Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Notting Hill Carnival 2023

I haven’t been for years but Mlle Fire suggested we take Mini Fire on kids day.

Any tips? What’s the best time to get there, how busy does it get? All that stuff, all info appreciated.

This is the way.

In other news, I'm taking my 10 year old to the Monday
Did you manage to your smaller human? Any tips for spitfire

I'm not going to recommend anything as I always seem to crash land, drink too much and magically appear back home eventually.

I think you are out east spitfire so overground to shepherds bush then a walk from there? That might be easiest and you get a build up on the walk rather than landing in the middle of the fun?

Maybe plan places to escape to if the crowds are a bit much? I accidentally ended up in Westbourne Green Open Space which was pretty quiet.

I'm not going to recommend anything as I always seem to crash land, drink too much and magically appear back home eventually.

I think you are out east spitfire so overground to shepherds bush then a walk from there? That might be easiest and you get a build up on the walk rather than landing in the middle of the fun?

Maybe plan places to escape to if the crowds are a bit much? I accidentally ended up in Westbourne Green Open Space which was pretty quiet.

Overground a good shout. Mini Fire not big on crowds or the tube so we should probably try that.

I haven’t been for years but Mlle Fire suggested we take Mini Fire on kids day.

Any tips? What’s the best time to get there, how busy does it get? All that stuff, all info appreciated.
Gazs ROcking blues corner is pretty family freindly and has space IME, and easy to approach from NH tube station

Gazs ROcking blues corner is pretty family freindly and has space IME.

Thanks good recommendation. I am also going to try and say hello to Trevor and Mikey Dread from Channel One. Haven’t seen them for years. Not since before Mini Fire was born.

Ear defenders might be a good shout if you have some?

Yes they’re a must have. Mini Fire isn’t on the spectrum as far as we know but she really, really doesn’t like loud noises. So we’ll be very careful on that front.

She seemed to manage at Taylor Swift alright though… :D

We usually get the overground to Kensal then drop down to Aba.

Occasionally have got the Central to either Queensway or NH (quieter coming in from Queensway but proper Carnival vibes from NH) and head into south east corner, Solution, Gaz, C1, Disya, Different Strokes, and others all in close proximity.

We tend to either stay NW or SE corner, never both. Prefer NW for the food.

Getting excited now.

Gonna be sad too, me Dad died bank holiday Monday last year, he’d have loved Carnival when he was a young man.

Thanks good recommendation. I am also going to try and say hello to Trevor and Mikey Dread from Channel One. Haven’t seen them for years. Not since before Mini Fire was born.
rammed - id love to go there too but its too stressful now unless you get there really early
its just up the road from Gazs though, so would say head Gazs first and see how far you get in the crowds

Well, we went early hours on the Sunday, she and my wife left about an hour or so after we got there. I stayed on.

She thought it was too loud, found the crouds a little overwelming and bemoned the lack of Taylor Swift songs being played (?!?!). I think she was too young, and I only hope that we didn't put her off. We should have brought ear defenders, and it was dumb of us not to bring 'em. I think if she had been a couple of years older (i.e. 12-13) she might have liked it more. Who knows.

I think the crush and excess of Monday would have been even worse tho.

Can’t believe it’s August bank holiday weekend this weekend, summer has flown by.

I think you said before ska invita mate that as much as you love carnival weekend it’s bittersweet cos it’s a sign that summer is over/close to being over.

It’s definitely going to be Sunday for me as have plans with Mrs Numbers for Monday. Gonna be a solo run too, but 9 times out of 10 I bump into someone I know.

Can’t wait.

Reckon I have a plan for Sunday. Get to Paddington from Whitechapel on the Lizard line for 10/10.30. Go to the parade, swing by Channel One to say hello if possible, then see what happens guided by suggestions above. I imagine we’ll be out of there by 1.

Thanks for guidance gang.

Reckon I have a plan for Sunday. Get to Paddington from Whitechapel on the Lizard line for 10/10.30. Go to the parade, swing by Channel One to say hello if possible, then see what happens guided by suggestions above. I imagine we’ll be out of there by 1.

Thanks for guidance gang.
Fancy a beer? I’ll be up there early too, prob Noon latest.

Can’t believe it’s August bank holiday weekend this weekend, summer has flown by.

I think you said before ska invita mate that as much as you love carnival weekend it’s bittersweet cos it’s a sign that summer is over/close to being over.

It’s definitely going to be Sunday for me as have plans with Mrs Numbers for Monday. Gonna be a solo run too, but 9 times out of 10 I bump into someone I know.

Can’t wait.
Yes feel exactly the same, I could've written that same post ! Solution for me... Becoming a rarity to catch them, hackney one has gone as has white cross street as has whatever that park one was in the past (can't remember the name any more)

A thought I had this morning, do sounds pack up on Sunday night and set up again on Monday or is any of the kit left out?

I think I'll be doing sunday, mainly shuffling between Gladys, trellick tower for float, and maybe aba....
The whole gaz's, solution, channel one etc stretch is a bit busy for me.
My bike will br parked by harrow road footbridge, so easy to get in and out.

I think I'll be doing sunday, mainly shuffling between Gladys, trellick tower for float, and maybe aba....
The whole gaz's, solution, channel one etc stretch is a bit busy for me.
My bike will br parked by harrow road footbridge, so easy to get in and out.
If you reach Gazs come and look for us! Xx

Back
Top Bottom