Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Air traffic control failure?

According to a few reporters and experts the problem may have started about 8am this morning

On Sky they were saying about 8.30am, but they have four hours of advanced data in the system, when they realised they couldn't fit it quick enough, that's why the news broke around noon.

I’ve booked a ferry for tomorrow morning but will head to the airport anyway.

It’s really not looking very promising on the news…

Ryanair is showing it's cancelled now, :(

1693232956616.png

My flight doesn’t say 00:55 any more. It just says “scheduled”, whatever that means

I’m 99% sure I’m just not going now. We’ve arranged for somebody else to step in last minute, so my incentive to hang around the airport just in case my flight goes is rock bottom

Definitely cancelled. Still showing as scheduled in their useless fucking app. No email no text message nothing. Absolute shysters. :D

In a Q that could be seen from space if it wasn’t indoors to see if I can squeeze onto a flight to anywhere in the south east of England tonight. Ferry booked as get out of jail free card.

Could do with that helicopter now pls kthanxbai.

It’s giving me a gate and the app still says it’s flying.

But the boards say it’s cancelled.

Do I go through just in case? There’s no one to talk to. Will have a look on Flightradar24.

your absence will leave the employees to organize themselves, learning in the process that they need no boss and striking a blow for anti-hierarchical forms (anarchist actions thread -------> )
Last place I worked we had a manager come out of his office and start ranting about why the production line wasn't running. He was told we had run out of PCBs and then suggested we run the line and retrofit them when they came in. :facepalm:

I don't know about NATS being overloaded, but my local roads have been horrendously busy, all day.
Especially the A69, I've been along one specific part of it [about 10 miles of the single carriageway section, a bit west of Hexham] four times today.
It's been worse than the morning rush hour in Newcastle.

Mine says “enquire airline” on Gatwick’s website and still says 00:55 on the EasyJet app. I’m keeping an eye on it even though I’ve bailed because I don’t want it now to depart on time and end up with egg on my face!

Last edited:
Definitely cancelled. Still showing as scheduled in their useless fucking app. No email no text message nothing. Absolute shysters. :D

In a Q that could be seen from space if it wasn’t indoors to see if I can squeeze onto a flight to anywhere in the south east of England tonight. Ferry booked as get out of jail free card.

Could do with that helicopter now pls kthanxbai.

I take it all back.

Trust in the app.

🙏

Back
Top Bottom