Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Charlotte Dujardin not competing in dressage after whipping video emerges

I've just looked at PETA's website about the Olympics which goes wider and further, mainly about the use of animal skins in sponsors products.

At risk of unleashing the wrath of the Urban horde, on watching the video, the whip was being flicked rather than 'swung'. I doubt if it injured the horse in any way.

I do agree with the premise that you should not hit animals though, and would like to see whips removed from horse racing, where the horse is struck much harder than Dujardin did.

Perhaps people should stick to riding bikes not horses, at least for competitive purposes.
Another alternative would be piggy back racing where use of whips or crops is to be encouraged.

Perhaps people should stick to riding bikes not horses, at least for competitive purposes.
Another alternative would be piggy back racing where use of whips or crops is to be encouraged.

Horse racing per se, I'm much more conflicted about. Over the sticks you often see horses which have unseated their rider racing along with the others.

No whips though.

Back
Top Bottom