Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Andor (Star Wars)

Season two, the last one that will ever be made of Andor, will bring us for the first time (not counting animation or graphic novels) an account the early years of the Rebel Alliance leading up to Rogue One and A New Hope. Bring it on!

Also looking forward to Andor capturing and reprogramming K—2SO into the highly cynical droid we all love :)

As always, a loyal and long-serving lower rank working class officer being made to be the fall guy for his privileged higher rank superiors’ mistakes, no doubt.

On the plus side, he was great in that Devil's Hour thriller recently.

Also looking fwd to seeing Daniel Mays character returning, surely?

Finally got around to watching this after hearing only good things (in comparison to the Obi Wan and Boba Fett shows). Definitely lived up to the hype - I liked that we got to see the human face of Empire bureaucracy, all the petty jostling for influence and small slices of power. Hope I can still remember any of it by the time Season 2 comes out this time next year.

I finally finished this.
It is probably the best most coherent star wars TV show, but it still kind of misses the mark. Two good stories within it, the heist and the prison. . . I felt one or two tense moments in each where I thought "now we are getting somewhere". I was engaged and looked forward to the next ep. This quickly passed, with fairly humdrum resolutions for both set ups. Took a massive nosedive at the end.

Some great ideas, almost good, falls a bit short. Mostly frustrating because the constraints of quality still feel like they could be studio meddling. It's also hard to give two tits about the character Andor, who was already completely forgettable despite being the star of his own feature.

It's also hard to give two tits about the character Andor, who was already completely forgettable despite being the star of his own feature.

This seems to be a Disney trait of late; making the titular character the least interesting.

We even know exactly how this one ends up.

This seems to be a Disney trait of late; making the titular character the least interesting.

We even know exactly how this one ends up.
. . . and as I recall, the more they build him up the more they undermine how it is supposed to unfold in the near future.

Back
Top Bottom