Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Thatcher is dead

These are the four top-rated comments on the Mail's website regarding Mark Thatcher's speech today:

"What the hell did her son ever do/achieve to warrant a knighthood?!? Disgusting...."

"why on earth is this spoilt, useless, arms dealing waste of space call sir?

"She died at the Ritz but alone as both her children were hundreds or thousands of miles away. Neither of them felt they needed to live even in the same country as their frail mother, let alone in the same house".

"The son is a crook with a criminal conviction, a lowlife who did his best to use his mothers position to gain. She should have left him in the desert. A man with little integrity and even less personality".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...honoured-humbled-Queens-presence-funeral.html
the answer to 1 is 'Nothing'. he is not a knight, he is a baronet.

it's quite gratifying to think that the Tories can bitch and moan all they like, Thatcher's ultimately going to go down in history and someone whose death prompted celebrations nationwide :D

That alone has cheered my weary spirit more than anything. History always gets whitewashed or distorted but it certainly won't this time no matter how hard the Vermin Party try.

I still prefer the Ancient Rome motif, myself.

If he likes boxing, he'd LOVE the Colosseum.
what's wrong with the auld tarpeian rock?

chucked_off_the_tarpeian_rock.jpg

That conservatives.com tribute page thing.

Posted by someone on here?
Comment by Jim Patton on April 10, 2013 at 11:48 am

I’m a small business owner and Margaret Thatcher allowed me to succeed. Myself and my two loyal employees, Paul and Barry, were able to build our way up from nothing with her government tearing down red tape and being in line with my own business mantra – ‘no slacking’. In Thatcher’s Britain, there WAS no slacking.
The only one of mine that got through was a bit poor.
Comment by Barry Mainwaring on April 10, 2013 at 11:32 am

In life she divided, but in death she has united us. Let’s give her the send off she deserves.

This is a decent one as well.
Comment by Sarah Reeves on April 10, 2013 at 11:36 am

My husband fought in the Falklands and was severely wounded. We will never forget her bravery.
Always remember the words she wrote about the Falklands in her memoirs: “We do not want a single foot of foreign territory; but of our territory we shall not surrender a single inch to anyone.”

Radio 4 PM this evening just: Eddie Mair interviewing Charles Moore (Thatcher biographer, ex-editor of the Torygraph) along with the parliamentary sketch writer Simon Hoggart regarding the session in the commons. See from 16m53s into here on iplayer.

EM: Just finally Charles Moore, you probably don't follow the singles chart any more than I do but what do you make of the prospect of "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead" being in the top five or the top ten come Sunday?
*pause*
CM: Well, erm, er, you know, I've no idea whether that will happen or not, erm, but I think that, er, obviously, your corporation has done quite a lot to encourage this…

etc, etc, *insert usual predictable right wing rant railing against the BBC*

Oh, how I pissed myself laughing…

Radio 4 PM this evening just: Eddie Mair interviewing Charles Moore (Thatcher biographer, ex-editor of the Torygraph) along with the parliamentary sketch writer Simon Hoggart regarding the session in the commons. See from 16m53s into here on iplayer.

EM: Just finally Charles Moore, you probably don't follow the singles chart any more than I do but what do you make of the prospect of "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead" being in the top five or the top ten come Sunday?
*pause*
CM: Well, erm, er, you know, I've no idea whether that will happen or not, erm, but I think that, er, obviously, your corporation has done quite a lot to encourage this…

etc, etc, *insert usual predictable right wing rant railing against the BBC*

Oh, how I pissed myself laughing…
charles-moore-desk_1921450c.jpg

Charles Moore or Lord Snooty as Private Eye call him.....or cunt as I call him...

Bless their dear hearts for allowing a frail old lady to see out her final days at their modest B&B

bbnosir.png

When are those two fucking bastards going to fuck off and die I hope they have a helicopter crash or better still get chucked off their yacht into the sea where they die agonisingly slowly with albatrosses pecking out their eyes and then eating their fetid brains while they still breathe.

Zabo said:
[re Glenda Jackson]Regardless of whether she is perfect or imperfect she had the guts to tell the bastards how it was. Anything that stops the whitewash has to be good. As for the fat bastard Tory - send him back to his Thatcher pigsty. It's to be hoped world media pick this up. Lovely Tory BBC have shown a 1.0 minute clip.

She does a bloody good job of talking over the detractors, where others normally stumble and make some attempt to respond. That in itself is pretty impressive.

Lot to be said for theatrical training and experience, darling! :D

Mind you, when they defenestrated Charles I, at least they had the foresight to arrange a scaffold and executioner handily standing by... :D

defenestration means literally to chuck someone out a window, from the latin fenestra . In Prague they have very high buildings and therefore developed a habit of simply chucking leaders they didnt like out the window to a certain death . They became famous for it .
I know this because on my first visit to Prague I got lost for over 12 hours thanks to the stupidly high buildings on the old town that meant i couldnt see a landmark anywhere , along with my own stupidity of not remembering the name of my hotel before i went for pint on my own and being completely unable to retrace my steps . Some old bloke explained it to me in a pub .

i was completely lost for over 12 hours, on my own . Half 2 in the morning and im still wandering about with nowhere to ask directions to . Was facking scary .

defenestration means literally to chuck someone out a window, from the latin fenestra . In Prague they have very high buildings and therefore developed a habit of simply chucking leaders they didnt like out the window to a certain death . They became famous for it .
I know this because on my first visit to Prague I got lost for over 12 hours thanks to the stupidly high buildings on the old town that meant i couldnt see a landmark anywhere , along with my own stupidity of not remembering the name of my hotel before i went for pint on my own and being completely unable to retrace my steps . Some old bloke explained it to me in a pub .
You should have found an Irish pub

Back
Top Bottom