Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Mass stabbing at Southport Kids’ Club 29/7/24

No fatalities reported (yet) but all victims seem to be children. Man arrested.
(Mrs SFM in a tizz as she’s from there and her friend works nearby)

awful news. unbelievably horrific. sympathy to all affected

pls could you edit the date into the thread title so this doesn't get bumped in future with people thinking it is a new incident?

Sky is saying 8 have been stabbed, some taken to the children's hospital, no confirmation on how many kids and how many adults.

Truly shocking news.

Journalist on Sky mentioning Dublane as a mass stabbing. I wasn't in UK back then but thought it was a shooting?

Journalist on Sky mentioning Dublane as a mass stabbing. I wasn't in UK back then but thought it was a shooting?
Bloody hell. It was a mass shooting, with 16 children and their teacher shot dead and with 15 other casualties.

Only the most significant mass shooting ever in the UK, that's all.

That's an exceptionally poor and badly-informed journalist if that is what was said.

Bloody hell. It was a mass shooting, with 16 children and their teacher shot dead and with 15 other casualties.

That's an exceptionally poor and badly-informed journalist if that is what was said.

It's sadly the sort of thing that happens with rolling news channels breaking a new story, they waffle on without the facts to hand.

They tend to correct it later on, once the error has come to the attention of those in charge of the overall coverage,

Eldest and Son were 7 and 5 (the same age as the Dunblane kids) at the time it happened so it definitely had an impact on us and I can still remember turning on the TV and being shocked about it. I hope they're wrong about a kid dying in this and they all recover. Plod seem to have the perp in custody though so presumably more news will be forthcoming.

If I were an actor who needed to cry, a glance at the class photo of the Dunblane kids works. Every time.

Absolutely horrific. Those poor people. It must have been terrifying for the children and adults trying to shield them. If it is true one of the children has died I can't imagine how their parents are feeling.

Absolutely Horrific ...
Much sympathy to all involved [obv excluding the perp].
The victims, their families and friends as well as the emergency & medical services that attended.

and has been said, that sky reporter was very wrong - Dunblane was the UK's worst mass shooting and that led, directly, to the UK banning hand-guns in private ownership.

It's sadly the sort of thing that happens with rolling news channels breaking a new story, they waffle on without the facts to hand.

They tend to correct it later on, once the error has come to the attention of those in charge of the overall coverage,
It might have been better not to reference it at all, if unsure of the facts, otherwise it runs the risk of trivialising both of these tragedies with their inane commentary i.e. just rambling on incessantly, in order to keep the rolling news bandwagon trundling along.

17-year-old Ali Al-Shakati from Banks has been arrested in connection with the Southport stabbings and is currently in police custody.

Back
Top Bottom