Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Russell Brand on Revolution

yep, youre right about that! i think he has made up for it now though, he is trying hard to be a good man. He has changed. That's what is exciting about the whole Russell Brand 'story' - he was lost and now is found - the greatest cliche of words, imaginable, has happened to a once egotistical, hopeless and hapless addict. I find that refreshing. And he is a force for good. Another thing, you think the Rubberbandits would get mixed up with someone transparent? get to fuck! :D
i wonder when you're going to be found and if you'll no longer be an addict, egotistical, hopeless, hapless or otherwise.

But what do you think about the specific things butchersapron has mentioned about his book and/or many of the other specific criticisms of his actions etc which people have pointed out?

i havent seen those posts, will have a look at them, maybe. Butchers probably made up his mind about Russell before he read the book though. I also doubt he would be moved or even convinced in any way. Butchers is like a paid critic

Do you think someone who comes out with these various things mentioned and who you concede can be a conspiraloon should be treated with reverence (your word, post 1648), or do you think that he is a valid target for criticism?

I think he can be a conspiraloon but should be generally regarded as a national treasure. He is, shall we say, 'evolving' in his politics but an exciting voice of today's disaffected. We desperately need people like him being mouthy as there aint no one in music bothered anymore (and i mean really bothered...)

yep, youre right about that! i think he has made up for it now though, he is trying hard to be a good man. He has changed. That's what is exciting about the whole Russell Brand 'story' - he was lost and now is found - the greatest cliche of words, imaginable, has happened to a once egotistical, hopeless and hapless addict. I find that refreshing. And he is a force for good. Another thing, you think the Rubberbandits would get mixed up with someone transparent? get to fuck! :D

You may say I'm a redeemer. But I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us. And the world will be as one.

'ill never do it again'

My god, you're not even reading the thread never mind the book. Yes i've read it and i'm not all convinced that you have considering you've mentioned him talking about the rapist hoax call when i don't remember it even appearing in the book.

i havent read all the thread butchers. You do it for us. What did you think of his section on his drug addiction and searching for the 'God' factor?

you dont know much about Russell Brand. I mean, no offence, but you seem very judgmental too, dismissive and ill informed.
oh - and despite all your knowledge of him you knew nothing of his prank call to the rape line. which makes me think you're lying about lessons from that sorry event being in his magnum opus.

oh - and despite all your knowledge of him you knew nothing of his prank call to the rape line. which makes me think you're lying about lessons from that sorry event being in his magnum opus.

i dont read the Daily Mail. that was from 6 years ago enit. I got interested in what he has to say around 2009.

you havent read the book and are just sat there bored. Dont slag something off till you know what yer on about
as i say in my post 1698 you knew nothing of the call to the rape line. nothing. nada. fuck all. so don't sit there you ignoramus and pontificate solely on the basis of the case for the defence.

I would have thought that after Maiden Square, most people who are politically minded would be concerned about getting in bed with conspiraloons and neo facists, particularly if you were espousing peaceful revolution.
People whose worldview and manifesto wasn't shaped by the 12 point program and NLP that is.

i havent read all the thread butchers. You do it for us. What did you think of his section on his drug addiction and searching for the 'God' factor?
He doesn't mention the god factor - he mentions the x factor numerous times though. You've not read it. As i suspected as soon as you said you have. You've read one of his other books and are trying to blag it.

i havent seen those posts, will have a look at them, maybe. Butchers probably made up his mind about Russell before he read the book though. I also doubt he would be moved or even convinced in any way. Butchers is like a paid critic

I think he can be a conspiraloon but should be generally regarded as a national treasure. He is, shall we say, 'evolving' in his politics but an exciting voice of today's disaffected. We desperately need people like him being mouthy as there aint no one in music bothered anymore (and i mean really bothered...)

Oh dearie, dearie me...

Have you actually read the thread you're commenting on? The stuff I'm referring to was in the quote from butchers in the post where I tagged you and which you responded to.

And you've got the front to berate people for not reading Brand's book, and to accuse butchers of having made up his mind before he read it - you are repeatedly refusing to address any substantive issue, and resorting to vacuous guff about "national treasure", both pretty indicative of someone who has utterly made up their mind and nothing no-one says is going to change it one little bit.

Brand is a bit of a tosser, IMO, but even he really doesn't deserve acolytes as idiotic and cringemaking as you

*insert puking emoticon here*

Oh dearie, dearie me...

Have you actually read the thread you're commenting on? The stuff I'm referring to was in the quote from butchers in the post where I tagged you and which you responded to.

And you've got the front to berate people for not reading Brand's book, and to accuse butchers of having made up his mind before he read it - you are repeatedly refusing to address any substantive issue, and resorting to vacuous guff about "national treasure", both pretty indicative of someone who has utterly made up their mind and nothing no-one says is going to change it one little bit.

Brand is a bit of a tosser, IMO, but even he really doesn't deserve acolytes as idiotic and cringemaking as you

*insert puking emoticon here*
doherty doesn't deserve such feeble support either.

My god, you're not even reading the thread never mind the book. Yes i've read it and i'm not all convinced that you have considering you've mentioned him talking about the rapist hoax call in the book when i don't remember it even appearing in it at all.

To be fair butchers I think she went and looked it up when it was mentioned on here. And dismissive and judgemental Cheesypoof? When it comes to egotistical celebrity conspiraloons yes I am. Also I haven't actually said that he is a charlatan etc, I suggest you go back and read what I have said because just a few pages ago I was saying that Michael moore books helped me get interested in politics. I am actually think of buying brands book for that reason, to see what is actually said in it.

To be fair butchers I think she went and looked it up when it was mentioned on here. And dismissive and judgemental? When it comes to egotistical celebrity conspiraloons yes I am. Also I haven't actually said that he is a charlatan etc, I suggest you go back and read what I have said because just a few pages ago I was saying that Michael moore books helped me get interested in politics. I am actually think of buying brands book for that reason, to see what is actually said in it.
for god's sake wait till the new year

Back
Top Bottom