Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

T20 Cricket World Cup

Blimey! USA cruising vs Pakistan. Pakistan being, well, Pakistan.

Worth noting though that Pakistan have spent all their time in the USA indoors because of rain. And they had to spend a whole night in an airport for some reason.

Anyway, super over.

7 wides :facepalm:

Re the rain, it's rainy season in the Caribbean. It's a massive risk having the tournament there this time of year. It normally rains every day in Trinidad and Guyana in June.

Scotland win to go to three points. This table all of a sudden looks very dangerous for England. Beat Aus next up and all is well, but lose that match and it starts looking dicey. Better hope there isn't too much more rain around.

Canada win. Ireland are basically out already.

Trivia question, probably a bit easy for here: where was the first international cricket match held, and which two countries contested it?
(This might have been the first ever sporting international match ever held.)

No googling.

Canada win. Ireland are basically out already.

Trivia question, probably a bit easy for here: where was the first international cricket match held, and which two countries contested it?
(This might have been the first ever sporting international match ever held.)

No googling.
Canada v USA in New York?

I wouldn't have known but I'm sure a lot of the commentary about the tournament being held in the US has mentioned this.

So England v Australia later. Bit of a must win for England.

I'd like to think they could do it, I was impressed by their performances against Pakistan but Pakistan aren't Australia and I just can't see England doing it.

Not sure why and I hope I'm wrong and it's just me but between this and Euro 2024 I'm getting a sense of disappointment and defeat where England is concerned!!

Looking forward to Eng v Aus, but otherwise its not been a great tournament. Some low scoring and not just when it's been an elite team v a weak one.

Looking forward to Eng v Aus, but otherwise its not been a great tournament. Some low scoring and not just when it's been an elite team v a weak one.

Two things to blame there. The unrealistic expectations fuelled by the IPL's ridiculous roads and short boundaries. And, in New York at least, the appalling quality of the drop-in pitches and the outfield.

No idea what NZ's excuse was in Guyana for only scoring 75.

If they were batting first, you'd say 93-2 at half way was quite good. Still in it, but losing Buttler's a blow.

Impressed by Archer's bowling earlier. First time I've seen him since he came back and he looks as good as ever.

Two things to blame there. The unrealistic expectations fuelled by the IPL's ridiculous roads and short boundaries. And, in New York at least, the appalling quality of the drop-in pitches and the outfield.

No idea what NZ's excuse was in Guyana for only scoring 75.

For some reason they left out one of the best young players in the world in Rachin Ravindra. And put Conway in as keeper who proceeded to drop everything.

After five overs, Aus were 0-70! ;)

It's worrying that England were outplayed without playing that badly. Questionable tactics in the first five overs of the match, which to their credit they put right, but it was already too late.

Will India Vs Pakistan be The Game Of The Tournament?

Or a bit of a damp squib?

Back
Top Bottom