Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Star Wars discussion thread, Jar Jar, to Jedis.

As this thread is already up, an unrelated thought: paying much attention to plot holes in sci-fi escapism space opera films is a rabbit hole not really worth going too deep into, But since we all do, and the Death Star’s weakness and existence of the convenient exhaust port used to be everyone’s go-to quotable plot hole for decades until Rogue One came along, arguably a much bigger one, or at least extremely lazy writing, is the fact that the Stormtroopers who boarded Leia’s ship concluded the Death Star’s plans weren’t hidden somewhere in the ship in a couple of hours at most.

Something the size of a floppy disk could have been hidden in hundreds of thousands of different crevices, ventilation pipes, storage boxes, panels and other spaces across such a ship. It would have taken many weeks at least for the Empire to find a well-hidden small disk, or alternatively check every last corner to confidently rule out the plans were no longer on board.

There. I got it out of my system.

As this thread is already up, an unrelated thought: paying much attention to plot holes in sci-fi escapism space opera films is a rabbit hole not really worth going too deep into, But since we all do, and the Death Star’s weakness and existence of the convenient exhaust port used to be everyone’s go-to quotable plot hole for decades until Rogue One came along, arguably a much bigger one, or at least extremely lazy writing, is the fact that the Stormtroopers who boarded Leia’s ship concluded the Death Star’s plans weren’t hidden somewhere in the ship in a couple of hours at most.

Something the size of a floppy disk could have been hidden in hundreds of thousands of different crevices, ventilation pipes, storage boxes, panels and other spaces across such a ship. It would have taken many weeks at least for the Empire to find a well-hidden small disk, or alternatively check every last corner to confidently rule out the plans were no longer on board.

There. I got it out of my system.
They were right though, the plans weren't on board.

It would have been one hell of a film if they’d showed us three days’ worth of the stormtroopers tearing the ship apart until they found those plans before deciding there were actually no plans, in spite of the princess being part of the rebel alliance and a traitor, take her away.
A ten-episode HBO series, though…

Luke Skywalker gets presented as a hero and yet he killed millions of people.....
Indeed.

Die a hero or live long enough to become the Joker

Or a bounty hunter

markhamill+slipstream.jpg

This is quite clever, and unlike a lot of fan made stuff, doesn't consist of scenes that go on a bit too long. Even the product flogging bit is amusing.

Back
Top Bottom