Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Palestine solidarity demos in the UK

Pics by Gramsci

In photos: Palestine solidarity demo outside Brockwell Park Gates

In photos: Palestine solidarity demo outside Brockwell Park Gates

Thanks for putting this on Brixton Buzz.

As one can see local Labour Party branches supported this South London local demo.

Passers by did support it. Honking their car horns.

Predictably I didn't see any of my Labour Cllrs their. Being from the Blairite/Progress wing of party they wouldn't attend anything like this.

this account has a lot of video of police clashes

I was in that location and realised that the march was purposely being led into a cul-de-sac (as the side roads and one end of Kensington High Street were blocked by cops) tbh was not sure what was going on as could not see but felt unsafe so after making very little headway towards the Israeli Embassy and the crowd became even more dense....I insisted we turn around , which from the sounds of it was a good call, specially as my friend is 75 yrs and 4ft9 !!!
Good job we left when we did.

View attachment 268423

Saw this posted on facebook today
Apparently the banners say something like "disband the police" (guessing that's the Hebrew/Arabic one with the circle-A) and "dismantle the Gaza Ghetto" (presumably on the English/Hebrew one). Which is a pretty bold slogan. I've also seen someone suggesting this photo is actually from 2018, but even if it is I would guess the banner-makers are probably up to similar stuff now.

Also, a bit late but the Collective Action people did another of those interactive maps - up to 78 this weekend, twitter thread with details here.

Also, Green and Black Cross asking for people to do arrestee support today (again, a bit late so idk if it's still needed but might be).

Yep, I've tried and failed to find a source beyond that fairly vague asranarshism post - any architecture experts who can identify the fancy building they're standing outside?

Yeah there’s been reports of ‘yeah Jews do you remember khyber, eh eh” chants on other demos in Europe.

ethnic/religious hatred. The gift that keeps on giving

I've no idea about this specific video, but mad theories about reddit moderators are really just grasping. It's not like it would be the first anti-semitic bullshit present around a Free Palestine protest. Obviously anti-semites will try to get their oar in.

The audio has been dubbed. Don't know who might want to do this? :hmm:

ETA According to the news on 5Live 4 arrests have been made though.

Back
Top Bottom