Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Newcastle United 2021/22

fuckijng hell. I should be pleased about this but im not.yes I would like to return to the KK days when it was possible, just possible to do something worthwhile but still have a connection to the place. There might even be silverware incoming in the next few years I would guess but if it turns out like PSG or one of those awful brit clubs that bulldozes its way to success with dirty cash doesn't sit right. There is talk of slabs of blud geld being air dropped into the region for good causes as part of the cuddlificiation of the KSA. for fucks sake. its not just about winning, it about the journey.

Obviously the Saudi Arabia takeover of Newcastle is grim - what a choice them or the miserable vision of British capital embodied by Ashley - but it also appears a bit odd that some people are keener on holding Newcastle fans to greater account than the UK government, BAE Systems or the City of London when it comes to arrangements with the Saudi regime.

What do we think are the odds on Newcastle being relegated this season?

JS89669074.jpg

We will likely see the SauGeordies make some quick changes to management plus invest in increased training, medical and other backroom staff 🤔

However no new players till January. No doubt there is huge budget to spend and my guess is they will buy big and probably stay up :hmm: would be amusing/annoying to see the SauGeordies first fall season being in the championship, especially if they have spent heavily on players/wages.

Obviously the Saudi Arabia takeover of Newcastle is grim - what a choice them or the miserable vision of British capital embodied by Ashley - but it also appears a bit odd that some people are keener on holding Newcastle fans to greater account than the UK government, BAE Systems or the City of London when it comes to arrangements with the Saudi regime.

Yeah, but I already think those people are evil.

The new owners have also spoken to Alan Shearer and Kevin Keegan, both of whom endured difficult managerial stints during Mike Ashley's regime, about potential roles with the club.

I say this acknowledging my own history with and affection for the club, but I do think it's interesting that it's a club like Newcastle that this has happened to.

Aside from local rivalries, I get the sense that generally Newcastle have been a club that other fans are often fond of, or at least don't really have animosity towards.

Also, they're quite a 'characterful' club (apologies, I honestly can't think of a better way to put it), a club sitting in the centre of the city, both geographically and culturally, with their passionate, often slightly barmy and overenthusiastic, traditionally shirtless fans (though appreciate some will also consider them to have delusions of grandeur).

That's why I think it'll be interesting to see how perception plays out, as that generally favourable, possibly affectionate, image clashes with suddenly being the rich boys of the league, courtesy of owners that are arguably an order of magnitude above pretty much anyone British football has seen in the cuntitude stakes.

Last edited:
Mike Ashley to buy Sunderland next and fund the manager to the hilt bringing Pogba, Mbappe and Haaland to the Stadium of Light?
Have been wondering about how Ashley feels about all this. He got his sale, don't know the figures but have to assume for a tidy profit; does he care how he's thought of?

Genuinely don't know, can easily see he might be proud enough to be pissed off, but can equally see him not really giving a crap as long as he's got his cash.

I say this acknowledging my own history with and affection for the club, but I do think it's interesting that it's a club like Newcastle that this has happened to.

Aside from local rivalries, I get the sense that generally Newcastle have been a club that other fans are often fond of, or at least don't really have animosity towards.

Also, they're quite a 'characterful' club (apologies, I honestly can't think of a better way to put it), a club sitting in the centre of the city, both geographically and culturally, with their passionate, often slightly barmy and overenthusiastic, traditionally shirtless fans (though appreciate some will also consider them to have delusions of grandeur).

That's why I think it'll be interesting to see how perception plays out, as that generally favourable, possibly affectionate, image clashes with suddenly being the rich boys of the league, courtesy of owners that are arguably an order of magnitude above pretty much anyone British football has seen in the cuntitude stakes.

Can anyone tell me how Man City were perceived before they were bought? Obviously not the same profile as Newcastle yet they had some cult players like Shaun Goater, did a bit of yo-yo-ing up/down the leagues and got plus points for not being Man Utd. I can remember people being somewhat pleased when they pipped Man Utd to the league on the final day, but ofc that's more down to a general hatred of Utd and the manner of how they won (what a player that Aguero) than anything else.

I'm only old enough to remember them being shit with Stuart Pierce in charge and have vague memories of Joe (not Jim as I initially typed) Royale.

lol! the fans are delusional crybaby oss punchers. the club itself is shit and miserable. they are the least likeable club in the north east. and blaydon races is a shit song.

Can anyone tell me how Man City were perceived before they were bought? Obviously not the same profile as Newcastle yet they had some cult players like Shaun Goater, did a bit of yo-yo-ing up/down the leagues and got plus points for not being Man Utd. I can remember people being somewhat pleased when they pipped Man Utd to the league on the final day, but ofc that's more down to a general hatred of Utd and the manner of how they won (what a player that Aguero) than anything else.

I'm only old enough to remember them being shit with Stuart Pierce in charge and have vague memories of Joe (not Jim as I initially typed) Royale.
Remember when they went down always had a good following and Maine Road was a good trip by all accounts. Don't think they got much Ill will especially as United were massively hated during those early years.

They had two buy outs - original guy was a dodgy Thai Politician iirc. He's in Prison now.

Back
Top Bottom