Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Prince Harry

But how do Earl's get to outrank Kings and Queens by anyone's standards?
They don’t.

Other than - wait for it - the aristocracy are quite snobbish. And make up their own social conventions to mark out parvenus within their own peer group. Hence the Windsors are seen as a bit déclassé, hence an Earl of Dartmouth is someone you dump and divorce for an Earl Spencer so you can hold your head higher, hence a 14th generation title is great while a 2nd generation variety is barely more than a Mr.

Yeah there's loads of minor German aristos around, many of whom aren't that rich (by royal standards) . That guy who tried to lead the coup was one

The main thing I remember about the German royals was that diagram I learned in school about the 'Habsburg chins', they were so inbred their chins got longer and longer with each descendant. Is there any truth to that Tanya1982 or is another dream shattered :D

They don’t.

Other than - wait for it - the aristocracy are quite snobbish. And make up their own social conventions to mark out parvenus within their own peer group. Hence the Windsors are seen as a bit déclassé, hence an Earl of Dartmouth is someone you dump and divorce for an Earl Spencer so you can hold your head higher, hence a 14th generation title is great while a 2nd generation variety is barely more than a Mr.

Hence the shite Meghan Markle had to face.

The main thing I remember about the German royals was that diagram I learned in school about the 'Habsburg chins', they were so inbred their chins got longer and longer with each descendant. Is there any truth to that Tanya1982 or is another dream shattered :D

Mandibular prognathism.

e2a: not exactly Germans though. Habsburgs. Austria-Hungary and Spain. I'm not going any further than this because it's complicated.

I remember there was a chapter on this in Horrible Histories.

I do think that William is going to be the last. They have made the country look a laughing stock and the soft power stuff has gone to a large extent after the death of the Queen.

I’ve never paid attention to it before when shown in the news, but I now wonder what monarchs do when greeting other in public? I’m pretty sure they don’t curtsy to each other. Do they shake hands, or simply nod their heads at each other ‘Alright mate?’ style as you would at the football to some bloke you know by sight?

I do think that William is going to be the last. They have made the country look a laughing stock and the soft power stuff has gone to a large extent after the death of the Queen.
How will he be the last though he’s already made an heir hasn’t he so by what mechanism do you reckon it could happen that William is going to be the end of the line? I can’t see it.

That’s back on this thread - someone posted up the portraits - they were an unfortunate looking group of people by the end. The final one slept with his own fathers corpse, which was disinterred as a lucky charm to ward off impotency (you'd think it would have the opposite effect on the quality and strength of your arousal). The body in the bed seems to have been one of his more attractive traits, and the least of his health problems.

Silly cunts.

neilsmiles-monocle.gif

How will he be the last though he’s already made an heir hasn’t he so by what mechanism do you reckon it could happen that William is going to be the end of the line? I can’t see it.
I think he might abdicate and George might not want to do it. I think that his and Charles' jobs going to be much more difficult than his mum's with much less prestige and respect

I can't see how William would abdicate. In the first place, it's not what the Windsors do, apart from that rascal Edward, so he'd have to have the kind of reason Edward had, and he hasn't. In the second, he seems to have absolutely nothing in his life apart from the expectation of becoming king eventually.

I can't see how William would abdicate. In the first place, it's not what the Windsors do, apart from that rascal Edward, so he'd have to have the kind of reason Edward had, and he hasn't. In the second, he seems to have absolutely nothing in his life apart from the expectation of becoming king eventually.
It might not be his choice in the end.

But it would just go to some nephew or whatever wouldn’t it in that case?
Don’t think the end of the monarchy will happen just like that.

Here's the current top 23:

The line of Succession​

SOVEREIGN

1. The Prince of Wales

2. Prince George of Wales

3. Princess Charlotte of Wales

4. Prince Louis of Wales

5. The Duke of Sussex

6. Master Archie Mountbatten-Windsor

7. Miss Lilibet Mountbatten-Windsor

8. The Duke of York

9. Princess Beatrice, Mrs. Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi

10. Miss Sienna Mapelli Mozzi

11. Princess Eugenie, Mrs. Jack Brooksbank

12. Master August Brooksbank

13. The Earl of Wessex

14. Viscount Severn

15. The Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor

16. The Princess Royal

17. Mr. Peter Phillips

18. Miss Savannah Phillips

19. Miss Isla Phillips

20. Mrs. Michael Tindall

21. Miss Mia Tindall

22. Miss Lena Tindall

23. Master Lucas Tindall

Here's the current top 23:

The line of Succession​

SOVEREIGN

1. The Prince of Wales

2. Prince George of Wales

3. Princess Charlotte of Wales

4. Prince Louis of Wales

5. The Duke of Sussex

6. Master Archie Mountbatten-Windsor

7. Miss Lilibet Mountbatten-Windsor

8. The Duke of York

9. Princess Beatrice, Mrs. Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi

10. Miss Sienna Mapelli Mozzi

11. Princess Eugenie, Mrs. Jack Brooksbank

12. Master August Brooksbank

13. The Earl of Wessex

14. Viscount Severn

15. The Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor

16. The Princess Royal

17. Mr. Peter Phillips

18. Miss Savannah Phillips

19. Miss Isla Phillips

20. Mrs. Michael Tindall

21. Miss Mia Tindall

22. Miss Lena Tindall

23. Master Lucas Tindall
I didn’t even know William had three kids, I reckon louis will want the job.

Anyway, given how Harold, his family rifts and his royal pecker (as well as the arcania that makes up the aristocracy) is enthralling the planet, including this site, I may as well post this moving little (but slightly dated) ditty...

Back
Top Bottom