Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Prince William’s many good deeds

tbf I would very much welcome his head being removed from the rest of his body, so couldn't give two fucks about what he gets up to.
It's been tried once before it made everything worse. The only argument not to get rid of the monarchy is it would cost billions take years and result in a mess that pleases no one.

It's been tried once before it made everything worse. The only argument not to get rid of the monarchy is it would cost billions take years and result in a mess that pleases no one.
I'm sorry I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome my elected president is.

1687867847134.png

I disagree that it made everything worse. The removal of the king's head did create a period of some chaos and ultimately the restoration of the monarchy, but it put the shits up the monarchy so much that they rarely challenged parliamentary power after that. It also implanted the idea of democracy in a lot of people in a way that was passed down through generations. IMO it was one of the major steps towards the constitutional parliamentary monarchy/democracy we have now. This isn't the viewpoint taught in school history lessons of course, but only because they wouldn't want to give people ideas....

I disagree that it made everything worse. The removal of the king's head did create a period of some chaos and ultimately the restoration of the monarchy, but it put the shits up the monarchy so much that they rarely challenged parliamentary power after that. It also implanted the idea of democracy in a lot of people in a way that was passed down through generations. IMO it was one of the major steps towards the constitutional parliamentary monarchy/democracy we have now. This isn't the viewpoint taught in school history lessons of course, but only because they wouldn't want to give people ideas....
you don't know anything about the preceding decade, do you

Reactions: tim
Well, there isn't a popular wave to get rid of them. Maybe in another 20 yrs or so. I can't get any enthusiasm for the monarchy or a replacement.
Not yet there isn't, We will definitely have the reigns of Chucky and Billy the Bald to contend with but as I have said many times before I don't really expect we will see George/Louis on the throne (I can never remember which one is the older) The membership of Republic has apparently more than doubled since the World's Most Expensive Panto was staged back at the beginning of May.

Not yet there isn't, We will definitely have the reigns of Chucky and Billy the Bald to contend with but as I have said many times before I don't really expect we will see George/Louis on the throne (I can never remember which one is the older) The membership of Republic has apparently more than doubled since the World's Most Expensive Panto was staged back at the beginning of May.
the membership of republic could be 2.5m and it'd still be a fucking useless organisation

the membership of republic could be 2.5m and it'd still be a fucking useless organisation
I know you're really hoping that the whole kit and kaboodle will be swept away in an outburst of revolutionary fervour French style and I can see the attraction of that but alas I fear we will have to wait for them going in a peaceful and constitutionally acceptable means. It will be more the last Crown Prince ending his days in a Monaco villa rather than swinging from a lamp post outside Buckingham Palace.

I know you're really hoping that the whole kit and kaboodle will be swept away in an outburst of revolutionary fervour French style and I can see the attraction of that but alas I fear we will have to wait for them going in a peaceful and constitutionally acceptable means. It will be more the last Crown Prince ending his days in a Monaco villa rather than swinging from a lamp post outside Buckingham Palace.
As you'll have observed over the course of your life we have no Crown Prince in this country

As you'll have observed over the course of your life we have no Crown Prince in this country
Brits don't use the title Crown Prince, but isn't the heir apparent in effect the crown prince, or is there more to that status than the title? Do they actually get crowned as Crown Prince in places that have such a thing?
(I know he's not properly called the Prince of Wales until his investiture, if there is one - and they'd be pushing their luck to try that this time I reckon.)

The whole business is an insulting farce but it's helpful to know the details, as you evidently do.

utterly
fucking
shameless

lifes work lol

_130203360_1001rc-dtndt-1-260623-a001c-dt_page-0001.jpg.webp

View attachment 380747
...nicw try but we're sticking with royal heads on pikes
C'mon be fair. Look at all the good his dad's done.

Are there any rules about pimping your children as status symbols around the media?

View attachment 384231
Actually, much as I despise the monarchy in general, these kind of officially released photographs is one issue where it’s hard to fault them for. Believe it or not, the release of such photographs of the children is part of an agreement with the British press in exchange for the latter not accosting them at all times to take unauthorised pictures of them and their kids.

He has sent good wishes to the women's football team and roped his daughter in to the same story.

Critics are sorry that he hasn't flown or sailed across the world to see the final, but I am sure that is because he doesn't want to cause additional climate damage, or be separated from his children during the school holidays.

What a man!

Back
Top Bottom