Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Air traffic control failure?

Scotland have their school summer holidays start and finish earlier than england so i guess they move the bank holiday to fit with that.

august bank holiday used to be start of august in england but it got moved, some time round early 70s. scotland didn't move it.

not sure why

Gatwick said to be operating normally.

I thought that was odd, looks like news of the problem hadn't reached their spokesperson.

Gatwick Airport​

Sky News reported that Gatwick had insisted at first it was operating as usual before later confirming it was hit too. It is not the only airport to be hit by the issue after initially thinking it was operating as usual.

There's more info here for those who prefer to avert their gaze from Daily Mail links:

Actual lolz...

Yeh, the scum... that'll appease the juvenile keyboard warriors on here :D

You and kabbes should be doing things the true urban way anyways, local buses probably best, Puddy_Tat could easily string some routes together from Dublin to London and Dorking to Zurich...

I was on Ryanair 122 to Gatwick, airport say it’s cancelled but nothing from Ryanair.

What’s your take on the situation? I imagine it’s hard to make any predictions and impossible to say if I’ll get on another plane to London? Might head to the airport and see what happens.

I was on Ryanair 122 to Gatwick, airport say it’s cancelled but nothing from Ryanair.

What’s your take on the situation? I imagine it’s hard to make any predictions and impossible to say if I’ll get on another plane to London? Might head to the airport and see what happens.

Ryanair's still selling tickets on that flight. I would go to the airport ASAP and see what you can get on. Of course being end of summer bank holiday a lot of flights would have been sold out some time ago...

My flight has now theoretically been delayed until 00:55 but who knows in practice? Either way it’s pointless — I was only flying so that I could deliver a keynote at 9:30am. I’m not going to arrive in Zurich at 3am and be up and giving a speech in 6 hours. They’ll have to arrange what I would have always wanted in the first place, which is to do it remotely. Business travel was always stupid, which is why I haven’t gone further than to Paris by train in five years. This has totally reinforced my belief.

Ryanair's still selling tickets on that flight. I would go to the airport ASAP and see what you can get on. Of course being end of summer bank holiday a lot of flights would have been sold out some time ago...

Cool thanks. That was what I was thinking. Will do that. Cheers. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom