Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

SWP expulsions and squabbles

I'm really glad that the JWs now recruit through city centres stalls. When they used to knock on doors I was sure they kept coming back to my house more than the neighbours'. I eventually realised it was probably due to my always being fairly polite and respectful even as I edged the door closed on them, as some of them at least came across as having suffered a lot in life. It got that way, for a time, that I was always dashing upstairs to peer from behind the front bedroom curtains before I'd answer a knock on the door.

In contrast to these types, those who stand at their city-centre stalls usually appear self-assured, and well-dressed in a conservative-cultish way

JWs still knock on doors round here. North London.
We had the JWs come to the door in Canada once. My mum just said "look, we're Irish" (this was the 1970s) - to which the JW lady said, "oh, you won't be wanting a new religion, then."

They still occasionally come to my house. Someone from my synagogue said I should debate with them and that pissed me off because one, I have no interest in debating with them and I don't know my theology that well, and two, they'll think I'm a potential convert.

They still occasionally come to my house. Someone from my synagogue said I should debate with them and that pissed me off because one, I have no interest in debating with them and I don't know my theology that well, and two, they'll think I'm a potential convert.
I used to try debating them, and the Mormons - it never bloody works, they'll just think "we've got a live one here".

Has there been a change in the composition of the Central Committee making it possible to discuss the issue publicly? Or is this just the political equivalent of a deluxe anniversary box set of one of their 'albums' to keep the brand alive? Or would that be too cynical even about swappies?

I note the statement refers to ''decisions made by the SWP in 2013". The Martin Smith affair began in 2010 and the decisions about how to 'handle' it took place over the next couple of years. 2013 was when the 'launch' of the disputes committee report was mishandled leading to mass resignations. Is that mishandling of the outcome what they are really apologising for? Are the failures listed in the statement merely the "good reason" for issuing it rather than the "real reason"?
All good questions: and notice Smith isnt even named

Counterfire is busy splitting over its awful take on trans stuff (essentially agreeing wholeheartedly with the CPB). Not seen any mention of it in RS21, but chances of a merger and slightly lower than those for Sunak winning a majority in the next election.
That is interesting re Counterfire: any sources?

Don't some people/transexuals/transvestites identify as Ladyboys?
E.G. Kathleen Riot (previously. dead name D.I.Y Steve)

Yeah I have been going through a bit of a transition recently politically and spiritually!
I'm now pretty active in and a member of Workers Party Of Great Britain.
I don't necessarily see myself on the British Left anymore and can't in all honesty claim to be Anarchist for decades!
Or have you just been redirected there? 😉

I used to try debating them, and the Mormons - it never bloody works, they'll just think "we've got a live one here".
If the the Mormons think you have an interests, they are likely to invite you around for massive feasts.
Few years ago I was on the bus and behind me two blonde blue eyed young men were speaking, what to my ear sounded like fluent Chinese.

They invited myself and girlfriend around to their paternal overseer for what was basicially a banquet that they all had as shared meal; obviously the women di all the cooking and cleaning up.
Did this several times until they got around to attempting to convert us, although we did go to their services a couple of times to be polite, where we also got fed and given umpteen teas and coffees!

Pretty sure if you pushed it you could scam money off of them if you pushed and tried hard enough.

If the the Mormons think you have an interests, they are likely to invite you around for massive feasts.
Few years ago I was on the bus and behind me two blonde blue eyed young men were speaking, what to my ear sounded like fluent Chinese.

They invited myself and girlfriend around to their paternal overseer for what was basicially a banquet that they all had as shared meal; obviously the women di all the cooking and cleaning up.
Did this several times until they got around to attempting to convert us, although we did go to their services a couple of times to be polite, where we also got fed and given umpteen teas and coffees!

Pretty sure if you pushed it you could scam money off of them if you pushed and tried hard enough.
Mormons don’t drink tea or coffee unless you’re talking about another sect.

I don't know. I quite like a bit of biblical debate, so if I have time will always have a little chat, but it's been at least a couple of years since they last visited me.

The last time I had them on the doorstep for a good 40 minutes. Firstly trying to persuade them to help me drag my lad out into the street, so we could stone him to death for being a bit chopsy. I had to dig out my bible and crack open Leviticus as they didn't think the bible would say that sort of thing. They clearly didn't have the courage of their convictions and my lad got bored and got himself stoned instead.

I then moved on to trying to get them to embrace Satan, as he's a much kinder biblical character. Only does a bit of gentle tempting and bringing of the light, where as Yahweh is a straight up cunt right the way through the OT.

You could see the relief in their eyes when my scaffolders turned up. Never been back since :(

'Comrade Delta' appears to be working for Searchlies.
If this is the case then the likes of P.S. W.B. and others in the SWP and full timers for SUTR/UAF keep some kind of close proximity and even do political work with him and his associates.

Mormons don’t drink tea or coffee unless you’re talking about another sect.
Mormons are Church Of Latter Day Saints?
If so could have been decaffinated, not sure.
Mind you it wasn't the best tea or coffee.
Maybe they only gave it to guests?

Last edited:
In my 20s, a friend and I once invited in some mormons/JWs/elim pentecostals (can't remember the sect). So I played them the tracks Stand Up For Judas and Abbeizer Coppe from Leon Rosselson/Roy Bailey's Love, Loneliness and Laundry album. At some point half way through one of the songs, they abruptly stood up, made their excuses and left.

I told my mate that they couldn't handle the "blaspemy". He pointed out that as I was still in a dressing gown and the record player was on the carpet, when I'd bent down to sort out the record, I'd accidentally exposed my hairy bollocks to the god botherers :eek:

Funnily enough they never came back.

I must say that I am pleased that we have discovered the Former Anarchists for Galloway tendency.
TBH
I would have thought that the direction that some leading members of, 'what was' IWCA would have found a home in Workers Party Of (Great) Britain?
For example being sympathetic towards some Spiked journalists, Christopher Hitchens, crtitical of mass immigration and multiculturalism.
Slogans such as, 'For The Working Class Whether Left Or Right.' etc.

In my 20s, a friend and I once invited in some mormons/JWs/elim pentecostals (can't remember the sect). So I played them the tracks Stand Up For Judas and Abbeizer Coppe from Leon Rosselson/Roy Bailey's Love, Loneliness and Laundry album. At some point half way through one of the songs, they abruptly stood up, made their excuses and left.

I told my mate that they couldn't handle the "blaspemy". He pointed out that as I was still in a dressing gown and the record player was on the carpet, when I'd bent down to sort out the record, I'd accidentally exposed my hairy bollocks to the god botherers :eek:

Funnily enough they never came back.
Genuine and very loud LOL! Mary came to see what I was laughing at, so that is LOL! x 2. :D

TBH
I would have thought that the direction that some leading members of, 'what was' IWCA would have found a home in Workers Party Of (Great) Britain?
For example being sympathetic towards some Spiked journalists, Christopher Hitchens, crtitical of mass immigration and multiculturalism.
Slogans such as, 'For The Working Class Whether Left Or Right.' etc.
Say what? 🤣

(And where did you get that slogan from?!)

There is definitely something quite intriguing about the Russian Orthodox Former Anarchists for Galloway sub-tendency. I wonder how things would've turned out if that person from Bristol Class War had converted to the Greek church instead?

The sort who would have had no compunction about having Brenda put up against a wall and shot and subsequently demand that she be made St. Elizabeth of the Celestial Corgis.

Back
Top Bottom