Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Acolyte: A Star Wars Product

Shame the worst actor in the series (green bald woman) is going to lead the next series, if there is one.

There was no pay off for the Acolyte. It feels less like season one has finished than it has taken an extended pause. Maybe when it returns it can be redeemed

Pretty poor show, annoyingly it looks like a second series would be good. They aren't going to make a series two.

So maybe I'm reading to much into this.

But does anyone else feel it is rather off that the former personal assistant to Harvey Weinstrien had mad a TV show that seems to revolve around men in positions of power being rather creppy to young women/girls?

Last edited:
So maybe I'm reading to much into this.

But does anyone else feel it is rather off that the former personal assistant to Harvey Weinstrien had mad a TV show that seems to revolve around men in positions of power being rather creppy to you women/girls?

Yes, it crossed my mind twice.

Watched the last 3 episodes tonite and we enjoyed it. Fail to see what was "woke" about it and the fandom menace review bombing is pathetic.

Looking forward to a season 2, may need to tighten up the writing but otherwise, great fun and choreography. Plus Darth Plagueis! Yay!

Watched the last 3 episodes tonite and we enjoyed it. Fail to see what was "woke" about it and the fandom menace review bombing is pathetic.
[/ISPOILER]
I didn't rate it, but much of the reaction is fucking nuts.

And something I have never understood is people being angry when they don't like something for any reason. You didn't like it? Oh well just don't watch it again and move on to something else.

Last edited:
I didn't rate it, but much of the reaction is fucking nuts.

And something I have never understood is people being angry when they don't like something for any reason. You didn't like it? Oh well just don't whatch it again and move on to something else.
Obviously, there's viewers with valid criticisms to be made.

But a large chunk of the online chatter is terrifying. And it's deliberate. Targeting much loved cultural phenomena and some of it being quite blatant. It's not all bots/AI generated accounts, either.

But a large chunk of the online chatter is terrifying. And it's deliberate. Targeting much loved cultural phenomena and some of it being quite blatant. It's not all bots/AI generated accounts, either.

If the Star Wars fanbase love something they'd drown out the trolls; They're not drowning out the trolls. No one seems to be rushing to defend or even suggest The Acolyte is worth high praise.

The haters are one thing, but where are the lovers? Sat in a corner asking why they should defend something that isn't all that good?

I really do enjoy Star Wars, from the films and shows (mostly!), the video games and the books amongst other ephemera. That said, the fanbase around Star Wars can be toxic as hell.
Most online fanbases exhibit toxic habits. For instance, during the release of the Captain Marvel film, numerous people produced lengthy complaint videos on YouTube.

It's not even about star wars, it's culture war shit. Iirc disney is on the alt right shit list because they and florida's governor (ron de wotsit) had a row about anti-lgbt laws in the state.
So the right are obsessed with disney being "woke" and look for "proof" of that in every disney show.

Ultimately I don’t give much of a fuck either way, but I had never given any thought to the colour of lightsabers, and assumed it was a personal preference selected by its owner regardless of which side of the Force they pitched for. So I was intrigued by the colour change to red of her lightsaber as she started to turn before our eyes. I am sure I remember seeing non-red sabers owned by Sith folk?

it called bleeding a crystal .. she did it unintentionally whilst pouring out her grief anger hate from sol betrayal..

most sith did not go thru the hassle as it was unsuccessful in most cases broke or resist the act of doing so

Ultimately I don’t give much of a fuck either way, but I had never given any thought to the colour of lightsabers, and assumed it was a personal preference selected by its owner regardless of which side of the Force they pitched for. So I was intrigued by the colour change to red of her lightsaber as she started to turn before our eyes. I am
sure I remember seeing non-red sabers owned by Sith folk?
So I could be wrong but I seem to remember something like in the pre-Disney period Sith tended to have red ones as they made artificial crystals. When Disney took over they decided it was something they did to the crystals when going dark side. I don't like it personally, and Anakin's should have gone red when he was killing women and children.

Ultimately I don’t give much of a fuck either way, but I had never given any thought to the colour of lightsabers, and assumed it was a personal preference selected by its owner regardless of which side of the Force they pitched for. So I was intrigued by the colour change to red of her lightsaber as she started to turn before our eyes. I am sure I remember seeing non-red sabers owned by Sith folk?

Maybe it depends on her unique origins, her particular powers and midichlorian count

Originally jedi had blue or green lightsabres and sith had red ones under lucas's rules until samuel l jackson wanted a purple one and lucas gave in to him...

So I could be wrong but I seem to remember something like in the pre-Disney period Sith tended to have red ones as they made artificial crystals. When Disney took over they decided it was something they did to the crystals when going dark side. I don't like it personally, and Anakin's should have gone red when he was killing women and children.
Yeah, good point and one that will probably piss of the many millions of SW fans that care about canon consistency more than I.

Also, IIRC Kylo Ren’s lightsaber in The Force Awakens produces a rough, un-smooth blade because it is rather hard for even those already strong with the Force to make a perfect one the first time around. Yet this guy has a telescopic, multiple device complex model that most other Sith could only dream of. And generations earlier for good measure.

he managed to break the crystal whilst bleeding it

mean he had to go back generations to a cross guard hilt to deal with it rather uneven energy outbursts if you go by canon

Originally jedi had blue or green lightsabres and sith had red ones under lucas's rules until samuel l jackson wanted a purple one and lucas gave in to him...

I was thinking earlier about Jackson’s one. And for what it’s worth, if Lucas himself was prepared to play fast and loose with any preconceived canon on the subject, I guess we can’t put much blame on any subsequent infringements by other writers.

Yeah, good point and one that will probably piss of the many millions of SW fans that care about canon consistency more than I.

Also, IIRC Kylo Ren’s lightsaber in The Force Awakens produces a rough, un-smooth blade because it is rather hard for even those already strong with the Force to make a perfect one the first time around. Yet this guy has a telescopic, multiple device complex model that most other Sith could only dream of. And generations earlier for good measure.
Some of our earlier "civilizations" were often more "advanced" than what came later. Maybe it was a time of innovation and invention?

Back
Top Bottom