Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Thatcher is dead

Despite feeling guilty about my celebrations at some points of the day on Wednesday I now reckon they are in some way justified.

I've just read today's El Pais, which mentioned the celebrations in Brixton amongst other places, and I think they're going to make a huge difference to how people remember her passing a century from now. If there had been a more austere reaction from the left, history would have been more likely to record her death as an event of national mourning. It will now be recorded as as a time of national division and those pictures of people dancing in St. George's and Windrush Squares are making an impact on people around the world.

Two months ago a man in a bar in Madrid was watching the TV news whislt sipping his drink. I was stood next to him. Thatcher appeared on the television and I said, "I hate that woman." He replied, "Her people loved her! They called her The Iron Lady!" I doubt he'll be so unequivocal in future.

Maybe as a primitive reaction, it was somewhat gruesome, somewhat out-of-place, maybe it was a strategic error in the short-term. In the long-run, those who have "danced on her grave" as it were, have probably done the right thing.

Totally agree. Don't lose your nerve because of the predictable faux-outrage on the right - if we aren't greeted by a chorus of abuse every time you read the Daily Mail then we're doing something wrong. All that makes them look stupid too y'know. The partying and public cerebration is needed as an antidote to all the Thatcherite propaganda we're being subject too in the media. And your right, history will record that there were spontaneous street demonstrations the day Thatcher died, and that's definitely going to annoy them for the rest of history :D

What's even more perverse is not only did they revel in smashing the working class movement, but they demand piety and mourning from the people they heaped misery on too! It isn't enough that they destroyed entire communities, they expect those communities to be grateful for it. It's abhorrent, much more abhorrent than marking her death with a few drinks with your mates.

524336_361511417287299_17826455_n.jpg

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ma ... ng-1821155

Any youngsters out there can tell me when they broadcast the weekly hit parade on the wireless?

Pity its not some old Tory like Neil 'not a real Dr' Fox having to announce the number one.

I'm not young but I checked and on Radio 1 its still on at 4pm-7pm Sunday.

I'm pretty sure there will also be a different chart show on various commercial radio stations at exactly the same time on Sunday.

I dont totally bank on Thatcher & witch related songs hitting the very top spots but I'm sure they will be featured somewhere, so I will attempt to tune in. Although in this era of internet on demand stuff it wont be essential to listen to it at that particular time.

Regardless of whether she is perfect or imperfect she had the guts to tell the bastards how it was. Anything that stops the whitewash has to be good. As for the fat bastard Tory - send him back to his Thatcher pigsty. It's to be hoped world media pick this up. Lovely Tory BBC have shown a 1.0 minute clip.

Regardless of whether she is perfect or imperfect she had the guts to tell the bastards how it was. Anything that stops the whitewash has to be good. As for the fat bastard Tory - send him back to his Thatcher pigsty. It's to be hoped world media pick this up. Lovely Tory BBC have shown a 1.0 minute clip.
She does a bloody good job of talking over the detractors, where others normally stumble and make some attempt to respond. That in itself is pretty impressive.

Regardless of whether she is perfect or imperfect she had the guts to tell the bastards how it was. Anything that stops the whitewash has to be good. As for the fat bastard Tory - send him back to his Thatcher pigsty.

Fat bastard Tony Baldry, seeking to denounce Glenda, refers to "a person who has been deceased". [My emphasis: paging @Jazzzzzzz!]

And the Chair slaps him down!

it's quite gratifying to think that the Tories can bitch and moan all they like, Thatcher's ultimately going to go down in history as someone whose death prompted celebrations nationwide :D

lovely to see what acting training can do for your delivery :)

Fat bastard Tony Baldry, seeking to denounce Glenda, refers to "a person who has been deceased". [My emphasis: paging @Jazzzzzzz!]

And the Chair slaps him down!

Baldry? Is the twat still at the forefront of the 'ban boxing' fraternity as well?

Baldry? Is the twat still at the forefront of the 'ban boxing' fraternity as well?
i've never been a great boxer myself, but seeing him there made me want to take up the sport and have him as a sparring partner.

if it's a sharp learning curve for me, he - being opposed to the sport - would have i think more to learn in less time.

in that case he should start some exercise. perhaps running round a ring in circles.

Possibly with one end of his entrails nailed to a tree until he eviscerates himself and collapses in a hideous mass of his own gore and puffed up self importance.

Justice, Ancient Rome-style...

These are the four top-rated comments on the Mail's website regarding Mark Thatcher's speech today:

"What the hell did her son ever do/achieve to warrant a knighthood?!? Disgusting...."

"why on earth is this spoilt, useless, arms dealing waste of space call sir?

"She died at the Ritz but alone as both her children were hundreds or thousands of miles away. Neither of them felt they needed to live even in the same country as their frail mother, let alone in the same house".

"The son is a crook with a criminal conviction, a lowlife who did his best to use his mothers position to gain. She should have left him in the desert. A man with little integrity and even less personality".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...honoured-humbled-Queens-presence-funeral.html

Possibly with one end of his entrails nailed to a tree until he eviscerates himself and collapses in a hideous mass of his own gore and puffed up self importance.

Justice, Ancient Rome-style...
no, i don't think i'd like to be chasing someone round a boxing ring as his guts unravel. it wouldn't be good for my health and safety among other things.

Back
Top Bottom