Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Newcastle United 2021/22

Ugh, have hated Ashely since he got involved, arguably hastened my break-up with the club, but Saudi investors is like Hannibal Lecter saving you from Buffalo Bill.
on the positive side i hear that their first purchase is going to be saeed al-owairan, who will be the new newcastle striker in the hope he can score more like this

Previously we have been owned by a beguiling cavalcade of local robber barons, Thatcherite carpetbaggers , asset strippers and retail shitbags & were firmly championship level. Now we are entering the premier league of despot dictator robber murderer owned outfits

Maybe they'll get the wrong St James' Park and buy Exeter City instead

Previously we have been owned by a beguiling cavalcade of local robber barons, Thatcherite carpetbaggers , asset strippers and retail shitbags & were firmly championship level. Now we are entering the premier league of despot dictator robber murderer owned outfits
not the premier league but the european super league

The vast vast majority of nufc fans I have come across home and away would not give a shit if Kim jong un bought it . I know some who are rightfully concerned at the RSA coming in but most are not

There's a rather well written piece on the True Faith site. Quick snippet:

"It is the club for the city, the Tyneside sprawl and its hinterland in Northumberland and Durham. It is the club of Denton and Darras Hall. It is the club of the growing diverse communities of Tyneside and of those who trace their roots back hundreds of years in these parts. It is the club of men, women, boys, girls, every shade, every religion, every shape and size. All different, all equal.

That includes the people who have misgivings about this takeover and some of our friends we share this club with have legitimate concerns that should not be dismissed. Some of us, me included have made accommodations with who the new owners are and it can make us uncomfortable.

It serves us ill to dismiss or insult those friends of ours, no matter how small in number they are. Our conscience is our strength not our flaw.

But Newcastle United and its supporters cannot be the moral conscience of the nation no matter how much we will be petitioned to play that role.

Our new era needs to cross a bridge between that old, precious identity to the new where we welcome a partnership with new people and embroider that into the fabric of our club. But we also need to recognise some of our number will struggle to make that journey as readily as others. They remain part of us."

There's a rather well written piece on the True Faith site. Quick snippet:

"It is the club for the city, the Tyneside sprawl and its hinterland in Northumberland and Durham. It is the club of Denton and Darras Hall. It is the club of the growing diverse communities of Tyneside and of those who trace their roots back hundreds of years in these parts. It is the club of men, women, boys, girls, every shade, every religion, every shape and size. All different, all equal.

That includes the people who have misgivings about this takeover and some of our friends we share this club with have legitimate concerns that should not be dismissed. Some of us, me included have made accommodations with who the new owners are and it can make us uncomfortable.

It serves us ill to dismiss or insult those friends of ours, no matter how small in number they are. Our conscience is our strength not our flaw.

But Newcastle United and its supporters cannot be the moral conscience of the nation no matter how much we will be petitioned to play that role.

Our new era needs to cross a bridge between that old, precious identity to the new where we welcome a partnership with new people and embroider that into the fabric of our club. But we also need to recognise some of our number will struggle to make that journey as readily as others. They remain part of us."

Sorry but that is a load of old tut.

maybe the people who "will struggle to make that journey as readily as others" should be the ones tolerating you, not the other way round?

Nothing special about Newcastle fans, I'm sure a lot of other supporters would welcome Saudi investment as well, but they're twats too. It's not about being the "moral conscience of the nation" (I mean, seriously, get over yourselves), it's about being bothered about what happens to your club, to the team you support, where success comes from.

Fucking depressing, in lots of ways.

I mean, the holdup seems to have been that Saudi Arabia had blocked one of the approved TV channels and made their own.
That’s was the crunch issue as it was effectively a pirate channel broadcasting both the EPL and Euro Leagues . The adjustment of the funding of the club from state to an arms length arrangement is just to satisfy the accountants.

That’s was the crunch issue as it was effectively a pirate channel broadcasting both the EPL and Euro Leagues . The adjustment of the funding of the club from state to an arms dealer etc. length arrangement is just to satisfy the accountants.
🙄

Sorry but that is a load of old tut.

maybe the people who "will struggle to make that journey as readily as others" should be the ones tolerating you, not the other way round?

Nothing special about Newcastle fans, I'm sure a lot of other supporters would welcome Saudi investment as well, but they're twats too. It's not about being the "moral conscience of the nation" (I mean, seriously, get over yourselves), it's about being bothered about what happens to your club, to the team you support, where success comes from.

Fucking depressing, in lots of ways.
Yep. Absolute bollocks.

But hey! Let's ignore the human rights abuses and opposition from Amnesty when there's trophies to win.

On the other side of this coin, don't Newcastle become one of the wealthiest clubs. It's hard to feel sorry for Ashley when you consider what he received for this

Back
Top Bottom