Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Russell Brand on Revolution

Oh jesus fucking christ, you are so shitting dead set against arguing with me every time I post that you don't even understand that I am 90% agreeing with you.
Why do you do this red-rage thing every time? It's ok for me to disagree with you on 10%.

Let's be clear here - brand is entering these pre-exisitng things as a celeb, as someone who will go on the tv with his arm around young girls, who will steal their air-time, who will take the words (and they've been brilliant words) out of their mouth and he is someone who takes it away from them. From a rooted spreading campaign that recognises where it's strengths lie - that is, in what it shares in common with people across the capital and the country and the recognition that we change things when we act together rather than elites imposing as they like - back to giving power to a celeb elite, back to the image, back to the media, tjhe same media that these clowns thinks directs and controls the victims. What a disgusting tawdry lash-up.

Nail on the head.

Why do you do this red-rage thing every time? It's ok for me to disagree with you on 10%.

LOL you read it how you want, it's not red-rage - I'm just having a pleasant morning on the internet and having a debate. Glad to know that you think people who disagree with you are having some sort of anger issue though. Bit weird.

LOL you read it how you want, it's not red-rage - I'm just having a pleasant morning on the internet and having a debate. Glad to know that you think people who disagree with you are having some sort of anger issue though. Bit weird.
Dead dead calm again aren't you. I envy you your calm.

Dead dead calm again aren't you. I envy you your calm.

Look, just admit that you hate it that I mostly stick to suburban and don't often stick my head into the politics forum - and whenever I do, you like to stamp on me full force. The fact I don't come here often doesn't mean I'm apolitical, it means I can't be bothered with this sort of argumentative shite that changes nothing. Yes, compared to you, I am the epitome of calm.

Look, just admit that you hate it that I mostly stick to suburban and don't often stick my head into the politics forum - and whenever I do, you like to stamp on me full force. The fact I don't come here often doesn't mean I'm apolitical, it means I can't be bothered with this sort of argumentative shite that changes nothing. Yes, compared to you, I am the epitome of calm.
I admit it. I "hate it that I mostly stick to suburban". Drives me potty it does. I pace the room for hours on end trying to entice you into different forums rather than barely even knowing who you are apart form that odd person who appears in a rage attacking me every so often.

I admit it. I "hate it that I mostly stick to suburban". Drives me potty it does. I pace the room for hours on end trying to entice you into different forums rather than barely even knowing who you are apart form that odd person who appears in a rage attacking me every so often.

Says the person who responds angrily to every post I ever make in the politics forum. You're just being ridiculous at this point. If anyone is appearing in a rage attacking someone, it is the other way around. Not that it really bothers me, you are wasting your breath, and I am sitting here smiling.

Says the person who responds angrily to every post I ever make in the politics forum. You're just being ridiculous at this point. If anyone is appearing in a rage attacking someone, it is the other way around. Not that it really bothers me, you are wasting your breath, and I am sitting here smiling.
Apart from me reacting angrily to a single post you've made on this thread or as far as i can remember - ever anywhere.

Apart from me reacting angrily to a single post you've made on this thread or as far as i can remember - ever anywhere.

Every post I've ever made in politics forum, you pop your head up and started some sort of row with me.
You couldn't have made your territory more clear if you'd pissed all over it like a tomcat.

i think you need to check the record. You've form for this remember.

I've form for what? Posting on the politics forum without prior permission? Form for being followed around forums by you having a go at me? Disagreeing about a film and being hounded by you about it? (Good example to pick btw, it shows how "well balanced" you are). You just don't like me because I argue back.

I've form for what? Posting on the politics forum without prior permission? Form for being followed around forums by you having a go at me? Disagreeing about a film and being hounded by you about it? (Good example to pick btw, it shows how "well balanced" you are). You just don't like me because I argue back.
Form for doing this going mental over nothing and starting fight then accusing me of starting a fight with you and some nonsense about a politics forum. It's really odd behaviour. I've other examples.

Form for doing this going mental over nothing and starting fight then accusing me of starting a fight with you and some nonsense about a politics forum. It's really odd behaviour. I've other examples.

Because you DO always start a fight with me. Every fucking time I go into politics forum. I can't post here and have a normal discussion with other members because you get fixated on grinding me into dust! I have never come on here to have a row with you ever, but that is the way it ends up. You are even looking into my posting history now... and that "example" that you posted wasn't a post here, it was a response to your girlfriend saying that I was acting a part when I said I couldn't put the heating on, when actually I can't fucking afford it and defended myself. And yeah then I did get a bit angry, but poverty and being cold because you can't fucking afford to put the heating on does that to a person. What in the FUCK is wrong with you. Back to the subject of the thread, when was the last time you did anything to defend low-income housing?

