the remainers might well have avoided this tory govt.
You mean the non-binding vote that was campaigned on a platform of outright lies?

Or do the you think the small majority of favourinf Brexit were actually desperate to become part of this ongoing fucking catastrophe that has made the UK a laughing stock across the world? Is this what you wanted?

And I'm really not sure why you think people 'compromising' on this shitshow would have stopped a Tory government getting in either. It was their fucking idea in the first place. What kind of compromises were you looking for?

You mean the non-binding vote that was campaigned on a platform of outright lies?

Or do the you think the small majority of favourinf Brexit were actually desperate to become part of this ongoing fucking catastrophe that has made the UK a laughing stock across the world? Is this what you wanted?

And I'm really not sure why you think people 'compromising' on this shitshow would have stopped a Tory government getting in either. It was their fucking idea in the first place. What kind of compromises were you looking for?
Why do you care if the UK is a laughing stock across the world?

Can't be arsed with wherever it is you're going with this, sorry.
I want to know why you care if the UK is a laughing stock round the world. I thought it might be because eg the UK's actions on the international stage have repercussions as many other countries see the UK as setting an example. So the breaking of international law would weaken other countries' adherence to what were international norms. I didn't expect it would apparently be solely because your foreign friends won't let it lie

I want to know why you care if the UK is a laughing stock round the world. I thought it might be because eg the UK's actions on the international stage have repercussions as many other countries see the UK as setting an example. So the breaking of international law would weaken other countries' adherence to what were international norms. I didn't expect it would apparently be solely because your foreign friends won't let it lie
Read post #800 and kindly stop being so pushy and annoying.

My French friends and acquaintances have been very kind about the whole business. Pointedly kind, in the sort of way you'd imagine people might be if your uncle had got his name in the papers for being caught fondling squirrels in a public park :hmm:
Much like all the Americans I know personally act embarrassed and quickly change the subject when anyone mentions Trump

A list of non-'embarrassing' states wouldn't be very long

The UK won’t be a laughing stock for long. After Scotland and Northern Ireland leave we’ll just be known as K.
this could potentially be one of the big positives of Brexit - the breakup of the union is sure to be a massive crack in the monolith of the english establishment. youd think it would be a prioirty to avoid it for the tories - seemingly not

not sure the truth of it but

would explain a lot

Last edited:
A list of non-'embarrassing' states wouldn't be very long

this could potentially be one of the big positives of Brexit - the breakup of the union is sure to be a massive crack in the monolith of the english establishment. youd think it would be a prioirty to avoid it for the tories - seemingly not

not sure the truth of it but

Absolute cunt. Then again, is there any other kind of Tory?

Back
Top Bottom