Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Charlotte Dujardin not competing in dressage after whipping video emerges

I didn't realise I'd have to hold off posting until I 'understood' the forum?

Take this as advice from someone who came on here guns blazing...and got their ass kicked a LOT harder than you're getting now..

Sit back. Enjoy. Read. Post.
And....avoid reacting to criticism of your posts.
Your opinion is your opinion. Fine.
But understand that posters here will at times dissect your opinion.
And they'll engage with your posts.
They won't necessarily agree with you. Just as you won't agree with their posts. And we will not always be polite... or indeed dignified.. 😁
Don't take it personally or to heart.
If you can remain objective..and not take yourself seriously...or anyone else seriously....then maybe you will find it ok here.

I didn't realise I'd have to hold off posting until I 'understood' the forum?

I don't think cupid_stunt is saying don't post at all, they're suggesting reading a bit more and posting a bit less and with a bit more thought than you appear to be doing.

Respond rather than react, as my therapist sometimes suggests.

You don't have to do that, of course, it's just a bit of advice.

You're far from the first person to arrive here and get off on the wrong foot with a few people, and I'm sure you won't be the last.

And at least you haven't started a "look at me" thread to introduce yourself. There really would be no way back from that.

It's sad to hear the bad press brought via this cruel and hopefully one off case.
Dressage is a beautiful and highly skilled art and commitment between rider and horse. The dedication and years of sharing time and feelings between your horse is on another level, you truly do think and move as one....perfection on every level and a closeness not many share, even with other people....I'll leave it there as I'm starting to sound weird :oops::D

I do love horse 😍

oooo I seem to have walked into something :(

It's sad to hear the bad press brought via this cruel and hopefully one off case.
Dressage is a beautiful and highly skilled art and commitment between rider and horse. The dedication and years of sharing time and feelings between your horse is on another level, you truly do think and move as one....perfection on every level and a closeness not many share, even with other people....I'll leave it there as I'm starting to sound weird :oops::D

I do love horse 😍

oooo I seem to have walked into something :(

More like "pranced" 😁

It's all about food innit? Most wildlife will keep coming back if you offer food. That wildlife becomes comfortable around you and boom, before we know it a wild animal becomes domesticated.

Well maybe it takes a few hundred years to develop full domestication but food and it's supply is how we've ended up with pets.
Isnt that more conditioning than training as in Pavlov's dog.

Back
Top Bottom