Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Mass stabbing at Southport Kids’ Club 29/7/24

Florid paranoia is likely to get you a dx of psychosis.

There are many people who have paranoid states of mind who are not floridly psychotically ill. The people who feel slighted and act on it.

Mental health services are not very good at recognising these states of mind ime, so I'm not sure that better and more mental health services would necessarily help.

From Sky News. Quotes in bold says it all, knuckle dragging loons.

Riot police deployed as large crowds throw bricks outside mosque​

A large crowd has gathered outside a mosque in Southport as tensions run high in the town following the knife attack.

Police riot vans and officers are standing guard outside the building.

People can be heard shouting: "No surrender" and "English till I die".
Our team has seen bricks being thrown and a group of people attempting to tip a riot van.

Hundreds of youths and men and a large police presence remain on the streets surrounding Hart Street, where the attack took place.

In the aftermath of the attack, several false accusations have been spread online, with incorrect names of the 17-year-old boy that has been arrested shared on social media.

The unnamed suspect is from Wales, Merseyside Police has said, but false claims that he was an asylum seeker who had arrived in the UK by boat have spread online.
Earlier today, Home Secretary Yvette Cooper said social media companies "need to take some responsibility" for speculation.

Ms Cooper's intervention aimed came after Downing Street urged the public to avoid "unhelpful" speculation about the attack, amid concerns that misreporting online could inflame community tensions.

From Sky News. Quotes in bold says it all, knuckle dragging loons.

Riot police deployed as large crowds throw bricks outside mosque​

A large crowd has gathered outside a mosque in Southport as tensions run high in the town following the knife attack.

Police riot vans and officers are standing guard outside the building.

People can be heard shouting: "No surrender" and "English till I die".
Our team has seen bricks being thrown and a group of people attempting to tip a riot van.

Hundreds of youths and men and a large police presence remain on the streets surrounding Hart Street, where the attack took place.

In the aftermath of the attack, several false accusations have been spread online, with incorrect names of the 17-year-old boy that has been arrested shared on social media.

The unnamed suspect is from Wales, Merseyside Police has said, but false claims that he was an asylum seeker who had arrived in the UK by boat have spread online.
Earlier today, Home Secretary Yvette Cooper said social media companies "need to take some responsibility" for speculation.

Ms Cooper's intervention aimed came after Downing Street urged the public to avoid "unhelpful" speculation about the attack, amid concerns that misreporting online could inflame community tensions.
"need to take some responsibility" is putting it mildly. Since Musk took over Twitter has become nuclear. The amount of vile shit allowed is staggering, genuinely, even for social media.

At this point I'd happily take away Yaxley Lennon's passport. If Shamina Begum is a threat to this society enough to lose her citizenship, then by god so is he. Boot him out

The racist backlash reminds of the stabbings of 3 kids in Dublin, in November after which fash went rioting. Horrible stuff and an old, old story that's been played out so many times. Social media accelerates these bonehead vicious reactions, but it's always there, bubbling under.

Whatever these "patriots" think, it shows zero compassion or solidarity for the kids and their families.

The racist backlash reminds of the stabbings of 3 kids in Dublin, in November after which fash went rioting. Horrible stuff and an old, old story that's been played out so many times. Social media accelerates these bonehead vicious reactions, but it's always there, bubbling under.

Whatever these "patriots" think, it shows zero compassion or solidarity for the kids and their families.
Attacking a mosque won't do shit. And I'm sure plenty of these men are violent and abusive themselves. But it's OK because they're white. And white men never murder women and girls.

As if the families aren't already going through hell.

"need to take some responsibility" is putting it mildly. Since Musk took over Twitter has become nuclear. The amount of vile shit allowed is staggering, genuinely, even for social media.

At this point I'd happily take away Yaxley Lennon's passport. If Shamina Begum is a threat to this society enough to lose her citizenship, then by god so is he. Boot him out

This shit is all over news pages on Facebook too. Tommy Robinson was right et cetera.

I’d say:

1. Prepare for a major poll bump for Reform.
2. The far right recognise the outpouring of genuine anger across Britain which these murders have sparked and will be actively seeking to capitalise on it.
3. I don’t think we’ve seen the end of rioting this summer. You can feel it brewing everywhere over a multiplicity of issues.

I’d say:

1. Prepare for a major poll bump for Reform.
2. The far right recognise the outpouring of genuine anger across Britain which these murders have sparked and will be actively seeking to capitalise on it.
3. I don’t think we’ve seen the end of rioting this summer. You can feel it brewing everywhere over a multiplicity of issues.

"Genuine anger" my arse. There are probably cops getting bricks hurled at them right now who were rescuing little girls who'd been stabbed yesterday.

The sense of entitlement, to even pretend that someone has been so emotionally damaged by "witnessing" this on Twitter and in the news that they are justified to travel to Southport and riot over - and this is to give them the widest possible benefit of the doubt - their interpretation of what went on (which at the moment appears to be utterly disconnected from what actually happened), is staggering.

Attacking a mosque won't do shit. And I'm sure plenty of these men are violent and abusive themselves. But it's OK because they're white. And white men never murder women and girls.

As if the families aren't already going through hell.

It's not even impossible that one of the kids was from a Muslim family and went to that mosque. It's also fairly likely that some of the attendees know the children who were attacked, in the same class at school etc. It's definitely more likely than that they know the attacker or have any connection to him at all.

The mosque attackers won't care, of course - they just hate Muslims and love hating things.

ETA: Even if the attacker had been Muslim and local, that still wouldn't justify this violence. It's just that even by their logic this is absolutely pure hate.

Last edited:
He got a taxi from his house to the venue where the class was being held. He didn’t pay for the taxi and had conversations with the male taxi driver and a couple of other blokes before he headed off to the back of the centre where the class was being held. There was nothing opportunistic about this attack.
RevolutionSound the point I was making was not that he ordered a taxi but that he didn’t attack the taxi driver, or the blokes he talked to once he got out of the taxi. He knew exactly where the class was being held which was not visible from the street and he deliberately went there to carry out his murderous rampage of little girls.

He may have been psychotic, he may not. But he definitely targeted his victims.

Back
Top Bottom