Because you DO always start a fight with me. Every fucking time I go into politics forum. I can't post here and have a normal discussion with other members because you get fixated on grinding me into dust! I have never come on here to have a row with you ever, but that is the way it ends up. You are even looking into my posting history now... and that "example" that you posted wasn't a post here, it was a response to your girlfriend saying that I was acting a part when I said I couldn't put the heating on, when actually I can't fucking afford it and defended myself. And yeah then I did get a bit angry, but poverty and being cold because they can't fucking afford to put the heating on does that to a person. What in the FUCK is wrong with you. Back to the subject of the thread, when was the last time you did anything to defend low-income housing?
Wow, you're really doing it again. And doing the same OTT reaction.

That's not the subject of the thread - that's actually something related to a question that i asked about how much more posters have done because of Brand's involvement in the New Era campaign. And to turn it into a competition of whose done more is to play the Brand game, it's to deflect attention away from any serious questions into moral competition. For the record i've recently took part in a local campaign against profiteering lanlords whilst doing my best to circulate info about New Era and other related stuff (like poor doors - which i've attended). Do i win or do we both lose by this stupidity?

That's not the subject of the thread - that's actually something related to a question that i asked about how much more posters have done because of Brand's involvement in the New Era campaign. And to turn it into a competition of whose done more is to play the Brand game, it's to deflect attention away from any serious questions into moral competition. For the record i've recently took part in a local campaign against profiteering lanlords whilst doing my best to circulate info about New Era and other related stuff (like poor doors - which i've attended). Do i win or do we both lose by this stupidity?

The Acorn stuff is brilliant and led by some good people:cool::thumbs:

Because you DO always start a fight with me. Every fucking time I go into politics forum. I can't post here and have a normal discussion with other members because you get fixated on grinding me into dust! I have never come on here to have a row with you ever, but that is the way it ends up. You are even looking into my posting history now... and that "example" that you posted wasn't a post here, it was a response to your girlfriend saying that I was acting a part when I said I couldn't put the heating on, when actually I can't fucking afford it and defended myself. And yeah then I did get a bit angry, but poverty and being cold because you can't fucking afford to put the heating on does that to a person. What in the FUCK is wrong with you. Back to the subject of the thread, when was the last time you did anything to defend low-income housing?

Epona, it's not personal. Butchers can be cantankerous with everyone (sorry mate but y'know, you are). Get through that though and there's usually a good political point being made.

I am not being OTT, I am just responding to you and your ridiculous posts. As I do every time, I have no wish to be cowed into silence by anyone. However - I am now fed up with being hounded by you every time I post on politics forum. It will be a great relief to both of us I'm sure when I put you on ignore right after I finish this post.

Epona, it's not personal. Butchers can be cantankerous with everyone (sorry mate but y'know, you are). Get through that though and there's usually a good political point being made.

I actually feel as though it has been personal for at least a year now, but thank you for trying to pour oil on the waters, I do appreciate it. :)

I am not being OTT, I am just responding to you and your ridiculous posts. As I do every time, I have no wish to be cowed into silence by anyone. However - I am now fed up with being hounded by you every time I post on politics forum. It will be a great relief to both of us I'm sure when I put you on ignore right after I finish this post.
I just linked to the last time two times i talked to you - both times went like this - you blowing up over nothing/being unable to take disagreement then some odd stuff about the politics forum. I haven't even talked to you in here for a decade probably. And that's what this is about - me telling you i didn't know who you are 10 fucking years ago :D

It's really not personal. He's actually a good bloke.

I know he is, he is a good bloke who got upset that I got in a brief argument on a thread with his partner, and defended her. Good on him. However, it's now gone on too long (that argument was this time last year). This has gone on longer than my argument with his partner which was over in half an hour. I would be happy to bury the hatchet, but it doesn't seem possible.

I know he is, he is a good bloke who got upset that I got in a brief argument on a thread with his partner, and defended her. Good on him. However, it's now gone on too long (that argument was this time last year). This has gone on longer than my argument with his partner which was over in half an hour. I would be happy to bury the hatchet, but it doesn't seem possible.
I haven't even talked to you for as long as i can remember! :D

Right, i'm ending this nonsense now. Time for a cuppa and some ginger nuts.

Back
Top Bottom