Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Palestine solidarity demos in the UK

Various small demos at Labour MPs' offices collected here: https://gazadayofaction.org/actions

Upcoming trials/court dates needing support in Stafford, Nottingham, Manchester, and London:

Actions against Elbit continuing regularly:

From what I can tell Palestine solidarity campaign have called the next demo for two weeks time, the 11th.
I expect there's appetite for people to go out next Saturday, but presumably psc does the main organising, stewarding etc, so curious to see what happens.

The 11th is remembrance Day which could be.... interesting

From what I can tell Palestine solidarity campaign have called the next demo for two weeks time, the 11th.
I expect there's appetite for people to go out next Saturday, but presumably psc does the main organising, stewarding etc, so curious to see what happens.

Having both on the same day will cause all sorts of issues

Remembrance Sunday is on the 12th but the minutes silence is at 11am on the 11th.
Once upon a time, there was only one 1 minute silence.

For the past 10-15 years, there have been two. One on the 11 November, and one on Remembrance Sunday. This is the result of the plastic patriots not having the courage of their convictions.

Think there's meant to be an anti-Braverman demo next Saturday, just checked and the fb event lists the main organisers as being SUTR and XR, which is an unexpected combination:

Dunno if there's enough crossover between the organisers that PSC decided to let people focus on that? But then I don't know why they'd do that when the last demo ran alongside the UFFC one. Lots of acronyms there, hopefully my post's still readable.

Think there's meant to be an anti-Braverman demo next Saturday, just checked and the fb event lists the main organisers as being SUTR and XR, which is an unexpected combination:

Dunno if there's enough crossover between the organisers that PSC decided to let people focus on that? But then I don't know why they'd do that when the last demo ran alongside the UFFC one. Lots of acronyms there, hopefully my post's still readable.

thought it was good that they gave uffc a platform to speak despite organising a demo at the same time

thought it was good that they gave uffc a platform to speak despite organising a demo at the same time
I'm not sure it could have been different, the timing, given the pressure of the situation and that all these things are in at least some measure the result of negotiation with the police who have their own agenda in terms of managing 'disruption' in the centre of London. The uffc demo organised months ago no doubt, the psc one at much less notice

Photos from the Cardiff demo on Saturday:

1698753205698.png

1698753220824.png

Great stuff. She'll be fizzing. :cool:

Certainly from recent times this feels unprecedent what is happening, the scale and breadth of actions across britain, the regularity...I really cant keep up with all the actions that happen on a daily basis... when was the last time we saw such a wave of direct and symbolic actions?

I dont have a sense of how deeply these feeling are shared in the wider population, but it has clearly struck sufficient a nerve in a large enough part of the general public to make this all happen.

I support it and have taken a small part and will again, and I understand the raw emotion and sense of needing to act immediately , but i cant help but wonder what it would ever take to create a similiar groundswell around british material condition politics. This isnt really the thread to get into that, but above all I find it hopeful to see real street action breaking out as it has, and from such a broad range of people too

Make of this what you will.

1699008911526.png
1699008976917.png

Attachments

• 1699008916759.png
    1699008916759.png
    136.1 KB · Views: 5
Scottish demos happening in Edinburgh, Glasgow, Forres, Stirling, Dundee, Aberdeen, Dunfermline tomorrow:
1699010793026.png
There's also been some outreach work to workers in Govan arms factories going on, and I think similar in Edinburgh but can't find the details of that one now. Also demo at the RAF base in Lossiemouth on Sunday, transport available from Aberdeen:

1699010972129.png
Really encouraging to see stuff that goes beyond just standing around outside town halls and starts to engage with the sites in the UK that directly connect to the slaughter.

Back
Top Bottom