Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

PM Boris Johnson - monster thread for a monster twat

Johnson fucks over a minister again, sent Therese Coffey out the media rounds yesterday to deny he was aware of any allegations against Pincher.

Work and Pensions Secretary Therese Coffey defended the PM, saying he took "decisive action" to suspend the MP.

Ms Coffey told the BBC that "to the best of my knowledge" Mr Johnson was not aware of specific allegations about Mr Pincher, saying she had not spoken to the prime minister directly and had received the assurance from the No 10 press office.

BBC

And, yet today the story changes...

BORIS Johnson appointed Chris Pincher to a ministerial position despite being aware of concerns about his conduct, Downing Street has confirmed.

The Prime Minister knew of claims which had been either been resolved or had not resulted in a formal complaint, his spokesman said, but did not consider it appropriate to block the appointment.

The National

I don't suppose that Coffey will be happy about being left with egg on her face.

If he ever gets into power it will be like the Nazis never went away. Or at least according to someone I just overheard in a coffee shop. It's not the first time I've heard this sort of nonsense either. It's bonkers, so why do people persist with such bizarre positions?

As far as I can tell, the jury is still out on whether Johnson has any political convictions at all, other than the conviction that he deserves to be at the centre of attention.

Just went to the start of thread accidentally. Is it still bonkers with hindsight

I am maybe not a fan of politicians but giving out abuse when it’s deserved and indeed should be encouraged. Abbot is one of the better ones & it’s well documented the that she has been at the end of horrendous bullying and smears from the press and within the house itself..Punching down like this is shit to be honest. Regurgitation of tropes about abbot isn’t a good look

I did wonder if that was true, if so, the editor at the Daily Mail doesn't seem to have got the memo, or is just ignoring Viscount Rothermere's instruction.

View attachment 330388

I haven't clicked on the link to see how they can still think he's the best man for the job, because clearly it's a barking mad conclusion.
I'll keep an eye on it.

One of the original articles that claimed the Mail would turn on Johnson said it would be visible in the Mail on Sunday, and it does seem like this was their front page yesterday:

Screenshot 2022-07-04 at 14.16.png

The claim they would turn on him in more detail: There’s bad news in the Mail for Boris Johnson

edit - oh I just read that comment piece you draw attention to - it was pretty clear in its support just like the headline you mentioned suggested, but at least it was mercifully brief. And the lines of argument they used were the usual tired ones about all the other serious problems that need dealing with, how he is the only person who can win the next election for the tories, the only one who can connect with people, and some parping on about Blair and chums being on a renewed mission to strangle Brexit (which could be decoded as the downsides of Brexit becoming so much more visible these days).

Last edited:
As Particularly coming from someone as batshit as Diane Abbot.
Now, being a wanky reformist, my politics and Abbot's don't complete align. I presume you think she's 'Batshit' - meaning crazy- as she is a black working class woman (at least she started off working class) who had the temerity to think she could play a national role in politics?

Johnson fucks over a minister again, sent Therese Coffey out the media rounds yesterday to deny he was aware of any allegations against Pincher.

And, yet today the story changes...

I don't suppose that Coffey will be happy about being left with egg on her face.
poor dr coffey, should have stuck in the lab rather than being forced to face the media to defend the indefensible

An accusation was made that he assaulted a woman, maybe a journalist, at a Spectator/Torygraph type lunch. I wonder if she has something in mind other than that.

This is evidence free blather on my part, but bearing in mind johnson's personality and sense of entitlement, I'd be astonished if there weren't more instances of (alleged :rolleyes:) assault.

Feels a bit yucky thinking about accusations of sexual assault in terms of strategy, but pushing the accusations against Johnson touched on above, might be a good move on Abbott's part. The very idea of johnson being the person to decide whether the likes of Pincher should be a minister, fucking hell! Instead, my guess is that we'll be seeing kieth forcing her to apologise.

Feels a bit yucky thinking about accusations of sexual assault in terms of strategy, but pushing the accusations against Johnson touched on above, might be a good move on Abbott's part. The very idea of johnson being the person to decide whether the likes of Pincher should be a minister, fucking hell! Instead, my guess is that we'll be seeing kieth forcing her to apologise.
sir keithly's voice will be muffled though, as he's speaking with his tongue firmly up de pfeffel's arse

I'll keep an eye on it.

One of the original articles that claimed the Mail would turn on Johnson said it would be visible in the Mail on Sunday, and it does seem like this was their front page yesterday:

View attachment 330454

The claim they would turn on him in more detail: There’s bad news in the Mail for Boris Johnson

edit - oh I just read that comment piece you draw attention to - it was pretty clear in its support just like the headline you mentioned suggested, but at least it was mercifully brief. And the lines of argument they used were the usual tired ones about all the other serious problems that need dealing with, how he is the only person who can win the next election for the tories, the only one who can connect with people, and some parping on about Blair and chums being on a renewed mission to strangle Brexit (which could be decoded as the downsides of Brexit becoming so much more visible these days).

Interesting.

Of course it wouldn't be the first time the 'Mail on Sunday' and the 'Daily Mail' have taken different positions, they did on Brexit, unlike some other papers they haven't been turned into a 7-day operation, and remain as just 'sister papers', with separate editors and editorial teams.

The Daily Mail has broke with its sister paper The Mail on Sunday to formally back the campaign for Britain to leave the EU.

In a two-page editorial, the newspaper argued it was best for the country to vote to leave the union in Thursday's referendum. The declaration came two days after its sister publication The Mail on Sunday - which is a separate publication with a different editorial team - urged its readers to vote Remain. LINK

The comment piece in the DM may well be brief, but it's clearly from the editor, giving the rag's full support to Johnson to continue as PM.

to be fair to dr coffey, something i don't like to be, she is from billinge which is apparently 15 miles from liverpool
She stated she was from Liverpool. The reason she got into politics rather than science was the fact she was sick of the militant left fucking over her city!
So another Tory lie.
Billinge is a hot bed of Mrs buckets.

She told rigby she was from Liverpool. Rigby was puzzled she didn't have a Scouse accent. ' oh I can fall back into it at will', then started sounding like Harry Enfield.

When was this interview with Rigby?

I fancy looking that up on the Sky News youtube channel.

Back
Top Bottom