Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Palestine solidarity demos in the UK

Does that make them good Jews? Reminds me of the bad Muslims who don’t condemn Islamic terrorist attacks with sufficient speed and vigour. :rolleyes:
No but I lost the tweet I was going to quote. :oops: Jews supporting Palestine is good to show & disassociate Jews in general from the Israeli state.

Well according to Reddit who originally posted it.

E1iNGT1XIAUua1t

With the arrests though I have my doubts.

I’m British. Why would I need to ‘dissociate’ myself from Israel?
I was more thinking about idiots who shout abuse about Palestine at any Jew rather than holding the Israeli state to account at their actions.

Sorry but have not put this across very well.

No but I lost the tweet I was going to quote. :oops: Jews supporting Palestine is good to show & disassociate Jews in general from thsraeli state.

So British Jews are proxies for the state of Israel unless, and until, they prove their soundness on the Palestinian issue to you or some other self-appointed moral guardian?

You've not put it well because your starting point is dumber than a fucking house brick, and would doubtless have you howling in outrage were it expressed about any other ethnic or religious group.

So British Jews are proxies for the state of Israel unless, and until, they prove their soundness on the Palestinian issue to you or some other self-appointed moral guardian?

You've not put it well because your starting point is dumber than a fucking house brick, and would doubtless have you howling in outrage were it expressed about any other ethnic or religious group.
That is not what I said.

No Jew regardless of nationality should be harassed because of the actions of the state of Israel. Is that clearer for you?

Jews supporting Palestine is good to show & disassociate Jews in general from the Israeli state.

MrSki for years and years i felt that it was necessary for me AS A JEW to show up at every anti-occupation protest, often on my tod and stand there, not quite able to join in with from the river to the sea. Some (not all) of that compulsion was to please / appease people like you. I don't feel that way any more. Whats the point.

eta on a slightly more positive note i joined in with a zoom thing yesterday from these people Na'amod – British Jews Against Occupation
and there were just under 200 of us tiny boxes on there. I don't know how much i can help with their stated goal of changing majority opinion in 'the british jewish community' as i don't really know many jews but the fact that it exists it is something.

Last edited:
It would seem some folk on the far-right in this country have taken tips from their cousins across the pond. Interesting how there's no mention of this incident or a similar one in London.

Strangely enough, it's reported on Wales Online but not the Ailing Standards.

Police say the driver of the car failed to stop at the scene and enquiries to locate them are ongoing. No arrests have been made.

Last edited:
This is long, but really good, imo. A lot of what he's talking about wrt the narrative many jews are taught, and cling to, i recognise well from my own upbringing and family.

Fwiw, Samidoun has a good global calendar of events here:

Got this listed so far for next Sat:

United Kingdom

• Bournemouth: Palestine Solidarity Demo – Saturday, 22 May, 12 pm, Glen Fern Car Park, march to Bournemouth Square. Facebook:
  • London: National Demo for Palestine – Saturday, 22 May, 12 pm, Speakers Corner (Marble Arch Tube), London, UK.
  • Manchester: Speak Out for Palestinian Resistance – Saturday, 22 May, 12 PM, Piccadilly Gardens, Manchester. Facebook:
  • Newcastle-upon-Tyne: Protest for Palestine! – Saturday, 22 May, 12 pm, Marks and Spencer, 77-87 Northumberland Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK. Facebook:
  • Northampton: March 4 Palestine – Saturday, 22 May, 2 pm, BBC Radio Northampton, Abington St. Facebook:
  • Peterborough: Protest 4 Palestine – Saturday, 22 May, 2 pm, Peterborough Town Center, Peterborough. Facebook:
  • Plymouth: Stop Bombing Gaza – Saturday, 22 May, 11 am, New George St, Plymouth. Facebook: Stop Bombing Gaza
  • Waterdale: Vigil for Palestine – Saturday, 22 May, 2 pm, Sir Nigel Gresley Square, Waterdale, UK. Facebook: Vigil for Palestine
  • Wrexham: Support Palestine – Saturday, 22 May, 11:30 am, Queen Square, Wrexham, Wales. Facebook: Support Palestine.

More to come, I imagine.

Oops... already posted :facepalm:

Funnily enough, posted the other day on Leicester ACG and the Leicester Trades Council Facebook pages:
Solidarity with the Palestinians.
What does standing in solidarity actually mean? Is it waving Palestinian flags and petitioning M.P.s or is it the Italian dockers refusing to touch ships loaded with armaments for Israel? By refusing to handle engines for the Chilean Airforce, Scottish Rolls Royce and transport workers grounded a third of dictator Pinochet's airforce for four years. In Leicester we've got Caterpillar, building the bull-dozers that are used to flatten Palestinian farms and homes. Lots of local firms like Kaybee Engineering supply parts to Caterpillar. We've got Thales working with Israeli arms company Elbit under the name of Utacs in Scudamore Road to manufacture armed drones for the Israeli armed forces. What's Unite doing about this? What are Unite members doing? If we can't black the orders, let's make sure these goods don't leave the factory gate, and if they do, let's make sure they don't work when they reach Palestine. This is international working-class solidarity.

Back
Top Bottom