Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Manchester City 22/23

Haha, not missing Zinchenko. If he were still at the club he'd be our fourth choice left back after Ake, Laporte and the best transfer business of the season - Manuel £15m Akanji. The dude has played every position across the back four now and was ruthless last night.

Felt sorry for Arsenal tbh .Reminded me of one of those valiant outsiders in the Grand National who are five lengths clear and a few fences off the finishing line ,get giddy ,then fall badly and tragically have to be put down. There's probably a black tent still on the pitch at the Etihad.

Felt sorry for Arsenal tbh .Reminded me of one of those valiant outsiders in the Grand National who are five lengths clear and a few fences off the finishing line ,get giddy ,then fall badly and tragically have to be put down. There's probably a black tent still on the pitch at the Etihad.
I was thinking about exactly that, Alex Ferguson's Devon Loch comments about Newcastle.

I was thinking about exactly that, Alex Ferguson's Devon Loch comments about Newcastle.
... in fact, trying to imagine Arteta, in a Spanish Geordie accent: 'I'd love it me if we (had) beat them...'

Haha, not missing Zinchenko. If he were still at the club he'd be our fourth choice left back after Ake, Laporte and the best transfer business of the season - Manuel £15m Akanji. The dude has played every position across the back four now and was ruthless last night.
I think that quote is about Cancelo

I think that quote is about Cancelo

Works for him too the whingeing bastard. In fact no, it’s rather different because look how good Grealish is now he knows all that area of the pitch belongs to him and is his responsibility. Instead of having Cancelo racing past him or stepping-on his toes.

He’s arguably a better defender than Cancelo too:

Big ups again to Nathan Ake. Didn't expect him to be back so soon and he looked leggy in the first half but he's been one of our elite and easily the best Dutch defender in the league!

Went to City v West Ham last night despite not having a dog in the fight.

Have obvs heard/read all about the Etihad’s lack of atmosphere and empty seats but didn’t want to judge without seeing for myself.

It really didn’t look (clumps of empty seats in all 4 stands) or sound like a title chasing crowd. Is that down to the regularity of Man City winning the league??

My only previous visit was in 2010 in the Spurs end (my team) when they clinched CL football. 2 or 3 trips to Maine Road though when I was much younger - and the contrast is stark!

NB - am well aware the last point stands across the PL

It really didn’t look (clumps of empty seats in all 4 stands) or sound like a title chasing crowd. Is that down to the regularity of Man City winning the league??
I think so. There's no competitive element. You're just waiting for them to score and when they do that's probably game over. Hard to get excited about that. Might be different against Liverpool or Man Utd or something. Same as the West Ham section being sparse, who wants to travel 500 miles on a Wednesday to watch your team get spanked again?

It's the same as these teams in Europe vs us in Europe. We love it, they're used to it.

I think so. There's no competitive element. You're just waiting for them to score and when they do that's probably game over. Hard to get excited about that. Might be different against Liverpool or Man Utd or something. Same as the West Ham section being sparse, who wants to travel 500 miles on a Wednesday to watch your team get spanked again?

It's the same as these teams in Europe vs us in Europe. We love it, they're used to it.
Re: West Ham. Was struck by two things:

1) that this fixture had been re-arranged at relatively short notice due to the Cup semi. Anyone who does that round trip midweek, at short notice (esp with the cost implications) with almost zero expectation of a result deserves some respect.

2) Despite our perceived differences as fans we are all so similar.

Apologies Citizens. Realise this is a Man City thread.

As you were - think the Real semi is where your focus is right now…

Went to City v West Ham last night despite not having a dog in the fight.

Have obvs heard/read all about the Etihad’s lack of atmosphere and empty seats but didn’t want to judge without seeing for myself.

My only previous visit was in 2010 in the Spurs end (my team) when they clinched CL football. 2 or 3 trips to Maine Road though when I was much younger - and the contrast is stark!

NB - am well aware the last point stands across the PL

Crouch’s header?

Yeah I think our fans are spoiled now and it takes something extra to get em going.

As for the Etihad compared to Maine Road, they were never able to recreate the mixture of die-hards and nutters sat either side of the away fans, with that dollop of bitterness attached due to us rather successfully still managing to be proud whilst the other lot across town won everything again and again. When you sign-up for a lifetime of

Apologies Citizens. Realise this is a Man City thread.

As you were - think the Real semi is where your focus is right now…

Crack on, we’re constantly being written about for being cheats, leaving people cold, breaking records (20 wins on the bounce now :cool:) that we can have this as a general discussion thread. I think all the City fans here also remember well what we were and still are:D

I don't want to put £100 because I don't want 100 of you quids. If your fans want to give me odds, I would still say no thanks.

You'll go out.

Back
Top Bottom