Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

NHL

Another shite season but at least we broke the predators 8 win streak. Suzuki in overtime.

Maybe a corner is being turned, doubt it though.

Habs fan here. Been to the Bell Centre three times to see them.

last time i was in montreal i thought i might see the canadiens, a hockey rite sort of, but it was against ottawa, in christmas week, and had probably been sold our 10 years earlier.

last time i was in montreal i thought i might see the canadiens, a hockey rite sort of, but it was against ottawa, in christmas week, and had probably been sold our 10 years earlier.
Yeah, near impossible to get tickets. I was lucky each time because a neighbour of my in laws is a season ticket holder and gives my in laws tickets a couple of times a year. Haven’t been for an age but it’s like going to a rugby game in NZ, the odd drunk teen and lots of people watching intently.

A couple of big brawls in tonight's Leafs v Bruins game.
Leafs just gone 4-1 down at the end of the 2nd though.

Leafs v Habs tonight.
Site is geoblocked for users in Canada or the US but if you use a VPN and select a country outside of North America you can see all games live. The site recommends you choose UK, Japan or Germany.

Last edited:
Leafs v Habs tonight.
Site is geoblocked for users in Canada or the US but if you use a VPN and select a country outside of North America you can see all games live. The site recommends you choose UK, Japan or Germany.

i remember 1993 (i am just that kind of hockey geezer) when it might have been leafs-habs in the cup finals. i looked forward to feeling an earthquake in manhattan from the energy in canada, but no, it was LA. though that produced the hit mcsorley put on gilmour,. all hail wendell clark.

Last edited:
i remember 1993 (i am just that kind of hockey geezer) when it might have been leafs-habs in the cup finals. i looked forward to feeling an earthquake in manhattan from the energy in canada, but no, it was LA. though that produced the hit mcsorley put on gilmour,. all hail wendell clark.

That's an evil hit on Dougie.

Who are the habs? I thought it was the canadiens?
Also known as Les Habitants.

Why Are the Montreal Canadiens Called the Habs?​

One of the most common nicknames for players and fans of this NHL team is “the Habs.” This is short for “Les habitants” or “the habitants.” According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary, a habitant is “a settler or descendant of a settler of French origin working as a farmer in Canada.”

Habitant or Hab as a nickname for the Canadiens appears to have its roots in a mistake made by Tex Rickard, former owner of Madison Square Garden in New York. In a 1924 interview, he apparently told a reporter that the “H” in the Canadiens’ logo stood for “Habitants”.

This, however, is not true. Regardless, the nickname caught on.
Leafs 3-2 up.

Last edited:
Who are the habs? I thought it was the canadiens?
Also, unkindly known as the toilet seats due to their logo.

Zz1hNDNlM2UxMDUwN2IxMWVkODk5MjVlYjRmODBiMWQwNw==

God, I really hate this St Patrick's day kit the Leafs wear every year.
Has no one ever told them that green is an unlucky colour?

it's genuine throwback, at least.
It's a marketing ploy to sell Jerseys.
A tradition going all the way back to 2017.
They were only called Toronto St Pats for 8 years (1909-1927) at a time when Toronto was nicknamed little Belfast.
Be more fitting to call it little Jamaica now and have them in natty red, gold and green.

Anyway, that's my annual rant over.
0-0 against the Canes with 5 to go in the first.
Samsonov playing a blinder in goal again.

Back
Top Bottom