Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Mass stabbing at Southport Kids’ Club 29/7/24

I haven't got time to look it up now, but I have a vague recollection that the max sentence for inciting racial and/or religious hatred is 4 years.

It's 7 years, but they wouldn't get done for incitement as none of the videos prove that. They'd probably be charged with riot offences, which are up to 9 years.

It's 7 years, but they wouldn't get done for incitement as none of the videos prove that. They'd be charged with riot offences, which are up to 9 years.

There was quite a long livestream on YouTube, featuring at one point a chap without a mask rushing a police line and urging everyone behind him to join in. Certainly hope he is charged with incitement.

I can’t stop thinking about those poor girls and their families who have been terrorised by more male violence in response to male violence. It’s sick beyond words

This, 100%

I'm also baffled by the idea of what one poster called "genuine anger" relating to this.

My own feeling on reading about this story is one of overwhelming sadness. I don't fully understand how or why that can so quickly get turned into anger of the sort that expresses itself through a need for violent revenge, whether that revenge is directed at the individual concerned, or at the community thought (wrongly in this case, obviously) to be responsible for the original atrocity.

That violent response seems to me to be almost equally disturbing as the initial attack, and would be even if it hadn't been hijacked by the far right.

Farage and co need to see this level of anger directed at them.

Twitter and facebook need urgent regultion.

And Tiktok it's full off people live streaming saying hes this and that.... etc all a cover up, he's a man in this 30, MI6 and all the other fake news around it.

The riots have nothing to do with the carnage visited on the children. I posted earlier that it was wrong to use that for political point scoring. I stand by that.
The rioters are not there for the children, they're not there for Southport, and they are not there for any genuine political reason. They're simply there because they hate. They are there because they are hate filled. And they are there because they are hateful. They are not patriots. They are just criminals. I hope they get the book thrown at them. I have seen elsewhere that there has been a suggestion of EDL involvement. It wouldn't surprise me. If true, isn't the proscription of this vile organization long overdue?
Yeh hur hur they're all knuckledragging thickos with no political nous at all. You'll never understand this or be able to adequately respond to it if you think they're simply stupid or hate filled. Nor if you think patriots and criminals are diametrically involved, or that criminal is the worst thing you can call them. That there is a point to this seems beyond you.

The aim of sowing division and disruption is to open up a political space in which to operate, for things to be taken further. While for the men on the street this might be simply beer- drug- and testosterone fuelled fun, people like syl and nf stand poised to reap rather greater rewards with barely any chance of prosecution. More than 4m people voted refuk at the last election and nf is working to increase that. He may not be down on the ground or openly allied to eg Britain first or syl but I'm sure there are channels between golding and syl and nf. Their interests so obviously align that they'd have to be unbelievably stupid or super intelligent not to have some communication between them.

But this isn't going to be solved by throwing books at those nicked. The state can't magic this away like it could a gang of county lines people. You can't, after all, jail political ideas, even if you work really hard at it. The only ways to resolve this is by what I've heard described as the leadership of ideas, by creating an anti-fascist culture of resistance, and by organising physical resistance to the fascists - as afa did in the 80s and 90s.

And Tiktok it's full off people live streaming saying hes this and that.... etc all a cover up, he's a man in this 30, MI6 and all the other fake news around it.
Tiktok is also hell. They all are. I don't know how you fix this. Social media should have been properly regulated - however that is possible given that it's under multinational corporate control - years ago. Whatever is done moving forward will be seen as george soros/davos/WEF/Dr Fauci trying to bring about agenda xyz/transifying kids/electric universe/oppression. I just think we're going to have to bite the bullet on that. Can't do nothing though

It's 7 years, but they wouldn't get done for incitement as none of the videos prove that. They'd probably be charged with riot offences, which are up to 9 years.
I could easily live with them being given that.

I could easily live with them being given that.
Need to be very careful about what we wish for here. These fuckers rioting are doing an incredibly horrible and hateful thing on all sorts of levels, but anti-riot laws and punishments have a tendency to be out of all proportion as they represent the state asserting its power and clamping down on anything that resembles a breakdown in order. But you won't always be quite so out of sympathy with the rioters and their motivations.

Need to be very careful about what we wish for here. These fuckers rioting are doing an incredibly horrible and hateful thing on all sorts of levels, but anti-riot laws and punishments have a tendency to be out of all proportion as they represent the state asserting its power and clamping down on anything that resembles a breakdown in order. But you won't always be quite so out of sympathy with the rioters and their motivations.
I'm always out of sympathy with rioters.

Including situations where the rioters are reacting to state brutality?
Yes.

I'm for peaceful protest - not riots. Rioting solves nothing. It's counterproductive and only serves to make governments and law enforcement more determined to clamp down on it.

Tiktok is also hell. They all are. I don't know how you fix this. Social media should have been properly regulated - however that is possible given that it's under multinational corporate control - years ago. Whatever is done moving forward will be seen as george soros/davos/WEF/Dr Fauci trying to bring about agenda xyz/transifying kids/electric universe/oppression. I just think we're going to have to bite the bullet on that. Can't do nothing though

The worse part of TikTok it these people make
Money , they get gifts on lives and money for views and likes , so they go on a stir shit up for money

Yes.

I'm for peaceful protest - not riots. Rioting solves nothing. It's counterproductive and only serves to make governments and law enforcement more determined to clamp down on it.
Depends on how legitimate you consider the government and law enforcement to be, I guess. There have been plenty of times and places in history where riot has been a direct response to repression. 'Collective bargaining by riot'.

Depends on how legitimate you consider the government and law enforcement to be, I guess. There have been plenty of times and places in history where riot has been a direct response to repression. 'Collective bargaining by riot'.
It it's within the law, surely - by definition - it is then legitimate?

Is there a specific example you are thinking of?

Back
Top Bottom