Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Charlotte Dujardin not competing in dressage after whipping video emerges

What happens if they are given corrective bifocals?

Well they don't need them, do they. Chickens, it seems, already have built-in bifocal vision.

It might be a laugh to give one a pair of glasses with a short-vision prescription on the left lens, and a distance one on the right though.

Well they don't need them, do they. Chickens, it seems, already have built-in bifocal vision.

It might be a laugh to give one a pair of glasses with a short-vision prescription on the left lens, and a distance one on the right though.

The bifocals would allow them to have binocular vision, albeit within a fairly limited range in the middle of their field of view. If chickens could estimate distance better, they would be able to participate in motorsports and darts.

If every dressage competitor was filmed in training snd banned for mistreatment I dont think there would be any competitors left.

Would anyone like to discuss horses and dressage?

Dressage was originally derived from cavalry moves btw, but in its modern form represents horse and rider being in harmony and working together - and you don't whip a horse to the point of fear to get to that level of partnership.

A bit like some of the moves they teach at the Spanish Riding School - isn't that actually in Vienna ?

I'm thinking of the capriole in particular ...

Hm, all this talk of "let's give chickens glasses!" has me immediately thinking of Ian Malcolm:

ozgk7yjyy4591.jpg

The inability to fashion corrective lenses may be the only thing preventing chickens from becoming the dominant species on Earth :eek: :(

If every dressage competitor was filmed in training snd banned for mistreatment I dont think there would be any competitors left.
Probably true and there's a hell of a lot of much more important things to get worked up about than some woman whipping a horse.

Pretty sure that was Tanyabunchofnumbers again.
Were they the one who was worrying obsessed about children doing their coats up or the one that was probably a man pretending to be a woman who was massively into stranger sex? I get those two* mixed up.

* both had multiple log ons after bans.

If we're doing a random animal facts derail, you know how chickens tilt and turn their heads to look at stuff? It's not because they're being cute and curious, it's because their eyes work differently. The right eye is nearsighted and good for seeing stuff like food on the ground closed by, and the left eye is farsighted and good for spotting predators and other things at a greater distance. Their vision develops like this because the way they turn in their eggs when it's nearly time to hatch means the right eye is facing outwards and being exposed to light while the left eye is turned in towards their body.

I never knew this, it’s amazing. Insert Captain Birdseye joke here…

Were they the one who was worrying obsessed about children doing their coats up or the one that was probably a man pretending to be a woman who was massively into stranger sex? I get those two* mixed up.

She referred to children's genitalia in a post and didn’t like people wearing shorts in cities, didn’t let her son wear them IIRC

If we're doing a random animal facts derail, you know how chickens tilt and turn their heads to look at stuff? It's not because they're being cute and curious, it's because their eyes work differently. The right eye is nearsighted and good for seeing stuff like food on the ground closed by, and the left eye is farsighted and good for spotting predators and other things at a greater distance. Their vision develops like this because the way they turn in their eggs when it's nearly time to hatch means the right eye is facing outwards and being exposed to light while the left eye is turned in towards their body.
I'm a chicken!

This is what I have instead of bifocals to resolve short sightedness versus age. I wear one lens in my right eye for long distance and the left eye is lens-free for reading. My endearing head tilt needs work.

I think it's monofocal. The left can only do distance. The right can only do close up.

After I had my first cataract operation I was walking round with one eye pretty well perfect long vision and other eye short sighted so I could see close up. I nearly left them like that but I'm glad I didn't because the other eye got pretty well perfect long vision with both eyes good close-up too, only needing reading glasses for print that's too small for the human eye.

As I get older I notice much more when designers get too involved with product labels so you can get loads of the 'white space' they favour so much and tiny fucking writing if you want to know what's in there or how you use it :mad:

If a battery chicken it wont need its vision corrected (a) because they are barely able to move and (b) they have an average life span of a year, which is also why they grow few feathers. A free range or organic chicken could live up to 10 years and has a right to roam, it which case its vision might need correcting.

I don't think this one was Tanya1983 or whatever. Very different posting style and on different topics. This one was just annoying, seagulling their reckons and if X happened to me I'd do Y stuff.

Tardigrades look like Kim Jong-Un (or he looked like a tardigrade when he was a real fat fucker).

(Yes, I realise that's an insult to tardigrades...).
There's plenty of issues to debate about dictators like himself, but comparing him to an animal and body shaming... isn't really a good or genuine start.

Same posting strategy. Post some outrageous pish about how they would do everything so much better, wind everyone up into responding to that, make every thread they post on become all about them.

There are many shocking stories online regarding horse abuse and this is just one. Where have you heard those words before "it's not normally how I train horses" etc.

Back
Top Bottom