Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Star Wars discussion thread, Jar Jar, to Jedis.

Doubledown

Banned
Banned
Overspill thread so as not to block up the funny pictures. For any questions comments or thoughts about the Star Wars universe.

Personally I have many questions about the force basically about how it works. Such is can anyone develop their ability in the force or is it purely hereditary. And by what mechanism is it working in those chosen people.

I remember in one of the prequel trilogy films Qui-gon Jin (spelling?) did a blood test of the young Anakin Skywalker and found a high "midichlorian" count, indicative of powerful Force capability. Although that doesn't indicate whether midichlorians are causative, or whether they are just a symptom of Force capabilities.

I remember in one of the prequel trilogy films Qui-gon Jin (spelling?) did a blood test of the young Anakin Skywalker and found a high "midichlorian" count, indicative of powerful Force capability. Although that doesn't indicate whether midichlorians are causative, or whether they are just a symptom of Force capabilities.

Midichlorians are (apparently) symbiotic microorganisms not unlike mitochondria, which are real things and which presumably inspired the name. Just as mitochondria give us access to the magical powers of adenosine triphosphate, midichlorians give beings access to the force. The more you have the more, um, forceful you can be.

Mitochondria are heritable, but only via the female line. If Luke managed to inherit his dad's midichlorians we must assume that they are not intracellular organisms, but rather something more akin to bacteria.

Midichlorians are (apparently) symbiotic microorganisms not unlike mitochondria, which are real things and which presumably inspired the name. Just as mitochondria give us access to the magical powers of adenosine triphosphate, midichlorians give beings access to the force. The more you have the more, um, forceful you can be.

Mitochondria are heritable, but only via the female line. If Luke managed to inherit his dad's midichlorians we must assume that they are not intracellular organisms, but rather something more akin to bacteria.

My understanding is that Anakin (later Vader) was born of a virgin. So the midichlorians Luke inherited were his mother's.

I thought the Jar Jar as master of the dark side had real merit.

Yes you are quite right, I have found this clip which sheds light.

Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis The Wise? I thought not. It’s not a story the Jedi would tell you. It’s a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life… He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying. The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful… the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. Ironic. He could save others from death, but not himself.

Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis The Wise? I thought not. It’s not a story the Jedi would tell you. It’s a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life… He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying. The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful… the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. Ironic. He could save others from death, but not himself.
Completely fictional tale invented to manipulate a naive subject with a promise of unachievable magical powers. A trick learnt from the Sith Master L Ron Hubbard.

this is current fan contender for snoke

Star Wars Rebels will end after 'Season 4'. For me this is not unwelcome news as my interest in this has been largely about Ahsoka (a character with huge potential yet to be realised). Thrawn's involvement and introduction has been short-sighted and not fully developed - especially with a view to the films.

In other news a video game has been introduced as 'canon'. Yup.

Rant. Over.

Edit: Correction by DC

Last edited:
canon

Thrawn has been excellent in rebels imo. That nice mix of soft spoken intellect- nay insight then the ferocity he displays. Reminds me of Uther Doul from Meivilles The Scar

canon

Thrawn has been excellent in rebels imo. That nice mix of soft spoken intellect- nay insight then the ferocity he displays. Reminds me of Uther Doul from Meivilles The Scar

Canon. Noted (thank you).

Thrawn was a great introduction by Zahn - not sure he has been developed sufficiently well. Sigh.

teek1s2go6sy.jpg

this is current fan contender for snoke
I seem to recall hearing that Disney (so fact, obviously) have said Snoke is an original character.

Which, if true, is a bit disappointing.

I fully expect him to be Palpatine, all mangled from falling into the engine.

Back
Top Bottom