Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Notting Hill Carnival 2022

I was quite taken aback with the amount of people doing balloons.

That was starting to be more visible a few years back from what I remember (I may have also bought a balloon once or twice in previous years…. in fact I remember nearly passing out after doing one as my brain rattled in time to the dub echo 😵)

I was pissed with Channel One being totally disorganised and not getting any sound out till gone three o clock.
Had a great time though.

Got tired legs today.

Not such a bad thing imo.
I do agree to a degree, however what a spectacular celebration it is, it should be celebrated and shared more, the mix of young and old, all shades of colour, all shapes - everyone really letting go and enjoying themselves in such a shared experience. The vibes there y/day were beautiful and Aba was tearing it down - you'd be hard pressed to get some clean footage from there tho' but there's a lot of Carnival which can be.

I went solo y/day and loved it, I stayed at Aba for 4 hours which is something I never get to do if with mi familia/friends, but I also missed being with them.

Beautiful day out.

Sadly, not going back today.. hanging out with Mrs N, having a BBQ/Mojitos etc. and have the Minirigs primed.

I was supposed to be at aba shanti today. looks fucking cool as always. i wouldnt have expected to get advice on my diet though :D

Need a track ID.

Yesterday the Maniaks float were playing something that started off with 3 or 4 questions;

Where ya going?
Where ya bin?
What's your name?

Then the chorus was;

None of your fucking business
None of your fucking business.

Or something like that.

Anyone know it?

It's one of the Top Stories on BBC News app so not sure how much more coverage you expect - or would really want, last thing it needs is more tourists or patronising (or worse) commentary.

went on sunday, very much enjoyed it, especially channel one soundsytem. getting between the sound systems was a nightmare though but no complaints.

stuck the name of the rapper who was stabbed into youtube. first thing that came up was all about him 'chinging' this person, that person etc etc. 😞

Don Sinclair's highlights reel
ft Channel One, King Tubbys, Lord Gelly's, New Sensation & More

meanwhile im still ill :mad:

Back
Top Bottom