Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ridiculous Bans etc of Stuff Considered to be dangerously 'Russian'

I like vodka and caviar. What's wrong with it?

I love St Petersburg FL too. It has a great Dali museum which I always visit when I'm there.
If you saw the shop you'd understand. Imagine a shop on Freeman Street knocking out top price if not range fish and chips at £100 a time and you'll get an inkling

this kinda slipped through amongst the other stuff of the past few days. Russia - unlike many nations - doesnt store its stuff in the usual hubs like London or Zurich, meaning it cannot be easily ringfenced in the West. it has a couple of thousand tones of the stuff hidden away at a handful of vaults around the country. Gold, unfortunately, doesn't have a memory and can be easily moved on discreetly and legitimised elsewhere -unlike other traditional assets. as part of a longer plan to change state coffers to rely less on easily identified overseas stuff, russia have wound down its holdings of yankee bills and bonds gradually over the past few years. There will always be someone willing to hand over cash for bars

this kinda slipped through amongst the other stuff of the past few days. Russia - unlike many nations - doesnt store its stuff in the usual hubs like London or Zurich, meaning it cannot be easily ringfenced in the West. it has a couple of thousand tones of the stuff hidden away at a handful of vaults around the country. Gold, unfortunately, doesn't have a memory and can be easily moved on discreetly and legitimised elsewhere -unlike other traditional assets. as part of a longer plan to change state coffers to rely less on easily identified overseas stuff, russia have wound down its holdings of yankee bills and bonds gradually over the past few years. There will always be someone willing to hand over cash for bars
As they've got plentiful hydrocarbon resources to flog, at very high market prices, the Russians are probably not that focussed on selling off Romanov gold.

Its nuts how connected our world is, so much so that we are all interdependent not only on our friends but also our declared enemies.

Fuck globalisation, its negative aspects not least its support of economic growth outweigh the benefits for me.

Stoli was OK back in the day but is vile oily shit made in Latvia these days to get around the EU block on Russian goods. Its awful. The Icelandic Reyka shows how much Voddy has improved over the years.

I still like Lada and moskvitches becuase I am a twat. I posted in the motors thread about a bloke in blackheath who was importing real new Lada Nivas for sale for about 20K or so - looks to be having a fire sale now at cost £14k. I kinda would but no yeah no.

Baltika beer is meh. only worth picking up if its on special.

Alyonka red october chocolate is nice but its hardly for sale at the local costcutter

Struggling to think of any russian goods that I would have any interest in using tbh. maybe an AK, but its hard to get a decent russian one these days, the market is flooded with random copies made to even lower standards that the soviets used to consider acceptable
Got a camouflage cover for my jetboil off some bloke in st Petersburg the russian one not the flordia shithole. Hope he okay he e bay shop sold random bits of military kit.

In a history classroom where I work, Putin's portrait has been removed from the display of important figures of the past century but Hitler, Ian Brady and Richard Branson are all still there.
Whilst I find the Bearded Wonder very annoying I must admit to be rather bemused that he is part of that list.

Back
Top Bottom