Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Plane crashes onto A27 at Shoreham Air Show

Alcohol is a proper drug and does more harm than all the other drugs put together.
So is caffeine a drug, are you going to lump that in as well?

The argument put forward in that article is that drugs are banned, so airshows should be. Please enlighten me as to where alcohol - a legal substance - fits into that?

The argument put forward in that article is that drugs are banned, so airshows should be. Please enlighten me as to where alcohol - a legal substance - fits into that?

You pedantic tit. OK, take an illegal drug such as MDMA, or mephedrone, or cannabis, or even an opiate. 99% of people take some, have a good time, go home. Your point?

The only difference is the legality. And, yes caffeine counts, as does the legion of prescription drugs people use.

That's not the argument

People choose to take drugs and drink alcohol. They don't choose to get incinerated by jet fuel when they're driving their car home.

Don't know why this is hard to understand. The CAA are now taking this line.

I remember sitting in a room in Gatwick with a load of senior Flight Inspectors all trying to talk up the case for banning all alcohol (including duty free that could be used as a Molotov cocktail) from flights:rolleyes:

I remember sitting in a room in Gatwick with a load of Flight Inspectors all trying to talk up the case for banning all alcohol (including duty free that could be used as a Molotov cocktail) from flights:rolleyes:
It would stop people misbehaving at least!

I remember sitting in a room in Gatwick with a load of senior Flight Inspectors all trying to talk up the case for banning all alcohol (including duty free that could be used as a Molotov cocktail) from flights:rolleyes:

I'd have an open mind to banning alcohol on flights. I'd never thought of it before but what are the stats like? Must cause it's fair share of problems. Why do you need to booze on a plane? They only really allow it to get filthy lucre off us I reckon.

That's not the argument
What is it then?
You pedantic tit. OK, take an illegal drug such as MDMA, or mephedrone, or cannabis, or even an opiate. 99% of people take some, have a good time, go home. Your point?
Let's take cannabis for a start, a drug that has proven links to mental illness.

And it's quite clear that the write of that article wasn't talking about alcohol, so I fail to see a) why it was brought up, and b) how that makes me "pedantic"?

What is it then?

Let's take cannabis for a start, a drug that has proven links to mental illness.

And it's quite clear that the write of that article wasn't talking about alcohol, so I fail to see a) why it was brought up, and b) how that makes me "pedantic"?
I've been taking drugs for 42 years and my life isn't ruined. You have too. I'm assuming yours isn't either.

I'd have an open mind to banning alcohol on flights. I'd never thought of it before but what are the stats like? Must cause it's fair share of problems. Why do you need to booze on a plane? They only really allow it to get filthy lucre off us I reckon.
The booze in the plane thing is a red herring. It's not booze on planes that's the problem, it's people getting on who are already drunk.

It would stop people misbehaving at least!

I think the first thing I pointed out was the statistical increase in Air rage since smoking on aircraft was banned. Then that people would compensate by getting pissed in the terminal, unless they wanted to ban that too, which would be fine by me as would have an even bigger lobby to stop them politically. I was already annoyed with them at the time for making £4500 an hour private jets use plastic cutlery.

Nervous flyers should be offered a cannabis laced muffin as they board.

I thought I could handle it, but then I moved on weed-sponge. Before I knew it I was on THC gateaux. Sometimes 2 a day. Only after my family and friends arranged for a full-scale intervention did I check myself into rehab. These days, I don't even touch madeleines. My brush with death shook me up. I never want to go back to that place.

Me too. Stopped me using my private jet for anything but essentials flights only.
A passenger paying £4500 an hour doesn't need a metal implement to convince the Captain to alter course. If he says midflight "take me to Cuba", the Captains correct response is "I'll see what I do sir/madame.".
Don't even get me started on the lockable cabin doors:mad:

Back
Top Bottom