Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Notting Hill Carnival 2023

Yes a lovely time yesterday, Solution all the way , weather great, sound sweet, surprise bump into a bunch of people, some nice randoms too, solution regular vocalists on form ( Neville grooves, clappas etc), hangover clearing now :)
Got caught out by the fact they've closed NHG tube station completely, used to be central line closed only, so walked from high street ken which was fine though.
Hope today is great for those out and about

Was a short one for me but absolutely loved it as usual. I so heart Carnival.

Came in and out from Queensway, didn't go anywhere except Solution but only stayed a cpl of hours, with an hour or so meandering.

Made a schoolboy error with footwear, didn't want to wear anything too new/clean so wore a pair of old Adidas which felt like flip flops at the end, lol. Feet are fuckin killing me today.

I had a cheeky bit of jerk but came home and Mrs Numbers had a right Caribbean feast on the burner. Jerk, plantain, macaroni cheese, rice and peas, coleslaw + the Solution playlist posted on the 1st page of this thread on the go.

I went down for a good few hours yesterday and got down to Aba around 1.30, was heating up nicely and not ridiculously busy until a couple of hours later. Had a stack behind us for half an hour or so but the top end felt very harsh on some records, eventually moved out of direct firing line and off to the side which was better and you still got the dread bass 😎

Thought Aba was uncharacteristically quiet on the mic, but as the day wore on was a bit more vocal

Wandered over to Gladdy Wax for some lighter relief where some lovely more lilting tunes were being spun, before drifting back to Aba and then heading off about 6.30 to beat the rush at 7

To echo Numbers, I ❤️ carnival 😎

I went both days...first day was a bit of a mission getting there as trains were cancelled so had to take an unplanned route. A nice time was had mostly wandering but I had a panic as I thought I'd lost my card and the cash I took with me so bailed early. I'd just left both on the side at home.

Yesterday was better for me - some lads wandering through Croydon with their horns, blasting them as they went...i found it funny, fun crowd going up on the same train as me, chatted to a few randoms, followed some of
the floats, had a bop here and there
IMG_20240825_154253.jpg
IMG_20240825_155212.jpg

I always manage to get lost or stuck so didn't manage to get to some bits I had half planned to.
IMG_20240826_183742.jpg
Long but nice walk back towards Victoria via Hyde Park. Saw some ducks.
IMG_20240826_193546.jpg
Think I'm gonna try Hackney carnival next month too!

Back
Top Bottom