Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Charlotte Dujardin not competing in dressage after whipping video emerges

We have plenty of new posters here, yet you're the only one who has causing posters to report your behaviour.

Why do you think that might be? Any ideas?

I had already pointed that out, I thought it was working, but no. :(

Oh, just seen your edit, and reason for banning them, 'Egotistical, hypocritical serial thread disruptor', that seems reasonable.

Would anyone like to discuss horses and dressage?

Dressage was originally derived from cavalry moves btw, but in its modern form represents horse and rider being in harmony and working together - and you don't whip a horse to the point of fear to get to that level of partnership.

Pretty sure that was Tanyabunchofnumbers again.

I'm surprised, I always thought she'd be likely to be more into dressage, not less :confused:

Also she shouldn't be surprised at my foul language as a returning previously banned poster.

I did wonder that too actually

It may be a coincidence but she came up on a thread in community on Monday (though she couldn’t have known that I suppose)
If someone tagged her, she could have got a notification about it.

I always thought I got on with her OK though, so if it was her, I'm extremely surprised at her level of vitriol towards me.
I know not everyone likes me, but that was quite extreme.

I don't see why they couldn't have been a new poster who happened to also be a bit of an arse tbh.
True there's more than one arse in the world, but an arse who particularly wants to converse about dressage narrows it down to oh me and about 3 other people in the UK, and I can argue with myself quite happily by mesself at home ta :D

So the whole 'this is why we domesticated horses and not zebras' thing. Zebras would've been so much cooler. :oops:
Until they all decide to fuck off a couple of thousand miles away during breeding season or whatever it is they get up to :D

• Sad
Reactions: Sue
There is a theory regarding dog domestication that is basically 'dogs appeared to scavenge for scraps at human campsites'.

But there is a rival theory from Raymond Pierotti and Brandy Fogg that humans and wolves initially came together to take part in cooperative hunting.

Pierotti and Fogg stress the potentially active role played in this by the wolves, observing humans and seeing how they might be useful to them, and suggest that the wolves might even have attempted to show the humans new ways to hunt. A similar thing has happened between dolphins and humans. Where cooperative fishing between dolphins and humans has developed, it has been the dolphins who have initiated the contact.

That's disputed, but it's not so disputed that the process of domestication has affected both humans and dogs. We've domesticated dogs, but dogs have also domesticated us. It's not just been one-way. One of the effects of dog domestication has been a reduction in brain size. Wolves are smarter than domestic dogs.
How have dogs domesticated us?

You know that cute way they tilt their heads

Why do we find that cute?
If we're doing a random animal facts derail, you know how chickens tilt and turn their heads to look at stuff? It's not because they're being cute and curious, it's because their eyes work differently. The right eye is nearsighted and good for seeing stuff like food on the ground closed by, and the left eye is farsighted and good for spotting predators and other things at a greater distance. Their vision develops like this because the way they turn in their eggs when it's nearly time to hatch means the right eye is facing outwards and being exposed to light while the left eye is turned in towards their body.

If we're doing a random animal facts derail, you know how chickens tilt and turn their heads to look at stuff? It's not because they're being cute and curious, it's because their eyes work differently. The right eye is nearsighted and good for seeing stuff like food on the ground closed by, and the left eye is farsighted and good for spotting predators and other things at a greater distance. Their vision develops like this because the way they turn in their eggs when it's nearly time to hatch means the right eye is facing outwards and being exposed to light while the left eye is turned in towards their body.

Top post :thumbs:

What happens if they are given corrective bifocals?

Back
Top Bottom