Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Rugby Union 2017-18

I was gutted to read this today, was looking forward to him making his comeback! A massive player for Wales these past ten years and as has been said one of the modern greats.

All the best in retirement Sam and I hope these injuries don't take anything away from a successful retirement.
We won’t miss him. Get Tips in!

You fucking prat.

One of the greatest ever Welsh players has to prematurely retire due to injury, and this is all you've got to say.

Clueless and graceless.
It would be hypocritical of me to join the Warbs wank fest. I’ve given my opinion plenty of times here before. I think his on field captaincy was poor and lost us far more games than if won us, and think he retained his position in the side due to being a Gatland favourite, when there were better choices available.

It would be hypocritical of me to join the Warbs wank fest. I’ve given my opinion plenty of times here before. I think his on field captaincy was poor and lost us far more games than if won us, and think he retained his position in the side due to being a Gatland favourite, when there were better choices available.
You're taking shite, 1927. On what basis are you claiming that his captaincy lost us more than it won us. Can you actually back that up?

Here's a question for you: what other captain could have persuaded a ref that a penalty was not a penalty at the crunch point of a series tying game in New Zealand? Sam's relationship with officials was excellent. He was measured, reasonable and likeable and led by example. Sorry to say that your position on Warburton shows a lack of knowledge of the game. He was, in my opinion, on a par with AWJ as the best forward we've had in the professional era. Yes, his handling and pace were inferior to Tips but his all round contribution at the breakdown and in defence was world class and game changing. If you can't see that you need to go back and review the game he brought, fearlessly and consistently, time and time again.

You fucking prat.

One of the greatest ever Welsh players has to prematurely retire due to injury, and this is all you've got to say.

Clueless and graceless.
It's all a bit professional contrarian, innit? 1927 as Urban's own Fatty Barnes (who has also damned Sam with faint praise over the last couple of days)

Exactly. 1927 - suggest you have a watch.
They were hardly going to mention the poor one oiled decisions he made that cost us half a dozen games Australia by less than 5 points or whatever it was, or the fact he cost us a world cup by his spear tackle, and that Tips should have replaced him in the back row years ago, but hey ho!

They were hardly going to mention the poor one oiled decisions he made that cost us half a dozen games Australia by less than 5 points or whatever it was, or the fact he cost us a world cup by his spear tackle, and that Tips should have replaced him in the back row years ago, but hey ho!
Fucking hell, you don't half talk some shite. Care to mention which half a dozen games you're spouting about. And to have a go for that spear tackle? Fucking graceless.

You're soft in the head mate.

Thats a bit tight. We may not have even beaten the ABs in the final-thats my first point. So how can you say he cost us a world cup is a bit baffling. That one decision alone didnt cost us a place in the final or indeed the actual cup. There were several key moments that cost us that place. France were wank-we shouldve put them away. Halfpenny normally slots kicks like with his eyes closed. To name a few.

If it WAS a key moment-and if you MUST insist on that tackle (and ignore the rest of his magnificent work in the welsh team) being the thing that demonstrates your 'point' then nothing changes the fact that tackle didnt cost us a place in the final ...it certainly didnt cost us the cup.

Thats a bit tight. We may not have even beaten the ABs in the final-thats my first point. So how can you say he cost us a world cup is a bit baffling. That one decision alone didnt cost us a place in the final or indeed the actual cup. There were several key moments that cost us that place. France were wank-we shouldve put them away. Halfpenny normally slots kicks like with his eyes closed. To name a few.

If it WAS a key moment-and if you MUST insist on that tackle (and ignore the rest of his magnificent work in the welsh team) being the thing that demonstrates your 'point' then nothing changes the fact that tackle didnt cost us a place in the final ...it certainly didnt cost us the cup.
What cost us a place in the final was the inability of our forwards to gain the requisite field position for a drop goal and the lack of balls of both of our outside halves to try for said drop goal from a slightly less advantageous position.

What cost us a place in the final was the inability of our forwards to gain the requisite field position for a drop goal and the lack of balls of both of our outside halves to try for said drop goal from a slightly less advantageous position.

I couldnt disagree mate. But some welsh fans seem to unfairly focus on that one decision. And ignore alll the rest of the outstanding contribution warby has made to welsh rugby.

I couldnt disagree mate. But some welsh fans seem to unfairly focus on that one decision. And ignore alll the rest of the outstanding contribution warby has made to welsh rugby.
Yeah. It's quite wilful, though. You've actually got to try quite hard to ignore what a brilliant player he was. Proper sticking your fingers in your ears and shouting LALALALALALALA! stuff.

Ive been catching up on squidge rugbys videos. I have to say this guys videos are top drawer and every effective at breaking the game down for people like me that arent as knowledgeable as some on this forum

Ive been catching up on squidge rugbys videos. I have to say this guys videos are top drawer and every effective at breaking the game down for people like me that arent as knowledgeable as some on this forum

I suspect that the only reason one of the big newspapers hasn’t hired him on to do his videos for them is that there would be issues getting the rights to the footage he uses. That Warburton video was one of the better explanations of what exactly a guy who is known for being excellent in the breakdown is actually doing that I’ve seen. There are plenty of good overviews of what goes on at a breakdown, but showing what one particular master of it is up to in that detail is great.

Last edited:
That game fills me with dread for the Wallabies in the upcomming international season.

We're so far behind in quick breaks, smart defenses and game intensisty I fear, unless we've been hidding the players during the super games, we're going to struggle this Championship, and when we come up for the autumn games.

But heads up, let's see after the Al Blacks game first up, every season I am always filled with full expectation and excitment, this one will be no different!! :)

got to feel for Cips though. I think he has done as much as he could, in rugby terms. Tried to make himself better and learnt a lot.

But think some people wil take the rise out of him away from the game, and guess he is a bit fragile that way, in that he does rise to it.

wish him luck,

Two grand fine. The larceny and assaulting a police officer charges got dropped.

You'd think he'd learn. No sympathy from me (though I have traditionally been known to take a zero tolerance approach to English internationals ;))

Two grand fine. The larceny and assaulting a police officer charges got dropped.

You'd think he'd learn. No sympathy from me (though I have traditionally been known to take a zero tolerance approach to English internationals ;))

Hes a fucking dick. I have no time for ANY rugby player that acts like a twat. Mike Philips case in point. Utter twat. Henson. Utter twat.

Does anyone have any particularly good links for Rugby Championship streams? If so, can you PM them to me please? I fancy the double bill this weekend, both at vaguely sensible BST times.

Back
Top Bottom