Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Air traffic control failure?

Do you get DBS checked or similar to work in your industry? Though it sounds like there’s no chance of anyone discovering this hypothetical retention of the refund.

Perhaps you wouldn’t notice this refund until you receive your credit card statement in the post in around a month. I wonder if the defence - I never open my post - would work.

In the case of online statements - where the refund also would show a lot quicker on the account - then there’s perhaps a digital footprint that you’ve read the statement.

Even if you are flat out asked “did you get a refund to your card” and answer “no” I don’t know if your employer would be able to find out via the airline or your card company if you’re lying
If booked on his personal credit/debit card his employer couldn't ask airline or card company due to data protection laws. If police or hmrc were investigating (unlikely) they could get the info.

Isn’t that compensation for delays? Who has been delayed, the individual or the company? In most cases, I would say that it would be the individual inconvenienced and therefore don’t see why they should report it to save the company money just because the journey took longer than expected.
A very reasonable argument and one I'd make if someone was given shit over this

I work in coaches and tonight’s shift will be full of angry entitled people who have to be somewhere. Lots of extra coaches are put on but no extra trains as far as I know.

This whole debacle only reinforces my impression that modern air travel is a tedious exercise in absolute misery. I'm Warsaw is a nice city to visit, but is it really worth it if you have to endure purgatory to get there and back?

This whole debacle only reinforces my impression that modern air travel is a tedious exercise in absolute misery. I'm Warsaw is a nice city to visit, but is it really worth it if you have to endure purgatory to get there and back?
There's a line of thinking amongst certain libertarian/loons that too many undeserving people go abroad and restrictions are needed to return the skies to only those who deserve it. All of this current drama might feed into their conspiracy theory that air travel was never meant for the "little folk".

I work in coaches and tonight’s shift will be full of angry entitled people who have to be somewhere. Lots of extra coaches are put on but no extra trains as far as I know.

:(

i used to work the roadside end of rail replacement services - think the people i worked for did do emergency coaches when airlines had problems, but i never got involved in them. would imagine it's similar only worse.

and don't think extra trains can happen quick enough to deal with stuff like that now.

Noted up thread I see but now explicitly blamed on the dodgy French :mad:

Still not quite explicit but it seems that Russian/Chinese/whoever, state hackers have just been made redundant in one fell swoop when all that's needed to bring an air traffic control system to it's knees is for an airline to file a "dodgy" (note the technical term) flight plan. Sounds like bollocks to me.

My flight to Berlin tomorrow still showing as on time, though I expect it wouldn't be until a few hours before when I'd find out if this is actually true.

UK airspace is never closed for that long without something else occupying it.

It's a cover-up and I suspect another Zeronian Migration.

1693388076124.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom