Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Championship 2021-22

Fulham fan Paul Parish had a cardiac arrest during the home game against Blackpool two Saturdays ago. The game was stopped for 45 minutes whilst he received treatment in the Hammersmith End but he sadly passed away after he'd got to hospital.

After the Millwall game last night this happened.....

The Millwall fans were impeccable during the minutes applause on the 11th minutes and all joined in. They were class.

Mitro's on fire. Your defence is terrified!

We have played only a 3rd of the season. He's in the form of his life. And before I get the predictable "He cant do it in the premiership" line, he scored 11 goals when we were promoted 2 times ago (not last season when Parker hardly played him).

View attachment 295126

Its now...

30 goals
7 assists

I was a few rows back from the unfortunate man at the Blackpool game. At first i thought people in that row were waving at a friend by the stairwells, until it became clear they were not stopping and it got more and more frantic :(. I later spoke to a man who was sat beside Paul Parish at the time and he was distraught. Was a funny old day at the cottage, obviously not in a good way.

Nice to see the team doing that last night. Good result too.

The BBC Sports website is reporting Derby could run out of cash by February
I'm not sure I understand or appreciate this. From the little I have seen, I gather the Derby debt is in the region of £60 million. A check search reveals their owner, Mel Morris is worth
around £515 million. I get that people can have limited liability and force things into administration when they feel the debts have overwhelmed them or they don't see a future yet it is
clear that he has more than enough to clear this up. Clearly he is not a football fan and/or lover of Derby and he was in it purely as a business venture.
On the positive side I hear the fans and players are all very positive and are make a damn good fight of their plight.

Reading are doing my head in at moment. After one point from 10 games, we sack the manager after a 3-2 away win.

I am genuinely baffled by it as a decision.
Pauno should have been sacked a month ago. was gobsmacked when I first heard it had happened, given the context, but it has clearly been in the pipeline for a few days, with Ince's appointed announced so quickly.

Pauno seems like a decent bloke who was just out of his depth, given the transfer bans and injuries. Even today though, we nearly blew it from 3-0 up.

Like I did with Pauno, I'll wait and see what I think of Ince. He has some pedigree as a player obv, but also for hoiking teams up out of trouble. But he hasn't managed a team for 8 years.

As ever - "I can take the disappointment, it's the hope I can't bear".

ETA - I nearly cried with joy when we went three up! Then slumped into despair at 2-3!

Should be a decent game - if you'd played us a month ago, i would've predicted an easy win for you. We have six first team players out, including both CB's but we're actually playing quite well since we signed lyle taylor, oniel hernandez and junior bacuna, all very good players at this level - in fact, i'm amazed rangers let bacuna go, he's quality. We also have tahith chong back soon (but not tonight alas). lots of blues whingeing about the lack of decent pubs by the ground btw - apparently they're mainly headed to the holiday inn.

Any Huddersfield fans here?

You had a very fortuitous win against us (Fulham) last Saturday. But I can’t deny you are one of the best teams we’ve played this season. Therefore I’m very surprised to see you are 14/1 for promotion. I fancy a punt on that.

Ah well, despite winning reading were a poor side imho, but we shipped two poor goals yet again though tbf we have no fit cb's.

We can only marvel at the genius that is Brennan Johnson for the rest of the season (unless we go up!)

Steve Cooper has assembled an incredible squad and the lads are buzzing at the moment. The best football since Cloughie was in charge in the late eighties IMO! I can't wait until Sunday and the FA Cup quarter-final with Liverpool. 6pm kick-off is a bastard of a time for us that live down south though. But it'll be worth it!

Let's show the nation that the Tricky Trees are back to being a huge club!

Fck me. We got a point at Bournemouth!

It is hard work being a Reading fan at the moment. The club is a shambles and an embarrassment.

anotehr nerve shredding one against huddersfield tonight. on sky so not predictign a big crowd but can t wait all the same

We can only marvel at the genius that is Brennan Johnson for the rest of the season (unless we go up!)

Steve Cooper has assembled an incredible squad and the lads are buzzing at the moment. The best football since Cloughie was in charge in the late eighties IMO! I can't wait until Sunday and the FA Cup quarter-final with Liverpool. 6pm kick-off is a bastard of a time for us that live down south though. But it'll be worth it!

Let's show the nation that the Tricky Trees are back to being a huge club!
& a great performance tonight!!!

God i wish i had went to the match and ran on that pitch. It was very exhilarating doing so against Derby in the play offs a few years ago, i had goosebumps watching at home.

Reactions: mod
God i wish i had went to the match and ran on that pitch. It was very exhilarating doing so against Derby in the play offs a few years ago, i had goosebumps watching at home.

I have to be honest i was pleasantly surprised by that. The atmosphere at the Cottage has been very flat this season. One expects due to the novelty of promotion having worn off. But the place was rocking last night and great scenes at the end.

wow, Stoke's squad cost :eek: Also, fair play to Cov (who stuck four past us at Easter). As for Blues, what a three ring circus as usual - ten goals conceded in two games, six against Blackpool. (As an aside, wonder who thought it was a good idea to arrange Blackpool away fixture on the Easter bank holiday, you'd think they learned from last time that happened years ago). Think Lee Bowyer will be gone by the end of the season but it doesn't make any difference with our faceless (and allegedly extremely dodgy) owners. We're a club in freefall with part of the ground closed for safety reasons, drab matchday experience, dwindling attendances and a toxic atmosphere!

I wonder how much fulham will net in parachute payments when they go down again?

I am not a Rooney fan but feel respect for him at Derby and sorry for Derby. He appears to have done a half decent job against all the odds and pledged allegiance for next season.

I wonder how much fulham will net in parachute payments when they go down again?

I am not a Rooney fan but feel respect for him at Derby and sorry for Derby. He appears to have done a half decent job against all the odds and pledged allegiance for next season.

Feeling much more hopeful that we’ll stay up than I was after the last 2 promotions. This is without doubt a better team and manager.

wow, Stoke's squad cost :eek: Also, fair play to Cov (who stuck four past us at Easter). As for Blues, what a three ring circus as usual - ten goals conceded in two games, six against Blackpool. (As an aside, wonder who thought it was a good idea to arrange Blackpool away fixture on the Easter bank holiday, you'd think they learned from last time that happened years ago). Think Lee Bowyer will be gone by the end of the season but it doesn't make any difference with our faceless (and allegedly extremely dodgy) owners. We're a club in freefall with part of the ground closed for safety reasons, drab matchday experience, dwindling attendances and a toxic atmosphere!
hosting one of millwall's biggest games for the past few seasons on saturday. we've asked for more tickets. win it and shef united do anything other than win, and we jump into sixth.

it's ridiculous, isn't it? same with norwich and recently watford. the people with real vested interest in those clubs must be laughing all the way to the bank.

Back
Top Bottom