Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The opening ceremony (the only good bit of the whole thing, in theory, although reality has not quite lived up to that billing)

"A flaming balloon that will burn throughout the games" sounded rather less impressive than I imagine was intended :D

Fuck it, I really had it in my head to just completely avoid all the tourist spots while I'm over there next week, but I might just have to check 'em out now.

I got a bit emotional. Finally. Probably being awake for so long and all the wine I’ve had to drink. Who’d have thought Céline Dion and a hot air balloon would finally deliver the spectacle.

Say what you like about Céline Dion, she can sing.

Yep. Not a fan. I have a vinyl record of hers that I bought for my GF because to me Celine and Mariah are the same thing. I managed to hurriedly wrap the right gift and still have this special edition Celine Dion lying around.

Some day I'll notice that a friend secretly loves Celine and I will have an unexpectedly ideal gift that I will never be able to give to them without admitting to my GF that I didn't remember which warbler she loves.

This is getting ridiculous...RTE joirnalist said "there's another few legs in this relay".

🙄
Having just arrived home am catching up but will head to my bed soon..
Caught some of the ceremony in pub - seemed to be chucking it down..
Saw poor piano player totally drenched...
there's another few legs in this relay
Sorry - confused ...
Are athletes being given extra limbs?
No problem with this for competitors who do not have requisite number of legs..
Actually think my interpretation of legs in this context is wrong..
Not watching tv - that might be useful ...!
Ooohhh - Celine - fuck that - definitely going to bed..
Her elongated holding of notes will last longer than this Paris Olympics...

Back
Top Bottom