Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Charlotte Dujardin not competing in dressage after whipping video emerges

You've just confirmed what I said. Newbies are treated differently. You're allowed to insult me, but when I retaliate, I get called out for it.

I'm actually not one who accuses newbies of being other returned banned posters, I've never done that.
You can check my posting history if you like, I tend to be very welcoming and take people at face value.

You've been rude to me all day, falsely accused me of reporting you, and any time I reply it's because I'm following you around the boards or I've got it in for newbies.

No, it's because you've behaved like an utter cock towards me. Nothing more and nothing less than that.

I'm actually not one who accuses newbies of being other returned banned posters, I've never done that.
You can check my posting history if you like, I tend to be very welcoming and take people at face value.

You've been rude to me all day, falsely accused me of reporting you, and any time I reply it's because I'm following you around the boards or I've got it in for newbies.

No, it's because you've behaved like an utter cock towards me. Nothing more and nothing less than that.
You've been rude to me as well, so what do you want? Calling me a cock is funny, given that I'm a woman.

Dogs. cats and horses are all animals that have been domesticated for several millennia at the least, the idea that they are not naturally living alongside human settlements at this point is quite frankly absurd.

We've made this come about, we've made their numbers increase, we now need to treat them with kindness but suggesting they should be living in some sort of wild way is like mate the ship sailed on that several thousand years ago.

Has anyone actually said that?

If they have, you're obviously right, it's simply not possible.

But that's quite a long way from saying that because animals were domesticated thousands of years ago, all the things we've got those animals to do over those thousands of years is still OK, simply because of history, which is what some of your posts suggest to me.

Some of my posts are defensive because certain members on here have been offensive. I don't see anything wrong with that. I will defend my opinions. If people don't like it, tough shit.
Yeah but ..come on..you've accused someone of stuff they did not do...stuff that does actually cause problems on a board .. You made it personal and accusatory... that's a million miles from defending a point of view or an opinion. ..you do realise that? I'm not trying to make you feel bad btw.. just .. look..you probably could enjoy being here if you took a deep breath, stepped back and saw it all for what it is.

Has anyone actually said that?

If they have, you're obviously right, it's simply not possible.

But that's quite a long way from saying that because animals were domesticated thousands of years ago, all the things we've got those animals to do over those thousands of years is still OK, simply because of history, which is what some of your posts suggest to me.
I admire you for bringing us back on track...
Reining us in...
Let's just tackle our different opinions on the subject and get back in the saddle..

Yeah but ..come on..you've accused someone of stuff they did not do...stuff that does actually cause problems on a board .. You made it personal and accusatory... that's a million miles from defending a point of view or an opinion. ..you do realise that? I'm not trying to make you feel bad btw.. just .. look..you probably could enjoy being here if you took a deep breath, stepped back and saw it all for what it is.
I'd like to enjoy my time here, as I can see a lot of humour that I can relate to, and join in with.

Of course, but other members have been personal to me as well. It's not all one sided. I joined to have reasoned discussions and a bit of fun.

The real question is, why have they suddenly turned up?

The only question which is really important is what people do and how they behave once they get here, not how long they've been here or why they're here.

From what I've seen, you have stated your opinions pretty forcefully, which is fine, and others have stated their disagreement equally forcefully, which is fine too.

But you seem to have quickly managed to get into quite a few rows with quite a different few people across at least two threads that I'm aware of, and in my experience when people do that it reflects more on them and the way they respond to disagreement and criticism than the people doing the disagreeing and criticising, even if some of it is unjustified.

Unfortunately, when people are new, they sometimes react in ways they might not of had they been here for longer and been more aware of established dynamics, including when to simply ignore (some) people's comments rather than feel the need to fight every little thing you disagree with.

The only question which is really important is what people do and how they behave once they get here, not how long they've been here or why they're here.

From what I've seen, you have stated your opinions pretty forcefully, which is fine, and others have stated their disagreement equally forcefully, which is fine too.

But you seem to have quickly managed to get into quite a few rows with quite a different few people across at least two threads that I'm aware of, and in my experience when people do that it reflects more on them and the way they respond to disagreement and criticism than the people doing the disagreeing and criticising, even if some of it is unjustified.

Unfortunately, when people are new, they sometimes react in ways they might not of had they been here for longer and been more aware of established dynamics, including when to simply ignore (some) people's comments rather than feel the need to fight every little thing you disagree with.
I think you missed my post where I admitted I'd got the wrong end of the stick

As I've said previously, it's not all one sided and other members have been just as argumentative and insulting

And don't be so precious if people swear.
I've been living in East London long enough that if I use local dialect, I don't want to feel like some Harrow schoolmarm is breathing down my neck telling me to speak properly.

I'll swear if I fucking want to, if I say the word cock I am celebrating it.
It is not going to go down well with me if I say something and you respond "oooh you used a bad word" like you're my fucking grandmother (who was actually pretty good at swearing).

Back
Top Bottom