Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Notting Hill Carnival 2022

Went both days. Aba Shanti on Sunday, then Channel ONE and Digital Soundboy on the Monday. It was good to have carnival back, even if getting through the crowds was a bit sketchy on the Monday.

Also found that toilet provisions are starting to be able to cope, which is good.

Went both days. Aba Shanti on Sunday, then Channel ONE and Digital Soundboy on the Monday. It was good to have carnival back, even if getting through the crowds was a bit sketchy on the Monday.

Also found that toilet provisions are starting to be able to cope, which is good.
Great that Digital Soundboy (Shy FX) is still there - didnt see it on the listings.

Went both days, 14 hours of Aba Shanti from 12 to 7.

Just brilliant.

Didn't go anywhere else. Straight from Kensal Rise to East Row/Southern Row then back again at the end.
Can't wait for next year.
That my usual walk too, but this year on the Monday as it was only me and the GF we decided to mix it up.

Next year im going to avoid going anywhere floats where they are chucking paint about, as i got splashed with lots of proper paint that hasnt come out in the wash.

That my usual walk too, but this year on the Monday as it was only me and the GF we decided to mix it up.

Next year im going to avoid going anywhere floats where they are chucking paint about, as i got splashed with lots of proper paint that hasnt come out in the wash.
Got splashed with paint that came out but we did see few peeps with tins of Dulux. At which point we were like whoa let's move out of here and the ladies with bin bags on their heads suddenly made sense.

Got splashed with paint that came out but we did see few peeps with tins of Dulux. At which point we were like whoa let's move out of here and the ladies with bin bags on their heads suddenly made sense.
Bit of a dickhead move using actual paint like the stuff you would put on walls. It ruined everything me and my GF were wearing, and people nearby already stressed by the squeezed crowds were getting agitated as they could do nothing but watch black and red paint get chucked all over their clothes.

I'm a relative noob as far as carnival goes and had only been 3 times before, the last time in 2018.
On previous visits I'd wander about trying to get to Aba Shanti by heading in the general direction from the Notting Hill end, which took ages and meant basically going through the whole carnival.
This year didn't mess about. Worked out the route before hand, bish bash bosh...straight to East Row, with only a slight delay crossing the procession route. Thankfully didn't get any paint or drink thrown on me.
This will be my annual pilgrimage.
I've already recognised a few of the regulars and chatted to some of them, including a couple who are ALWAYS there from Portugal. They have their own sound system.

I'm sure there are some other decent sound systems that I could check out, eg Channel One, but Aba does it for me and I'll be there next year all being well.

I'm a relative noob as far as carnival goes and had only been 3 times before, the last time in 2018.
On previous visits I'd wander about trying to get to Aba Shanti by heading in the general direction from the Notting Hill end, which took ages and meant basically going through the whole carnival.
This year didn't mess about. Worked out the route before hand, bish bash bosh...straight to East Row, with only a slight delay crossing the procession route. Thankfully didn't get any paint or drink thrown on me.
This will be my annual pilgrimage.
I've already recognised a few of the regulars and chatted to some of them, including a couple who are ALWAYS there from Portugal. They have their own sound system.

I'm sure there are some other decent sound systems that I could check out, eg Channel One, but Aba does it for me and I'll be there next year all being well.
We have 3 approaches.

First and foremost Kensal Rise if going to Aba + we have mates in Kensal Green who we would usually see.

Bayswater if we're thinking of Channel One, or Solution Sounds before they stopped attending.

Notting Hill if we fancy general Carnival shenanigans (e.g. Portobello Rd side of tings).

I agree, getting to Aba from Notting Hill is a complete ballache, fun... but a ballache.

Back
Top Bottom