Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Championship 2021-22

The relegation scrap is an awful place to be. Tonight I celebrated Barnsley's defeat, which means that mathematical safety is one step closer.

Then I remembered that the miner's family I stayed with when we visited Yorkshire during the 84-85 strike were big Barnsley fans. and felt a bit shit.

Fortunately, I have no connections with Peterborough or any Peterborough fans, so tomorrow should be more fun.

Fair bit of trouble at Blues Millwall yesterday - bricks and bottles thrown and one man in very serious condition in hospital apparently. As for the match, we were a little better but still a piss poor team with low morale. We've only stayed up due to point reductions! Wall don't look anywhere near premiership quality either tbh.

Fair bit of trouble at Blues Millwall yesterday - bricks and bottles thrown and one man in very serious condition in hospital apparently. As for the match, we were a little better but still a piss poor team with low morale. We've only stayed up due to point reductions! Wall don't look anywhere near premiership quality either tbh.
can only apologies for our dimwits.

your forward line looked sharp, sharper than ours. thoguht the draw was a fair result.

yeah, i don't think blues fans were entirely innocent, must admit there's a nasty element to our fan base as well tbh. speaking of which, One-eyed Baz died recently, he was one of the main Zulus - there's a mural of him in brum now, but mainly due to his later charity work i assume! anyway, i hope that fella hospitalised is ok, in his 60's apparently, madness really innit.

yeah, i don't think blues fans were entirely innocent, must admit there's a nasty element to our fan base as well tbh. speaking of which, One-eyed Baz died recently, he was one of the main Zulus - there's a mural of him in brum now, but mainly due to his later charity work i assume! anyway, i hope that fella hospitalised is ok, in his 60's apparently, madness really innit.
millwall vs brum always has a lot of needle. the fact that we took a few k up there and the stakes so high for the play offs, i am not surprised. not condoning it though, always depressing to see grown men trying to beat the shit out of each other.

Was at the cottage yesterday for the glorious occasion of a thumping 7-0 win and championship trophy ceremony and celebration. Always good to get a run around the pitch at full time too! Im savouring the good times as next season will be naturally much tougher.

Im hoping Notts Forest do Bournemouth later, will be good to see Scott Parker and his team fail to go up automatically having been in the top 2 for possibly the entire season.

Reactions: mod
Hats of to Fulham on the championship. It used to be said that the most rewarding game in football was promotion from championship to premiership via the play offs. Is that worth more than a parachute payment for relegation I wonder.

Was at the cottage yesterday for the glorious occasion of a thumping 7-0 win and championship trophy ceremony and celebration. Always good to get a run around the pitch at full time too! Im savouring the good times as next season will be naturally much tougher.

Im hoping Notts Forest do Bournemouth later, will be good to see Scott Parker and his team fail to go up automatically having been in the top 2 for possibly the entire season.

What a fantastic night at The Cottage it was indeed.

This was my daughters first proper season. She's been a few times before but is almost most 12 now and is really into football so its been a great season for me and her. I've taken her to CC at 7 times and we went away to Forest too.

I really really wanted her to experience a special night at Craven Cottage and last night was perfect. What a performance. Some stunning goals. Fantastic atmosphere. And Mitro beating the previous 42 goal record with teh last kick of the game.

thumbnail_3b7a7567-5bb1-4a2e-81f9-99a5cbd1b5c0.jpeg

Fulham-7-0-Luton-Hosts-crowned-as-Championship-champions-after-Marco.jpeg

This is winning a title is style. SKY highlights.

Aleksandar Mitrović really is an amazing player at this level. Very strong stats at international level too.

And despite the much used claim 'He can't do it in the premiership' he scored 11 prem goals in the season we went down the time before last. Scott Parker hardly played him last season and it was obvious one of them where going to have to leave the club as they clearly hated each other. Thank fuck Parker went. For the style of football alone.

Anyway......take a bow Mitro....

Screenshot 2022-05-03 at 15.12.27.png
Aleksandar+Mitrovic+celebrates+a+goal+against+Nottingham+Forest-1fc55482-0663-4926-9135-abb3f...jpeg

Come on you Hatters!! Whatever happens now, it's been an incredible season. With a squad that cost under £5M, when we play teams with individual players that cost more than that who don't even make the bench!

Thank god that's over.

Doubtless next season will be as bad. About three quarters of our first team squad are out of contract and off, or loanees who will be away as quick as they can. Reading's U23s came bottom of their league, so there's not a lot of hope there.

Might just put a fiver on us going down next term.

I just saw the last few minutes of extra time. Forest's goalkeeper was immense, with saves during the match and in the shootout. Same time, I really wish the FA/refs would clamp down on time wasting by keepers in the shootout. Some sort of 'shut the fuck up and get on your line' directive should be easy to enforce, with automatic bookings. Mind the ref added to it himself last night having, apparently, a 90 second chat with both keepers while the first taker stood waiting on the spot.

Well done, Forest!
Yep, they deserve it for the way they've charged up the table. Same time, those 2 2nd half penalty decisions... :eek: Could understand the ref missing them with the naked eye, particularly the 2nd as he was obstructed, but fecks sake, VAR!

Back
Top Bottom