Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Meanwhile, the Forgotten Stuff

Another example: if Putin or Lukashenko had, in a short space of time, rounded up and jailed 60,000 or so people, as NATO member Turkey's president did after the attempted coup against him, 'The West' would be beside itself with delighted outrage. Erdogen gets a free pass. Because NATO.

Fuck off RD2003 you bellend, in five years and thousands of posts, you've mentioned Libya a total of six times, five times in the Ukraine forum and once in the football forum.

Of your nine mentions of Turkey, six were in the Ukraine forum and two were in the football forum - but now it's all "Why aren't any of you paying attention to these countries?"

If you weren't just trolling you'd start new threads in the world politics forum about these countries, or possibly contribute to the numerous existing ones.

It seems a great system, why not bury all news about Turkey, Libya, and indeed Pakistan, Hungary, and Haiti for that matter, within a single thread in the Ukraine forum? That'll definitely be a good way of starting discussion about news in those places, and not just a pointless bit of passive-aggressive trolling.

Fuck off RD2003 you bellend, in five years and thousands of posts, you've mentioned Libya a total of six times, five times in the Ukraine forum and once in the football forum.

Of your nine mentions of Turkey, six were in the Ukraine forum and two were in the football forum - but now it's all "Why aren't any of you paying attention to these countries?"

If you weren't just trolling you'd start new threads in the world politics forum about these countries, or possibly contribute to the numerous existing ones.
it isn't a thread specifically about those countries, and it's obvious why it's in the Ukraine forum. I didn't realise, however, that you had to have mentioned certain countries before, in other forums, before you can mention them on this one.

Interesting how you can get a change of tactics when a war doesn't seem to be going well any more.
Tactics? 😆

I've posted a range of stuff, looking at this war from different perspectives.

And it isn't my war or yours.

Just that I've not noticed you on the main threads any more saying about how many lives would be saved if Ukraine 'negotiated' with Putin despite his obvious untrustworthiness and the huge loss of life already caused by the Russians.

Just that I've not noticed you on the main threads any more saying about how many lives would be saved if Ukraine 'negotiated' with Putin despite his obvious untrustworthiness and the huge loss of life already caused by the Russians.
What upsets you so much about a different opinion?

It isn't as if mine or yours actually affects the course of the war, is it?

I, for one, am very grateful for this thread to remind me that bad things happen all around the world, and that 'the west' is not all fantastic. Top thread.
You must have noticed, however, the disparity between the attention on Ukraine and other 'bad things' gets on here and everywhere else.

The last six months have been a gift for the fake moralising that's so fashionable these days.

This thread's just a lazy effort - with whataboutery, there's usually at least a token effort to connect the "what about" to the subject, e.g "America's condemning Russia for torturing prisoners of war, but what about all those CIA black sites?"

But here, it's literally just "bad shit happens in other places, what about that?"

Posted on a day when mass graves in newly liberated Ukrainian territory are yielding more evidence of horrific war crimes.

The war was serious enough for the useless crank fuck to start a thread where he's shrieking about imminent nuclear annihilation or something.

You must have noticed, however, the disparity between the attention on Ukraine and other 'bad things' gets on here and everywhere else.

Is that really surprising or even worthy of comment though? It is, as you have pointed out many times, a hugely important thing that's going on with massive impacts and repercussions. It's neither a surprise nor something to think of as especially strange when it takes up lots of space is it? Syria did the same for example.

Is that really surprising or even worthy of comment though? It is, as you have pointed out many times, a hugely important thing that's going on with massive impacts and repercussions. It's neither a surprise nor something to think of as especially strange when it takes up lots of space is it? Syria did the same for example.
Syria didn't, not to this extent.

Yeah, being disgusted by war crimes is "fake moralising," you stupid, bitter old cunt.
Do you think you're the only one who's disgusted, and do you think war crimes are not taking place elsewhere right now?

And do you add an insult to everything you say in disagreement in real life?

What upsets you so much about a different opinion?

It isn't as if mine or yours actually affects the course of the war, is it?
What upsets you so much about people responding to your threads?

Why bother posting then?

Syria didn't, not to this extent.

I haven't done a deep analysis of the articles/post on here, but that's quite possibly true. Not to even mention the very different reasons for the conflicts, but I mean we could discuss why a country that's closer geographically, politically, and culturally to here; and where the UK is much more actively involved in a conflict that might also include the use of nuclear weapons might engage more people here, but not sure it would be much of a surprise, nor be very useful politically would it?

Back
Top Bottom