Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Acolyte: A Star Wars Product

Some of our earlier "civilizations" were often more "advanced" than what came later. Maybe it was a time of innovation and invention?
Yeah that’s true. Having said that, one of my many problems with the prequel trilogy is the introduction of advanced weapon technology such as these shield-protected battle droids seen in the Phantom Menace, clearly because of Lucas’s obsession with taking advantage of new visual effect technology to enhance his finished works, or illogically introduce advanced tech into a bloody prequel :mad:

IMG_6096.jpeg

They are all but invulnerable to enemy infantry firepower, as well as firing at a much higher rate than an equivalent Stormtrooper- not to mention much more accurately. Basically, Luke, Hand and Leía would have lasted 0.17 seconds if they had faced one of these on the Death Star. Or in Lando’s city in the clouds. And they would have dispatched those rock-hurling teddy bears on Endor faster than it takes to make a cup of tea..

But somehow they have been discontinued by the Imperial forces in the 30-odd years that elapsed between the prequels and A New Hope. Which frankly feels akin to a modern army deciding to ditch tanks and assault rifles in favour of horses and muskets for their ground troops.

Yeah that’s true. Having said that, one of my many problems with the prequel trilogy is the introduction of advanced weapon technology such as these shield-protected battle droids seen in the Phantom Menace, clearly because of Lucas’s obsession with taking advantage of new visual effect technology to enhance his finished works, or illogically introduce advanced tech into a bloody prequel :mad:

View attachment 433915

They are all but invulnerable to enemy infantry firepower, as well as firing at a much higher rate than an equivalent Stormtrooper- not to mention much more accurately. Basically, Luke, Hand and Leía would have lasted 0.17 seconds if they had faced one of these on the Death Star. Or in Lando’s city in the clouds. And they would have dispatched those rock-hurling teddy bears on Endor faster than it takes to make a cup of tea..

But somehow they have been discontinued by the Imperial forces in the 30-odd years that elapsed between the prequels and A New Hope. Which frankly feels akin to a modern army deciding to ditch tanks and assault rifles in favour of horses and muskets for their ground troops.
Maybe they were later found to be problematic like Concorde, asbestos or thalidomide?

View attachment 433915

the prequels arent cannon.
and nor are the three disney ones :thumbs:

The latest Planet of the Apes film cost £20mill less to make than The Acolyte, and while not as strong as the previous three still manages to build a rich and exciting world with great characters and action, while also scattering fan serving easter eggs in a subtle way that shows the makers understood their source material; which is how it should be done.

I think the PotA franchise might be the best ongoing series of our times. I'm looking forward to the next film.

The latest Planet of the Apes film cost £20mill less to make than The Acolyte, and while not as strong as the previous three still manages to build a rich and exciting world with great characters and action, while also scattering fan serving easter eggs in a subtle way that shows the makers understood their source material; which is how it should be done.

I think the PotA franchise might be the best ongoing series of our times. I'm looking forward to the next film.
Ive heard they are good the new ones but Please God Give Us New SciFi

Back
Top Bottom