Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Privileged people calling less privileged people "stupid" doesn't seem to be working...

Where have you been to have the experiences you describe?

you think i remember place names? lol i can barely remember how old i am

thinking costs ££££

no £££ no think

and tbh it aint been that many places, so yer probably more privileged than I

Last edited:
on the uneducated= racist thing you only need look to someone like albert speer who was educated above the formal levels BIG requires for membership of humanity, and considered a clever man. Yet there he was on trial at nuremburg.

Enoch Powell, great linguist

If people vote for racists than they are racists.

At least, that's your un-evidenced assumption. Reality shows that the majority of people who voted for Margaret Thatcher in 3 consecutive elections weren't either racist, uneducated or deluded. What they were, was self-interested.

If you don't like the EU the way it is then you are putting your faith that things will be better outside, I think that is deluded, but you may well turn out to be right.

My argument is that people that wanted to leave the EU are either stupid, uneducated, deluded or racist. I believe you to be deluded in thinking the EU will be less palatable to you in the future than what will become of the UK government and country, but that is entirely a matter of opinion and conjecture.

My counter-argument is that arguing for the presence of one or all of your three qualifiers misses the point, which is to look beyond the attempt to rationalise behaviour by classifying it as deviant - as you have done - and interrogate why such behaviour happens. The behaviour cannot be divorced from the social relations within which it takes place.

Enoch Powell, great linguist
The gorilla kinda lingers.

I was just listening last night to this podcast about far-right tendencies in US Science Fiction, and how that's related in turn to fractions of elite US social classes that are well educated but also really fucking racist.

The gorilla kinda lingers.

I was just listening last night to this podcast about far-right tendencies in US Science Fiction, and how that's related in turn to fractions of elite US social classes that are well educated but also really fucking racist.
niven and pournell get a mention? linky pls

Fucking hell this one has got to be a wind up hasn't it? Over half of the UK worthless. Christ.

You can't have it both ways. You have been arguing that those very same people are not racists. Now you are arguing that they are and trying to say that's what B.I.G has said?

Personally I don't buy the whole 'working class solidarity that trumps racism' melancholy. It simply isn't true for many people not now and not in the past.

You can't have it both ways. You have been arguing that those very same people are not racists. Now you are arguing that they are?

Personally I don't buy the whole 'working class solidarity that trumps racism' melancholy. It simply isn't true for many people not now and not in the past.
No he's not. This B.I.G idiot did. Are you familiar with the debating technique where you follow the logic of your opponent to their logical conclusion in order to demonstrate its idiocy? Great example of it just there.

Who said half the country? Maybe you are thick and don't know it.

Not all of [people who voted for Brexit] did. I would suggest that those that did are mainly racist. Then you have those that are stupid and instead of racism believed lies about boosting the nhs.

If people vote for racists than they are racists.
My argument is that people that wanted to leave the EU are either stupid, uneducated, deluded or racist.

But you're right I exaggerated when I said >50%, maybe 33% is more like it?

You can't have it both ways. You have been arguing that those very same people are not racists. Now you are arguing that they are and trying to say that's what B.I.G has said?

Im not too sure but are you accusing me of lying?

(my emphasis) What are you talking about? I'm not saying that at all, that's what B.I.G. believes if you read his posts (well >50% may not be fair, but between 15-50+%)

I'm also not saying, and have not said, that Leave voters are "not racists" either. I think dividing people into some binary racists or non-racist state is utter rubbish, bar a few far hard core ideological racists.

Last edited:
Im not too sure but are you accusing me of lying?

No I am not. But to imagine that 'most' people are or were like your grandfather is meloncholy and mythologising, it's attributing them characteristics that might not be true. B.I.G has been jumped on for doing the exact same thing only with the opposite characteristics.

Back
Top Bottom